No Stupid Questions (ask anything you've wondered about Fluffies)

Yeah, not in any serious capacity but it showed up for a few stories here and there. Definitely an antiquated idea now though.

how big can fluffies inflate there cheeks, could they be used to store food like a squirel’s or chipmunk’s.

I tried to apply some new ideas to fluffies. Like AI is all the rage now but even back in 2016 when I joined the booru there were generative AIs and the consensus was that eventually an AI could imitate any human well enough to make that human think it is conscious, but in reality its not and never will. Pattern-matching is not necessarily a matter of consciousness or being self-aware.

Of course now we’re getting into the speculative territory of modern neuroscience where some are wondering if all people are conscious and self-aware or if there are individuals out there who are sort of on auto-pilot, not really the NPC meme as some here are saying since we’re talking a deeper level than just having no internal dialog or oversocialization.

In my HC the speech fluffies have its sort of hardcoded in because hasbio couldn’t fit the necessary brains for actual dialog processing in the small skull of fluffies which is why fluffspeech its so repetitive and how even foals who got separated at birth and canned can still “learn” to talk on their own.

Its because they don’t learn, they always “knew” how to talk, get it?

3 Likes

You know, I always wondered how that aspect of your headcanon worked— more specifically, the whole hardcoded mental dictionary being hereditary.

That and how seemingly nobody else in Marketing tried taking Doctor Bouchard’s side once the fluffy pony’s flaws began to emerge, because you’d think that at least one person there would’ve gone “Steve, maybe that guy has a point”.

1 Like

Got a question. I’ve been thinking about doing a story about micro fluffies in an enclosure modeled after the star ship enterprise.
Can micro fluffs be the size of regular chirpies? Or are they typically smaller?

Typically foal sized adults with jelly bean sized foals

1 Like

Can fluffies count as an emotional support animals? I know they are classified as bio toys but could they preform the same role if someone so desired ? I could see a creature capable of speaking and tell you how much they love you being good for someone who suffers from extreme anxiety or something similar

As much as Fluffies are shown to be selfish little shits, there are plenty of them who are well-behaved and friendly. It’s well within reason that they could be emotional support animals, whether they need training so as not to speak everything on their tiny little minds or if they’re naturally good at empathy is up to your head-canon.

I did a story with an Support Fluffy once, she wasn’t trained but her curiosity and warmth helped her owner open up about his issues.

Personal head cannon is that the fluffies with really kind personalities similar to dogs are actually significantly more expensive and genetically are far less likely to have good colors or be alicorns., this is kind of how I justify some fluffies being outrageously expensive while a similar looking fluffie with smarty syndrome would be just walking around as a stray. You can’t really tell when they are blind chirpies how they will act so breeder can trick people into buying them thinking they got a $1500 fluffy for like $250
When in actuality the fluffy is closer to $10 in value

1 Like

Absolutely. The original Hive canon was that the majority of Fluffies are kind and friendly creatures (With only a few selfish and evil fluffies around) and one of the intended usages Hasbio had envisioned was being “Therapy fluffs”. There were lots of old, good hugbox and Sadbox stories stories about fluffies being trained to be emotional support “Bio toys”, Therapy fluffs or hospital support “Bio Toys” (Especially as fluffies were originally so clean and tidy). It’s absolutely a viable idea still.

1 Like

Willing and able? Absolutely. Receiving the same legal protection? Hell no.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be hysterical if only therapy fluffies were considered to have any value ?Like only therapy fluffies. You have smarties trying to become a therapy fluff but their arrogance and pride forever bars them from being considered worthy of legal protection . Like they could be the best looking fluffy possible and they lose legal protection in favor of a poopie and or dummy simply because they can’t think of anything other than their own selfish desires. To clearly by legal protection I mean they are considered service animals not that they have the right to testify themselves. Hurting a service fluffy would result in minor fines basically enough to pay for a replacement . Not actual animal rights… more like a” you break it you buy it” policy

I know this is a weird sentiment but I would like to think that you could like buy a permit to have your fluffy registered as an animal with full legal protection. I could see Hasbio selling legal rights for a bio toy as paid dlc “fork over an extra $1200 and if some maniac kills your fluffy that person gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist “

2 Likes

What sort of animals are usually involved in making a fluffy?

I remember reading something where that person’s headcanon said that despite them being called fluffy PONIES, there’s little to no horse DNA used

From what I understand there’s DNA from bird’ for the wings. Other than that I’m not sure

That seems to be somewhat popular in people’s headcanons that I’ve seen

Personally I think the majority of their dna comes from pigs and rabbits. With a pinch of ginni pig and parrot

Start with a dog for a strong base of domesticated pet. Add pig to round out their form make them more stout and intelligent. Some cat to be cuter and smaller. Some corvid for wings voice and more intelligence. Some flower dna for softer more pleasant more waterproof fluff and better fragrance. A dash of human to make it cuter and more intelligent. of course narwhal for the horn. Just a touch of jellyfish for bioluminescence. Top it off with a little horse to help the tail and nose come out right.
For sea fluffs add large amounts of seal for shape and insulation and salamander for the accordion lungs and rib gills.

1 Like

Not entirely sure why you’d need to use narwhal DNA for the horn when goats are easier and cheaper to access. Or for that matter, why you’d need flower DNA to improve their scent when you could play around with the pre-existing genes to get, say, sweat that leaves a nice lemony scent as it evaporates.

2 Likes

The flowers were more for the soft velvety feel I’d like to think fluff has. Try touching the petals of a flower you don’t like it’s heavenly. Also goats tend to have twin horns and tend to stick to the sides or curl around. If you want one face spike your choices kinda fall to narwhal teeth and rhino hair.

1 Like