No Stupid Questions (ask anything you've wondered about Fluffies)

They can bite them
“take their teeth out”
they can swallow them
It is better not to let them see that they are bad and if it is the case remove everything.

Eventually you’re just left with a sentient ball.

Like a companion cube, without the pointy bits.

1 Like

Blinding a fluffy makes them completely freak out all the time because they are terrified by darkness. Fluffies are so scared of the dark that they require a night light in their safe room at night for comfort. And the most common punishment method outside of the “sorry stick” is the “Sorry Box” mostly because it’s dark (Outside of a small slit of light that lets them see out) and scares the fluffy into behaving after being put in there.

It’s also way more likely they will squash all their foals in a panic trying to find them if they are blinded. That’s why their legs are taken instead if a less than ethical owner or breeder thinks they are going to have an Alicorn. Sure the mare can complain, but they can’t actually stomp their foals without legs while they can accidentally do it when blinded and for feeding they’ll just tie the mare to the wall and make her a milkbag while the foal is on milk.

2 Likes

I now understand how stupid this question was. And by extension how stupid I was for asking it. Unfortunately for me I not only posted this question but also posted a story with these prices, then having to update with alternative payment methods such as donations or a manual labor program for the fluffies themselves. Nothing back breaking but stuff that a fluffy could reasonably do like picking carrots and things of that nature. Also a cheaper but more psychologically intense military style crash course. For anyone wondering what made me think $70 hour was reasonable. 1 i have read stories where people pay well over a grand for a single fluffy, granted these are fluffies are the most desirable aesthetically but that’s still insane. 2 I have read stories where these same caliber of individuals spend ridiculous amounts of money pampering and catering to their fluffies every whim only for their fluffs to become gaslighting narcissistic hell spawn. 3 my original intent was for most people to only leave their fluffies for like 1 hour a day over the course of five months I later changed this idea and forgot to adjust the price. Looking back even my original idea was stupid

Here’s a question. What if someone was to open up a sort of iarge safe room like area where you could just take your fluffy for a walk without having to worry about other animals attacking your fluffy. A garden filled with plants that are not toxic to fluffies. Your fluffy could poop in special litter boxes all over the park that will on the plants in exchange for access to the park. You would have to monitor your own fluffy just like people have to monitor their dogs at a dog park. But you could help fertilize food for local local people in need while providing the safest alternatives to taking a fluffy to a regular park . It could also be used to harness the explosive population of both stray and feral fluffies to actually solve the crop shortage problem caused by them in the first place. The plants inside the area accessible by the fluffiest would be cheap thornless plants that the fluffies could eat to produce more poop for the human food crops inaccessible to the fluffies. You could adopt or offload your fluffies here without the need for shelters . Fluffmart and other breeders could drop off unsold or undesirable fluffies in exchange for a tax write off. Because of how fluffies tend overpopulate quickly the plants consumed would have an affect of either miscarriage or pregnancy prevention . It would not affect the milk of mares that had already given birth but it would stop them from having more babies for a significant amount of time after consumption. Basically if someone decided to adopt them and they stopped eating those plants for a long time they would then be able to have babies again. Fluffies aren’t smart enough to understand that what they are eating is causing them to not make babies. And because of the areas abundance of food and people who are seemingly looking after them with little restrictions on what the fluffies can and can’t do. I really don’t think they would have any desire to leave the garden. The chance of a domestic fluff having a miscarriage from eating the plants is the reason owners are held responsible for monitoring their fluffies. This is by no means a perfect plan but it’s an alternative to just having hundreds of stray fluffs being a constant public health crisis. Your kid gets a fluffy without understanding the responsibility? Take the fluff to the sanctuary and help feed your community

1 Like

Limiting factor is space.
Comparing to deer it takes 8-25 full acres to sustainably support a single deer. Considering most herd stories have a dozen or so fluffs your flufftopia would probably take the full length of an oil/natural gas pipeline.
Also of note is the types of plants present. Most plants leave hard woody sections and grow off them. The living growing parts reach out the farthest and are eaten first. Grass is kinda unique in growing from the bottom and sticking the living but stationary bits up.

2 Likes

Corporate history its full of those moments, some employees or at times several finding a flaw and warning the c-suite about it only to get dismissed. Might be because they are low rank and the ego of the executives above them impedes them from seeing the problem. Could also be that its a matter of sunk cost bias and fixing the issue or outright scrapping the product its not even considered because of the cost specially for the careers of the dumb megalomaniac executives who pushed for that idea.

4 Likes

How big is the average stable herd? Assume roughly consistent population. No major spikes or dips. Mostly internal population growth rather than collecting feral outsiders. The kind of herd that can survive a harsh winter. An established herd. How many adults? How many babies?

Some questions … I’ll have more later, but…

1. About how much milkies does a Foal actually need to drink, and then comparing it to a disgusting Sensitive Baby?

2. Could you actually give a Fluffy Pony antibiotics if Painkillers are a no due to various headcanons (Please include if your headcanon allows for Painkillers, mine doesn’t but its nice to know in general)? If you can, how much of a dose would a Foal, or a Fluffy need?

About 4 ounces a feeding about 3 feedings a day per foal. That’s minimum for proper development.more is possible and mostly makes them fatter and as such more resistant to starvation and cold. More likely to recieve smaller feedings more often. Sbs foals are normal foals they just never stop demanding milk and the diet shifts as they develop meaning they always have too much of some things not enough of others.

Antibiotics are for infections only. No other effect from them. Painkillers are yes but they’re unusually strong so it’s always dicey. Aspirin tablets may as well be morphine.

1 Like

Okay, another question that has been bothering me… the Emoticons. I want to make sure of the contexts.

I get what thumbs up, heart, :o, and clap means.

Reddit, I am assuming is an insult.
Laughing Fluffy is kind of self explanatory but what about the rest?

1 Like

We recently had to drop the plugin we were using for our reactions, because it’s no longer supported by Discourse.
But we found a new one, an official one, and that’s the plugin we’re now using.
Otherwise the only reaction you would have available would be the heart. :heart:
A lot of the emotes are things we’ve been using for years, and some of them are just the default ones that came with the plugin.
You’re right about :reddit: being an insult.
The literal meaning is “Take this shit back to Reddit”

The one that really has no meaning at all anymore is :f_martini: (this is known as Fascist Martini, and it’s a shit edit of :martini: a fluffy that was known to hump…well…everything)

2 Likes

Wasn’t martini gay but had a job as a stud in his official stories?

I’ll be honest, that lore is before my time, and I’m not sure.

is it possible for a fluffy to be too stupid to trick?

i hope so. “Too Dumb To Fool” is one of my favorite tropes, and there’s a lot of potential for it with fluffies. Can’t remember if it’s ever actually been used with them, though.

1 Like

I really like the idea. Show us what you’ve got in mind.