Tato's Bad Day -Theme Week (Vanner)

Still working that whole “Digital art” thing, but I was struck with an idea earlier and had to draw it.

Community theme Link

34 Likes

D’oh! Poow widdwe spud!

9 Likes

I thought someone had just stopped part way through scrubbing.

3 Likes

Poor Tato.

Now I have the mental image of someone burying pillowed foals in underground pockets, with food and water, and left to grow until harvested. Why?..no clue.

5 Likes

You think people waste the leg’s when they pillow fluffies?

Nah you plant those.

5 Likes

What do you think the food they are given is?

2 Likes

Absorbed from the soil via osmosis.

2 Likes

Maybe the underground pockets they are stored in are near the roots of plants. Direct fertilizer.

2 Likes

Plant fluffies fertilized by the waste of regular fluffies. It’s a circle of life. A gross circle.

It’d actually be horrifying to plant potato fluffies because you can make new potatoes by cutting out the eyes of the potato and planting them. Not it’s seeing eyes, the potato eyes, though who knows with fluffies.

4 Likes

Cute :heart:
don’t forget to add a link to the community post for the theme.
makes keeping track of entries easier.

2 Likes

I am imagining the Irish farmers deep into the Irish famine coming into the fields to find these fluffies.

They either ends their lives quickly or get so frustrated they start abusing them

4 Likes

Food is food when you are starving.

2 Likes

The next part of this writes itself!

7 Likes

potato blight

Well, shit. Nothing to do for that once the infection takes hold, except to cut off everything above soil level and burn it.

Into the incinerator you little shit.

1 Like

I’m actually considering a circle of life for them. One idea is an unspoken understanding that “fluffies eat garden fluffies, but garden fluffies get the dead fluffies.” Also considering some garden fluffies (usually those with fruit since the seeds are inside) actually WANT to be eating because that’s how their babies (seeds) get spread around. The fruit isn’t the /real/ garden fluff, but rather an expression of it. The seeds aren’t fully digested, move away from the main plant, and get a ton of grade-A fertilizer to boot.

There’s an old web comic called Beaver and Steve where Steve (a little dinosaur) get stalked by a Turnip who demands to be eaten. Steve hates veggies, so no, he will not eat the Turnip.

3 Likes

Oooooh I’ve fallen in love with the good pillow Tato

2 Likes

You would imagine pullin it out for harvest and sounds of “screeeee!” Start bombarding in your ears.

Clean it then chop the head part off :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Mashed potatoes anyone!

1 Like

Damn it! Now I want some fries.

3 Likes