Ode to Bestest Babbeh 2 [ by Milky ]

You are a bestest babbeh, your mummah says so everyday. Your mummah is a lot bigger than you and not covered in pretty fluff, but you don’t care. She’s your mummah. Every bright time she wakes you up with yummy milkies and helps you make good poopies and peepees. She leaves your safe room, the only place you’ve ever really known since you opened your seey places. She’s gone for many forevers, and every day you hope she’ll keep coming back like she promised. Every dark time, the door opens and your mummah gives you more milkies and good poopies, gives you kisses and tells you how pretty you are. Your mummah disappears again after that, turning out the light and leaving you with the faint glow of your night light to lull you to sleep.

Your mummah says you’re beautiful. Of course you are, you’re her bestest babbeh! She says you’d be a perfect fluffyshy if your yellow fluff was a little darker and your pink mane less peachy. She even gives you a namesie— Lemonade. You love your pretty namesies! It’s the bestest namesies for a bestest babbeh.

When your mummah leaves during the day, she lets you watch FluffTV. The fluffies on the shows are confusing— sometimes they talk about bestest babbehs and poopie babbehs, and other times they say all babbehs are the same! You don’t care, your mummah says you’re bestest and so you are.

One dark time, you ask for bestest sketties. Your mummah always gives you sketties, ever since your teethies came in and you became too big for milkies.

“Not today, Lemonade. Sketties are very expensive so you’ll have to wait until mummah gets paid,” your mummah tells you, pushing a bowl of nu taste pretty kibble towards you. You feel your cheeks puff out involuntarily, your soft little hooves stamping on the floor.

“Wan bestest sketties nao! Bestest sketties awe fo bestest babbehs, mummah say su!!”

You’re yelling at your mummah— how can she be such a dummeh? She always told you that you were the bestest and that you deserved everything, why was she saying no?

Before you can contemplate the question, you feel a sharp, stingy huwtie on your flank and break into a symphony of cheeps and huuhuu’s. Your mummah stands over you with a sorry stick— you’ve seen those on FluffTV! Those are for… bad fluffies, right? You’re not a bad fluffy!! Why would your mummah give you bad fluffy huwties?

“Huuhuu why huwt bestest babbeh??? Am gud fwuffy!!! Am onwy widdle babbeh!!” you sob, hoping to remind your mummah that she loves you and that she knows you’re the bestest. There’s another painful sting, this time right on your poopie place and special place. Your voice raises in pitch as you revert back to the simple peeps and cheeps of a foal. You’re so confused— weren’t you the bestest babbeh?? Weren’t you a good fluffy??

Your mummah gives a huff— she’s begun to realize her mistake in coddling you your whole life (despite you not understanding this epiphany) and moves to give one finally smack of her sorry stick before setting it on the table behind her.

“You’re a bad fluffy! You don’t yell at your mummah, and you don’t demand things. I’ve given you everything you could need, and now you’re going to be a brat?”

Your mummahs words sting almost as much as your backside, one of your hooves moving to your mouth as you instinctively suckle at it for comfort.

“Huh… w…why mummah… why mummah huwt Wemon?? chi… cheep, am onwy widdle babbeh… am onwy want bestest sketties…” you sob softly, and though your mummahs face contorts to that of sympathy you receive no sketties. Instead, your mummah leaves your safe room without another word.

Eventually, your tummie huwties are too much and you settle for eating the kibble you were provided— it doesn’t taste pretty, but you just want the owies to stop.

“Mummah… why mummah being dummeh? Nu undewstawnd… jus wan sketties, huuhuu…. Wemon haf owies and wowstest heawt huwties….”

Your mummah doesn’t return for the rest of the dark time, and although you desperately want to see her again so you can have huggies and love, you settle for snuggling your stuffy friend and sobbing yourself to sleep.

You’re so confused, aren’t you the bestest babbeh?

————————————————————

Link to Milky’s Story Archives

60 Likes

Poor lemonade… Doomed by her own cuteness.

And I know the whole “you can’t have sketties everyday because it’s too expensive” thing is a very old trope, but isn’t spaghetti absurdly cheap?

16 Likes

Bah I’m going with the “fluffy brand sketties are disgustingly overpriced and since her mummah has been in the habit of spoiling her she probably doesn’t wanna feed her fluffy cheap pasta and ketchup” or smth lol.

And yeah watch me make a bestest babbeh sympathetic because now she’s my daughter ADFGKFHSH

18 Likes

That makes sense. There would probably be some carb and sodium issues with feeding them regular people spaghetti all the time.

And yeah, very sympathetic. It’s like she is doomed to be a bestest baby because she was raised badly.

8 Likes

The owner’s error is tellin her as a bestesh babbeh , that comes with all the shitty spoiled asshole to foals it wont learn anymore even what fluffytv say.

And the irritating part of "Huuhuu why huwt bestest babbeh??? Am gud fwuffy!!! Am onwy widdle babbeh!!” that brat spouting out.

Will lemonade ends up soon in the alley or in the trash can :joy:

9 Likes

That’s what I’m going with! Idk, fluffy psychology is fun to figure out so I kind of wanted to show how a bestest Babbeh becomes one and why they have trouble breaking away from it. Idk about the rest of this story or her fate but!! I’m just winging it.

6 Likes

Based on how the lady went scorched earth on lemonade’s mother and siblings, and how badly she raised Lemonade, I would definitely see her getting frustrated quickly and disposing of her.

7 Likes

I get that!! But I wanted to also show that the fluffy genuinely doesn’t understand and thinks she’s is a bestest Babbeh and a good fluffy, you know? The owner definitely didn’t help with spoiling her for sure.

Idk about lemonades fate, I kinda love her and don’t know what’ll happen to her haha I’m just winging it.

4 Likes

Overpriced :joy: i know its part of the story some owners couldn’t think its simply cooked spaghetti and ketchup would do

As it what those expensive skettis do? bet those advertising just to have consumer waste more money cause “its more nutrious for your fluffy blah blah blah”

3 Likes

That is definitely a good point! But the owner is kinda giving me like… “only pretty fluffies deserve love” and that’s why the rest of her family was murdered.

Maybe lemon will end up at a shelter and adopted by a good owner who will help her, or she’ll end up in the alley and die.

Dunno yet!

3 Likes

Yep! She’s fallen for the name brand scheme lol

3 Likes

Thats the sad part of their tiny brain can muster, if its bestesh he/she thinks everything he/she is good, never do wrong but demands everything he/she must have.

The innocent and not understanding the world around except the saferoom and without much owner interaction and lesson expect a foal to be a spoiled brat. :fearful:

2 Likes

Yup funny thing my mom sometimes a sucker on tv ads, dad have to tell her its fake and what we are using is fine as it is.:sweat_smile::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Ooh, I can think of a bad one!

The lady is done with Lemonade as a pet because she “somehow” became a demanding brat. However, she can’t let those pretty colors go to waste, so she starts breeding her. And if Lemonade isn’t super cooperative when she is expected to “get friendly” with the stallion put in her safe room with her, things get industrial abuse quickly.

4 Likes

Yes, tis the life of a spoiled bestest babbeh :disappointed:

1 Like

Hmmmmm definitely a good option! Should could get some good foals from lemonade!!

2 Likes

OOO I COULD even transition to a “you are a bestest mummah” kind of sequel oh that’s a good idea.

3 Likes

On your options, how bout all of it in one go :grin: :

That could be all: get adopted teached her bout to be an actual good foal BUT the new owner had good foals and lemonade brain cant help adjust she was bestesh and snap back as being a bitch ended up hurting a more PRICED foal ended her thrown back in the same alley she was kidnap :grin:

3 Likes

Ohhh a good good concept, I’ll put that into consideration!!

2 Likes

Or she’s a shit factory and very suddenly is considered a very bad fluffy…

Followed by cliche “one more bad litter and unspeakable things will happen to you” abuse.

2 Likes