Fluffies, Magic and You! A guide -GooGooDa

This story is sort of a guide on how Magic operates on Fluffies in my setting.

You can read it’s first story here: “Mana Charger? I barely know her!”

A video stream starts, depicting a young witch, she combs her straight purple hair while sitting on her bed. Her wall is plastered with out of season christmas lights and old polaroid photographs, really selling the 2010 Tumblr aesthetic vibes, which on the year 0-224 would seem very retro.

Oh, hey! I didnt see you there!” She says while turning and smiling at the camera.

My name is Bridget and Im a Level four certified Ectomancer!
She gets up and the camera follows her movements, probably controlled by some sort of Mana Fuelled charging apparatus. She walks around a brightly lit white corridor, multicolored glass pannels surround the place in rainbow light.

Wait, what was that?” She turns to the camera with badly acted confusion in her face for a moment.

Youre here for the 'Magic on Fluffies Lessons?” The camera’s view moves up and down slightly at a slow pace, as if the viewer were nodding.

Well why didnt you say so! Lets head to the safezone right away!” The camera follows as the girl places her hand on one of the corridor’s walls, the place she touches gets lit into the shape of a door, she enters the light with confidence and the camera soon follows.

The camera enters a large… room? It’s supposed to be inside a building from the previously recorded moments, but it just looks like a windy hill full of grass with a big tree in the middle, open skies above with just enough clouds for comfort, the tree blooms into orange flowers as it’s petals seem to constantly scatter in the wind, the place looks infinite in size.

Mummah!” 3 differently colored small Fluffies, Red, Blue and Green, get up from under the tree, they run in Bridget’s direction while stumbling down the hill, giggling and having fun.

Whassup!” The young woman greets the RBG trio, making the watcher wonder what their names are.

This is the RBG trio, Red, Blue and Green!” Yeah, okay.

They might look like just your regular old Fluffies, and they are! But that doesnt mean theres not something special about them!” She cradles Red in her arms as it does the ‘Upsies stance’, the she starts caressing his mane-less head parting the fluff to reveal a small horn underneath it.

Hi hi! Mummah tickwe gud babbeh!

As you may see, Red here is an Unicorn, they have a slightly instinctual grasp at magic, that sets them apart from other Fluffies...” She tickles the stubby horn and a small Sparkle is projected out of it.

Mummah! Babbeh maek pwetty spawkwes!

Bridget turns to the camera to continue talking.

That level of Magical manifestation you just saw was about the level of control a Fluffy has over magic.” The fluffy falls asleep suddenly, his eyes rolling back as he seems to faint.

And as you can see, their efficiency for magic is awful, and theyll spend all of their energy on the most benign demonstration of thaumaturgy.” She puts the fluffy down, as Blue and Green cuddle around him in a small Fluffpile.

That doesnt mean its not dangerous though, Fluffies are awful at controlling their Mana and might not know how to stop using it once they start!” She keeps moving with the camera and sits next to the Fluffpile.

A Horned Fluffy with Fire Attribute Mana can very easily set itself and your house on fire. This is a vastly documented phenomenom so just google it!” She gets her face close to the sleeping Fluffs and the camera follows.

Something most people dont know is that Fluffies have a very thin coat of Antimagic around them...” She points at Green, who appears to be an Earthy up close, and makes a very small Gust of wind surround the Fluffs, almost unnoticeable.

If you watch closely, youll notice the wind interacts a bit less with Greens Fluff...” She whispers at the camera, trying not to wake up the Fluffies. Then she backs away from them and walks up to the tree.

The Fluffys Antimagic coat usually cant protect it against even weaker magic properly, so it mostly leads to them dying slower and more painful deaths to magical effects, poor little guys...” She makes puppy eyes at the camera with pity in her tone.

Also you might think Alicorns would be better at controlling Magic but their additional Intelligence just stops them from starving themselves to death from Mana overuse.” She looks with a serious face at the camera.

Im not exxagerating when I say this. We all know if you spend too much Mana your body will consume energy from your biomass, so DONT let your Fluffies use magic unsupervised. They WILL kill themselves just to make some pretty colors appear for one second!” She backs away from the camera and goes back to smiling.

This has been Fluffies, Magic and You! Turn in for the next episode (If I make one) where Ill teach you all about the magical Fluffy mutations, like Fluffy Golems, Oozes and Etcetera! Peace!” Bridget makes a Peace Sign for the camera and the transmission ends.

Ty for reading!!

3 Likes

Holy shit, that colored text is fucking amazing. It must have been a bitch to do.

2 Likes

It’s not too bad lol, there’s a website that makes it quite easy. Still more troublesome than single colored though.

1 Like

You mind linking it? I could definitely make use of that.

1 Like

Your draft will end up enormous and it’ll be a drag to edit. You might want to write down the hexcodes you use for each character’s gradients somewhere. But it’s all worth it :saluting_face:.

…I think

2 Likes

Thank you kindly. I use a lot of colored text, so I can find a way to use this sooner or later.

1 Like

I want to say I liked it but the cringe ass nae nae tumblroid taking to the audience gave me so much psychic damage I had to stop reading for a while.

Nice worldbuilding anyway, always wanted to do fantasy setting fluffies myself.

1 Like

Lmao, I take it as a compliment on the realistic depiction of a Tumblr-cultured person.

1 Like