No Stupid Questions (ask anything you've wondered about Fluffies)

So if there was a poopie baby with a glowing horn would the mother keep it or not?

1 Like

if their xenophobia is lesser than their racism. personal headcannon earthies tend to be more stout but the others are preferred as being “special.” fluffs aren’t even that against bad colors or different features unless they have a bad experience or inherit trauma from previous generations.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on a story about a foal born with crocodile scales instead of fluff. I’ve been hitting a wall in terms of some details. I don’t want him to be a cannibal. But I do want him to have sharp teeth and enjoy eating things like small rodents,birds, exc

Is there a special term for a fluffy with sharp teeth that isn’t a cannibal? Or is it all just lumped together?

all lumped together though one guy does “hunting buddies” to middling levels of critique. basically dogs in fluffy form.

Thank you. I was going more for like how a cat eats mice and or small birds.

1 Like

“Poopie Babbeh” and anything around it is always down to personal Headcanon. No community hive since it’s always been divisive and a sore point for the community that no one wants to make a lore about since it’s just an excuse to speedrun into “Justified abuse” and the “Poopie babbeh” is always the most intelligent, most loving and most perfect fluffy that goes home with the human (Who previously despised fluffies) and lives a fulfilling life. And any attempts at lore have been universally terrible so far.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering something for a while now. I read somewhere that glowing horn fluffies tend to die before reaching the talkie baby phase because they can’t control their bioluminescence and it causes them to starve very quickly. If they were kept under constant supervision would it be reasonable to assume they could be kept alive in those conditions?

1 Like

Not my cannon. If anything I’d say it attracts predators.

1 Like

I am sorry I think there may have been some misunderstanding. I was asking in terms of what is generally accepted by the community. For if they are kept under the care of humans. I apologize if my questions seem to broad. I’m still figuring out what things are ironclad rules and what can be left up to the individual’s cannon . Thank you for your help

Hivecannon stories of glowing unicorns are nearly as rare as true magic unicorns. Too little data.

I don’t think there’s an accepted canon about glowing fluffies. It’s not often written about. You’re welcome to make up your own backstory, like Hasbio or someone else was experimenting with bioluminescent genes, etc. I’d use real world science news as inspiration.

1 Like

I’ve only seen a handful of works about glowing-horn fluffies, and only one of those mentioned a greater risk of death. Said risk was that the glow attracts predators, not that it somehow causes them to starve.

Are you talking about this picture?

and the few we’ve seen of aquafluff unicorns

That’s the one! :grin:

1 Like

If any of you are old enough to remember the Glo-worm toy, they had a button inside them that would make a tactile click when you squeezed them enough to activate it. Glo-fluffs work similarly. But instead of an incandescent bulb , their glow is bioluminescent, and is activated by popping their joints, much like you might pop your own knuckles.
The problem is that eventually, kids run out of joints in the fluffy that will pop, and they wind up breaking the biotoy’s neck.
The lights of their fluff will still glow as the light in their eyes go out.

/idea

4 Likes

I’m designing a fluffy behavioral correction academy for my next story. Because the school legitimately doesn’t use physical abuse or harm , and has a plethora of safety protocols including padded armor , helmets, eye protection , tracking devices and anti escape trip alarms. I’m going to make it cost a lot of money per hour to attend. This school is not intended for the average person’s fluffy but for extremely wealthy fluffy owners who want to appeal ethical in their friend circles . On top of what I already mentioned the facility also provides food water, litter boxes and baths if the need arises. The rules of the facility are explained upfront and in no uncertain terms to the owner with a legally binding contract that results in both expulsion and black listing from the program if violated. I was planning on making it $70 an hour per fluffy. I know that’s a ridiculous amount for fluffy care but this is a place for people with more money than they have sense. So given what I have presented do you think the price is too low? Or is it just right?

I know there’s only two options given but 10 second google search shows for human children a moderate average is 200$ a week. (About 12 hours) For dogs 42$ a night. 70 an hour comes out to 1680 a night or 11,760$ a week.

a solution for mothers who kill their offspring (brown foals and alicorns) could be to blind them? do the furry ones have any mechanism besides sight to identify them? i know that runts are by smell, but i remember that in the other cases there is no problem until they see their colors or the presence of horns and wings at the same time.

1 Like

They can feel horns and wings and they can hear if there’s something wrong in how they talk for most mental things but they can’t feel brown on a foal
It’s arguably more ethical to take their legs. More so if you just bind them any time her foals aren’t seperated.

1 Like