Squirrel - Chapter 2 (EzPete)

Reminder this is Hugbox

Amy set the box down on her porch before opening her door and picking the box back up and carrying it across her house back to the sliding door she had left open. She was very careful about moving the foals as she didn’t want them or their mother to get hurt.

She set the plastic tote bin down in her back yard and lifted the lid off. “Dis am missus Amy’s nestie?” “Wewe am nummies?” “Yes it is!” she answered, then “Don’t worry, they’re coming but first I need to get you out of this bin.”

”Are you all ready?” She didn’t wait for their answer in the form of yesses and affirmative chirps as she slowly tilted the bin over. The foals and their mother began to scatter across the yard as they began to run and play. Sunshine began frantically looking for a hole in the fence, scratching at the gate to the front yard and squeezing behind flower pots looking for a hole in the wooden fence.

Amy walked inside and dug through the pantry. She found a can of spaghetti-os that she saved for when she was feeling sick and couldn’t keep solids down. She dumped it across several paper plates and carried it back to her patio. “Who’s ready for sketti!?” The foals all ran up to her. Even the mention of skettis gave Sunshine pause and she gave up her hopeless task to sheepishly approach Misses Amy.

“Sgettis, wats dat?” One of them asked. Amy gasped, “I thought every fluffy knew about skettis!” She saw Sunshine licking her lips looking at the plates in her hands. “Your mommy didn’t tell you about skettis? They are only the bestest nummiest foods ever and only human mommies and daddies have them and can give them to fluffies!” She looked down sternly at their mother then lowered the plates.

The reminder that spaghetti was a manmade product was recommended in all fluffy training guides as it helped cut down on runaways. It also made it easier for people to find lost fluffies when they inevitably went up to strangers to beg for spaghetti. Legends of spaghetti even spread quickly among ferals, which made Amy more confused that this litter didn’t know what they were.

Sunshine immediately dived at her plate and scarfed it down immediately. The foals dived in, two to a plate, and ate hungrily as the first bite got them hooked. Amy walked away. They looked up at their mummah and one asked “Why mummah nuu tew bebbehs ‘bowt sgettis?” Sunshine looked at her foals as they made the world’s most adorable frowns at her. “Bebbehs nuu undastawn! Hoomins am meanies! Dey tew mummah nuu bebbehs an take ‘way mummahs tummeh bebbehs! Suwnshiwn nee’ bebbehs fow huggies and wub!”

Any came back with a phone in her hand, “I just spoke to your mommy, Sunshine. She’s coming here to pick you up. You’ve been a bad fluffy; running away like that. Goodness gracious!” Sunshine covered her face with her hooves. “Nuu! Suwnshiwn am guwd! Nuu sowwy stiwk pwease!” Amy frowned at the fluffy’s words. She didn’t approve of sorry sticks, but Sunshine wasn’t hers to discipline. “No sorry stick from me.” She looked down at the foals. “If you need to take a nap, I am going to put a soft blankie right there for you to lay on” she pointed just inside the sliding door, “but please only make poopies and pees on the grass out here, ok?” The foals all nodded in agreement at the nice lady.

Sometime later, after the foals had had their fill of play, they made a fluffpile on the blanket Misses Amy had laid out for them. They were awoken by the sound of the front door opening and high heels clicking on the tile floor. “How long did she keep me worried. Two months! And in the dead of winter! I thought she had frozen to death.” They saw a woman with fake blonde hair up in an elaborate hairstyle with a zebra print pencil dress.

She set a pink box on the ground and stepped out the sliding door to the patio. “Sunshine, time to come home with mommy!” Amy walked along just behind her. Sunshine did not come running to greet her owner and she knew heels would not be conducive to her yard. She walked out and fished the yellow mare out from behind a large flowerpot and carried her to the patio. “Nyuu! Sabe Suwnshiwn an babbehs!” She held the mare out for the president of the HOA, Mrs. Taylor.

“Oh, thank you so much! You’ve been such a bad girl.” She turned her attention to and began to force the noncooperative fluffy into her carry case. “Nuu! nuu sowwy bawks! Wewe bebbehs!? Suwnshiwne nee bebbehs!” The foals all began to gather and watch the scene. “What about the foals? Sunshine looks like she’s attached to them.” Misses Amy asked. “Oh, do whatever with them.” Amy smirked at this, but Mrs Taylor wasn’t paying attention.

”Oh, and before I forget…” She dug out her wallet from her purse and pulled out a hundred-dollar bill. “The reward.” Amy looked at the large bill, “Oh that’s fine, I don’t nee-” a raised finger from Mrs Taylor to Amy’s mouth stopped her, she fished out another twenty. “And gas to drop those things at a shelter.” Circling her other hand to gesture at the litter of foals gathered at her feet.

Amy begrudgingly accepted the money as it was forced into her hands. She told the foals to wait outside for more spaghetti and they all ran into the yard. She shut the sliding door behind them and helped Mrs. Taylor out the front door with her designer fluffy carrier. “Thank you again so much!” Amy waved at her trying to get the woman out of her house now “Anytime!”

She shut the door behind her and turned back to the kitchen as Sunshine screamed from the pet carrier for her babies and more skettis.

Amy grabbed another can and prepared three plates. She walked outside placing them on the ground for the foals. “Wewe mummah!” They gray one asked. “She went back to live with her mommy.” Amy told them all. “Buh wuh bowt babbehs? Babbehs nee mummah!” The orange one chirped. “I’ll be your mommy now!”

“Weawwy!? Suu ‘cited! Nuu mummah!” The swarm of fluff in front of her chirped. “Mummah gib bebbeh’s namesies?” The blue one asked. “Of course, but let’s wait for my husband to come home so we can decide together.” They all ate their skettis as they waited, Miss Amy ate the last bit of spaghetti-os in the can with her new fluffies.

← Previous - Next →

4 Likes

Can we see what happens to Sunshine?

2 Likes