Teaching the Bad Mummah Manners, Chapter 2: Misbehavior and Embarrassing Consequences (Star-The-Alicorn)

The mare cooed as she trotted in through the front door, astounded at how nice a human house looked. It was obvious she’d never been inside one before. Quinn smiled. This mare was a bit of a bitch, but it was still cute to see her wander around the living room and gape at the decor.

“Such a pwetty housie! Mummah an’ babbehs get to wive hewe?” She asked, her eyes glittering in wonder.

“Yep! But if you’re gonna live here, you all need some names.” Quinn said as he sat down on the couch.

“Namesies? Chirp!” The ocean blue foal asked.

“Yes, namesis!” Quinn answered with a laugh. “Let’s see…” He gazed at the orange mare and pointed at her. “You. Your name is Tidepod!” Her colors reminded him of the cleaning supply.

“Mummah name am Tidepod? Wuv nyu name!” She danced around her foals, being careful not to accidentally step on them.

“You, my tiny tan friend, are named PB&J!” Quinn announced, scratching the tan foal behind the ear with a finger. The newly named foal gasped in awe and reared up on its hind legs to give a little whinny.

“Hmmm… You’re named Aqua. And the little purple one is named Plum!” Quinn watched the 3 foals tumble and play, celebrating their names.

He gazed over at the dark blue earthie. “Come here, little one. I have a name for you too.” The foal’s eyes sparkled as he stepped forward.

“Namesies fow nu-wuv babbeh? Why? Mummah nu wuv babbeh, why shouwd yoo?” Tidepod asked, clearly annoyed.

“Because all babies are good babies, Tidepod. Just because you don’t love him doesn’t mean I can’t.” Quinn said gently as the least favorite foal of hers stepped onto his hand again. He gently booped the foal’s nose. “And you, little cutie, are Night.” Night’s eyes widened, and tears of joy gathered in the foal’s eyes. Quinn smiled and set the baby back down onto the floor.

“Hmph. Dummeh wowstest babbeh.” Tidepod mumbled.

I heard that…” Quinn thought to himself. He snapped his fingers, getting everyone’s attention. “Alright everyone! Now that you all have names, it’s time for me to explain the rules of the house!” He announced.

The fluffies trotted over and sat in front of him as if he was going to tell a story. “Rule 1: If you need to go, use the newspaper in there.” He pointed to the bathroom. “I’ll get you all a proper litter box soon.”

He held up two fingers. “Rule 2: If you want something, ask nicely with a ‘please’ and a ‘thank you’. No demanding; It’s not nice.” He glanced down at Tidepod. She was sulking. Looks like she didn’t like having to follow rules.

“Rule 3: No fighting. Be nice to each other. If someone’s playing with a toy you want, don’t get mad at them. Ask them to share. If they want to play by themselves, go find another toy to play with. No hoarding all the food or milk either. Share. Got it?” The foals nodded, but Tidepod stuck her lower lip out in a pout.

Quinn gently picked Tidepod up under her front legs and lifted her onto his lap. “There’s a special rule for you, Tidepod.” He petted her mane. “I need you to treat all your babies nicely, okay? That means let Night have milk when he’s hungry, don’t call your babies names or hit them. Remember, all babies are good babies. Understand, little one?” Quinn scratched her behind the ears, and Tidepod cooed.

“Fine. Tidepod be nice to wows- to babbeh.” She sighed.

“That’s a good girl.” He patted her on the head and set her back down on the ground. “Just to make sure, I’ll need you to feed Night for me right now, please. He looks like he hasn’t eaten in forever.” He patted her on the back in encouragement.

“But- But nu wuv dat babbeh!” She whined. “Can’t yoo feed dat babbeh instead?”

Quinn shook his head. “No, Tidepod. You need to be a good mother to all your babies, not just 3 of them. Only bad mummahs starve their children when there’s enough to feed them.”

“Nuuuu!” She stomped a hoof, pouting. “Nu wanna!”

Quinn knew she was going to have a temper tantrum. He’d seen his fair share of angry toddlers at his job at the toy store. But if she was going to learn, he had to stand his ground, even if she cried. It was only fair to Night.

“Tidepod, feed your dark blue baby. This is the last time I’m telling you.”

“Su yoo nu ask again? GOOD! MUMMAH NU FEED BABBEH! WOWSTES BABBEH CAN GO FOWEVAH SWEEPIES FOW AWW MUMMAH CAWE!” She shouted. She stomped her hooves, screamed and yowled. Quinn did his best not to flinch at the noise.

“Alright, I warned you.” He scooped her up and walked towards a room at the back of his house.

Tidepod stiffened in his arms, suddenly terrified. Was he going to cut her leggies off? Throw her back out on the street? Take her see places so she couldn’t see what foal she was feeding? She practically convulsed from how hard she shivered.

He plopped her down in a corner in his bedroom, making her brain buffer. Tidepod blinked, confused at the lack of violence. “Time out. You can come back out when I think you’re ready to behave.” Quinn told her sternly. He stepped back and sat down on the bed. The 4 foals silently padded into the room.

“Nyu daddeh, what am mummah doin-”

“Shhhh… Tidepod is having quiet time. She lost her temper, so I’m waiting til she feels more calm.” He told the foals.

Tidepod seethed in the corner. Time out, right in front of her foals! How embarrassing! It was better than being thrown back out on the street, though. She’d take it. Her babies stayed silent, sitting down in the doorway and waiting patiently.

5 minutes in, and Tidepod had stopped muttering angrily to herself. 7 minutes in, and her muscles relaxed. She sat down, ears drooping. 10 minutes in, and she started to sniffle, the embarrassment of her situation finally making it past the waning anger. 12 minutes in, and she began to sob.

“Huu, huuu… Tidepod wiww feed babbeh, su pwease wet mummah out!” She pleaded.

“3 more minutes. I need to make sure you really understand what happens when you decide not to treat your babies equally.” Quinn answered.

“Huuu…” She discreetly tried to wipe her tears away.

Aw, Tidepod…” Quinn thought.

Once the 3 minutes were up, Quinn kneeled on the floor. “Ok, timeout all done. Come here, sweetie.” The pegasus turned around, tears running down her fluffy cheeks, and leapt into Quinn’s arms, sobbing. He hugged her softly.

“Huu huuu, am sowwy! Sowwy fow bein’ a meanie!” She hiccuped, hiding her face in his shoulder.

“It’s all over now little one, I forgive you.” Quinn cooed. “I still love you Tidepod.”

Tidepod pulled back from his now-wet shoulder, sniffling. “Daddeh… S-Stiww wuv Tidepod?”

“Yes. I love you and all your babies. Are you ready to be a good girl and feed Night?”

Tidepod nodded, sighing. “Yus. Tidepod feed wowste- feed babbeh.”

“Good girl.”

First/previous chapter: Chapter 1

Next chapter: Here

45 Likes

toy store worker

No wonder Quinn got the patience of a saint lol, i like how this story is going :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Thanks! Quinn usually deals with fluffies how people deal with children, with some exceptions.

6 Likes

Better than I’ve seen some people deal with children, for that matter

8 Likes

Aw man what timing, I listen to some music come back to FC and the story I had just read has a new chapter. Perfect timing!

2 Likes

Hope it works i would still be cautious bout tidepod but damn how she went on a shitty tantrum, would have smack her face trice and throw her out by this time.

Hope she will make progress and her foals, hopin not follow her whitty footsteps.

3 Likes

Hmm this is intriguing. Quite unique on the punishment never thought of a simple time out would be effective. I would like to see where this is going. Well done!

3 Likes

I really do love his approach although I’m not sure I’d have the patience. Installing a hidden camera would probably be a good idea for the future just in case. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

~me finishes the first chapter. See’s this comment and moves on to second.~

1 Like

Fluffy brain go burr

1 Like