Mawvie (Part 1) -GooGooDa

Hey yall, I’ve had this around in the drafts for a while but didn’t care about writing it down properly. I’ll just get this out of the way now lol. As always this story takes place in my little Alternate Universe, a Modern Urban setting in which magic is real (Though not easily accessible). This story however, focuses on a regular guy in this world, coping with his lack of magic by his own particular methods…

I’m nobody, nobody in particular that is. Just a random heir like the thousands out there. I’ve never worked hard for anything I’m pretty sure, I did try pursuing magic, but it didn’t really get anywhere. In this world it feels like you’re either born with great talent for this stuff, or get an awesome teacher or some magical artifact falls on your lap.

With that said, my lack of personal victories is not really something I’m dissatisfied with of course. I stay on the low and do and buy what I want, making sure to live quietly in my studio apartment… Although…

The unremarkable man walked into the Fluffy adoption center quietly

Like any other sensible person I DO have a hobbie.

A Fluffy catches my eye at the adoption store, it’s a small earthie light blue foal, he looks quite polite, perfect. As I steadily approach him he starts to talk.

Hewwo nice mistah! Mistah be nyu daddeh fow fwuffy babbeh??

Ah… the begging. Music for the ears.

Well... maybe if you ask REEEALLY nicely?” I tell the Foal. Who quickly becomes excited over the idea of being adopted, it’s ears flopping down as it stands on his hind legs, tapping on the glass with his soft hoofpads.

Huhuu! Mistah pwease be nyu daddeh, fwuffy nee huggies an wub!” Perfect! There’s always some attention starved little Fluffy in these places, always cheap too. He’s perfect for the kind of stuff you need him for.

As I decide to adopt him, the other Fluffies on show become agitated, begging endlessly for love and a home, such wonderful sounds… Alas I’ve made my choice, and off to the counter I go.

Some time later…

Seems like the cashier, or whatever she was, knew some sort of Sleeping spell; She handed the Foal off to me already asleep, showoff… The Foal costed a grand ammount of Two Dollars. I wonder if I’ll ever recover from this purchase financially.

As I’m thinking about how to make ends meet I arrive at my luxury studio apartment, taking the small Fluffy straight to the Safe Room. There I put down his carrier and open it, shaking the foal slightly to wake it up.

I know Fluffys have weak magical resistance so that bitch better not have given this thing a coma...

*Yawwnnnn*

The Fluffy wakes up slowly

Uhhmmn? Whewe am fwuffy?

Oh! Good morning pal! Youre in my house, welcome to your new safe room!

The Foal’s eyes go wide and it gasps.

Nyu saef woom fow babbeh!? Babbeh am su happies!” The fluffy gets up on it’s hind legs and does a little wobble for a dance, okay yeah, it’s pretty cute.

I let it explore the room for now, there are many toys inside, a Fluffy bed water and spaghetti flavored kibble, a self cleaning litterbox, anything you might want. But besides that, the room has a huge mirror opposite to the door, covering up the entire wall.

Uwaoo!?” The Fluffy starts tapping on the mirror, but quickly loses interest and starts playing around in it’s room, for that day only, I play with the small fluffy to it’s heart’s content.

The little guy tires himself out from playing with blockies and running around the room, finally, it falls asleep on my lap, cuddling one of the plushies I left in the room, all the while cooing into my hand as it rests in deep slumber.

And when it wakes up…

Hewwo? Nyu fwen?” The Fluffy can see in front of him a mint colored Fluffy with a mustard colored mane, clearly already an adult stallion, with wings and a horn. An alicorn, but most important, to the young foal it’s a-

MUNSTAH! SCREEEEEEE!!!!!!

The mint green fluffy runs around in a frenzy, trying to escape from a Monster the other Fluffy just warned him about. It seems particularly terrified of the concept of a Monster for some reason, not even screaming about it, of course I’m watching all of this from my personal mounter theatre, well, it’s a small room with a screen that connects to cameras. But still.

The blue foal cries itself to exhaustion. “DADDEH SABE BABBEH! AM ONWY WIDDLE BABBEH!!

I enter the room, right on queue. “Whats going on!? Is everything alright!?

Daddeh sabe Mawvie! Der am MUNSTAHS!!!

H-whu??” The small foal is Flabbergasted! What kind of monsters could that big monster fear!?

Oh... I see whats going on...I cradle the mint alicorn in my arms, it relaxes a bit but it closes it’s eyes and it’s shaking a bit.

He is not a monster, his name is Mawvie, he is your big brother and new friend.” I smile at the blue foal, it’s still trembling a bit from the scare and in distress. It doesn’t take long for the Blue Foal’s inherent attachment issues to kick in.

Huhuu... Babbeh had wowstest scawdies daddeh.. nee huggies fow biggest scawdies!

I promptly ignore the Blue Foal while caressing Mawvie, who seems to get more comfortable as time passes, even starting to coo in my arms, this just makes the Blue Foal want affection even more, seeing another Fluffy get love as an attention starved adoption center Fluffy? Essentially torture of the highest level.

Daddeh! Babbeg wan huggies too!” I try not to laugh as the small foal walks forward in my direction, suddenly bumping his head on a hard transparent surface, hurting it’s nose.

SMEW PWACE OWWIES!” I finally turn my attention to the Foal, who is now sobbing while sitting on it’s behind, not understanding what happened.

I smile wickedly in my mind, this is where the fun begins! “Oh!? What is that! Theres a meanie invisible thing! Its separating you from us!

Meanie mageek thingie! Wet fwuffy hug daddeh!” He puffs it’s cheeks while sniffling with his hurt nose.

I think a monster put up this barrier here to separate us, Fluffy!

Wah!? Der am munstahs! Daddeh wun!!!” The foal seems genuinely terrified for me, poor thing. There’s not any ammount of magic here, just a smart switch mirror, the damn bastard hasn’t even realised the mirror is gone and now the room has doubled in size.

A simple trick really, make two identical saferooms by splitting a room in two with a smart switch mirror (Who even needs magic when you have money, HA!). Have two separate entrances, one for each room, I call it the Antichamber Maneuver. The name might be dumb, BUT IT’S QUITE EFFECTIVE!

Dont worry Fluffy, Im safe in here! Outside is dangerous but you are safe here too! Now, I have to go. I have to bring you both nummies and good toys!” I put Mawvie down without waking him up and leave the room before the Foal can protest, closing the door.

The Foal, being separated from Mawvie, was unable to seek comfort in his sleeping monster friend’s warmth, and so it retreated to his bed sobbing. He did realise that he couldn’t find his plushie huggy friend toy he had earlier, he thinks he lost it somewhere, even though the big safe room has a clear open view and no place to hide it.

He hadn’t yet realised, but many other toys were gone too. Meanwhile Mawvie lies dormant, unable to rest properly, multiple nightmares born from old memories assail him. The next day would prove to be quite interesting…

[Next]

8 Likes