Selfish Choices: Mare’s ending 2/2 - FINAL - (Cmss. for A-S) (InfraredTurbine)

So, here’s the final piece that ends the story of the mare first shown here.

Commissioned for @A-S !
part 1here.

For commissions, illustrations and so on, feel free to contact me!

77 Likes

Shockingly wholesome.

:heart::cherry_blossom::heart:

7 Likes

too wholesome, too good for the bitch

16 Likes

Maybe she’ll learn a lesson. Maybe not. Another Fluffy’s battle against their own ignorance… continues.

2 Likes

Ah, I’m sorry guys, I decided to listen to the community, but I couldn’t help myself and tasked @infraredturbine with giving the mare a bittersweet finale, to show that sometimes, someone out there will still go to great lenghts to hold onto their humanity, showing mercy even to those who might not deserve it. And that sometimes, it’s that person who you’d never think capable of doing so, like a smarty!

For now, this is how the mare’s journey ends…

13 Likes

Better than what she deserves? Potentially, but there’s every possibility that Smarty’s kindness will make her understand what her children went through and how scary it was for them to die alone and frozen.

At least that’s the small amount of suffering I’ll take from this

11 Likes

Indeed, before her eyes close, she’ll have all the time she needs to ponder such thoughts.

1 Like

A nicely handled end.

2 Likes

Ah, I’m too much of a softie to really be too harsh.

Hopefully this is a good enough compromise.

If not, blame it on me, not on Turbine.
:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Never a bad thing.

I was actually considering a more hugboxy moment (if my car hadn’t gone tits up and I had more disposable income) and carrying on with mummah waking up in a vet clinic or the like, using the foal I’d commissioned that was happily carrying on in a new nursing career.

Naaah. Never shoot the messenger. :wink:

3 Likes

Did the mare die tripping balls or did the smarty came ?

2 Likes

both-is-good-both

1 Like

That was unexpected.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll commission that once I get my first paycheck from my new job.

1 Like

Wow thats unexpected but still died cold.

2 Likes

Wait is that actually the smarty or is she hallucinating while experiencing the final warmth before dying of hypothermia?

1 Like

it was really the smarty

1 Like

It was indeed the smarty!

1 Like

Wow