Niche Fluffys (by Booperino)

Breeder 1: So another litter of brown ones huh…
Breeder 2: I know right, third one she has without fancy colors. Cute lil chirpies!
B1: …You know those are hard to sell right?
B2: Eh, if we don’t find them families, we send them to the farm!
B1: …Cold…
B2: OH youre the new guy right, sorry it sounded much more grim than intended. My parents got a farm, they love the brown ones, not as much work as big horses, and they like to hear their stories.
B1: huh… guess theres a niche for every fluffy
B2: You’ll be surprised how many horse girls are out there who likes horse colors!

75 Likes

The wholesomes… Too much… My corrupted soul is in pain…

15 Likes

I adore this!

12 Likes

If she keeps having brown foals, might be the sires problem.

But yes, brown foal lover gang rise up. :raised_hands:

12 Likes

The eyes looked different when i originally clicked in.

I thought she gave off a frazzled look and her ‘mummah wuv babbehs’ didn’t corelate to the actions which I thought was smothering one and hoofing the face of another.

~chuckle~ glad I was mistaken.

6 Likes

Love it :heart_eyes::sparkles:

4 Likes

Yey for good humans!

6 Likes

YES, EXACTLY! There would be a big market out there with horse girls and people who love horses in general. Allergic to horses? Here’s a tiny one that can live in your house! And it’s allergy free!

16 Likes

Yes! People want da horsie but can’t have one, now they can have da horsie with all da fluffies

7 Likes

You’d think that. And yet, somehow, the mare always gets blamed. But then the humans have to admit they’re not infallable, and we can’t have that.

6 Likes

In my timeline the preferred colors for pets changes season by season, sometimes month to month. Sometimes “natural horse colors” are popular, sometimes holiday themed colors are popular.

Thankfully very few are abandoned even when the colors become unpopular.

They might end up no longer as pets, but every fluffy has a purpose in my timeline.

5 Likes

I never got the brownie hatred for fluffs because those are some of the most pleasant and neutral colors to look at. And again, cute little talking horses, what’s not to love?

3 Likes

You’re looking at it from a human POV. Look at it from a fluffy POV. Their standards are superficial.

1 Like

Although so are a lot of human’s.

It’s a plot device to cause suffering that people ended up liking.

3 Likes

I mean, fluffies do tend to prefer bright colors, don’t they? Generally speaking.

So it’s not a stretch to say that they’d apply the same logic to foals. Preferring brightly colored foals over brown ones.

But it’s also delightfully ironic, because the brightly colored fluffies are the ones the predators notice first.

1 Like

Boring stuff I’ve noticed:

Summary

You’re right, but I’ve seen some of the old timers say that poopie babies and bestest babies aren’t that old as concepts. If I understand correctly fluffies used to be abuse for the sake of abuse, but over time changed to include “justified” abuse, requiring reasons/excuses to abuse them.

Color discrimination gives reason to abuse the foal (bad luck) and the parents (being awful). Whether it’s preference or programming (ie, the “Hasbio built it”) doesn’t really matter. They’re going to get punished for it.

Its kind of neat to hear how things evolve, go in and out of popularity, etc. But yeah, in the end it’s a plot device to cause suffering that any of the boxes draw from.

The camouflage detail is a good one. I think some folks like the idea of color bias being there to make fluffies less viable as ferals. Hasbio is as genius or as stupid as the story requires, after all.

On topic:

Humans don’t necessarily like them either which is why “bad colored foals” end up being turned into snake food or other things. Which is why I joke humans are as stupid as fluffies.

3 Likes

It’s all fun and games till one gets severely hurt and time to put down if a vet can’t fixem…well still better life then most

1 Like

People want the roomba repaired instead of just getting a new one… they requested the old one be fixed instead of replacement when under warranty. Waiting months instead of a new one that day. Because “it’s a brave little dummy just exploring and cleaning”. humans are pack animals, more people should stop wallowing in self loathing and accept why they are so unhappy.

5 Likes

YES! Feels so good to see natural colors be appreciated. I know it’s unwise to make analogies with real life animals when talking about fluffies, but no one looks at a brown dog and thinks “ugh, it’s shit-colored”. I get the idea that fluffies and children prefer bright colors, and adults as well because they are more profitable with children, but an adult that genuinely looks at color brown and thinks “shit” doesn’t seem right to me.

6 Likes

Pretty fair argument. Personally, I’d pay top dollar for a buckskin or palomino fluffy, but that’s just me.