The Fundamental Issue with Cannibal Fluffies

Well, the original idea of Cannibal fluffies is that they are the result of a rare mutation not a deliberate creation. I always view them as the fluffy version of psychopathic serial killers, and when I say psychopath I mean in the literal term. So then the reason there aren’t swarms of cannibal fluffies is the same reason there aren’t armies of serial killers.

To further explain why we wouldn’t have to worry much about them overpopulating and causing ecological issues is that, in addition to the rareness of the mutation, their desire to eat fluffies is more of a compulsion rather than a biological need like a herbivore eating plants. So if they do get the urge to breed, they will be just as likely to kill and eat their fluffy mate and offspring as they would be to try and form a herd with them. Now, I would imagine if they were to find and mate with another cannibal fluffy they would be less inclined to eat to eat them, though probably would if they were hungry enough given their psychopathic nature. So, all this would lead to their numbers in the wild being incredibly low .

Now, Hunting Friends on the other hand were created purposefully; well they were initially made on accident but then they were produced and sold on purpose. The thing with Hunting Friends is that they weren’t made for people that wanted “cooler” fluffies that could also help them kill other fluffies. As a result they are more like hunting dogs rather than a means of population control you just release into the wild to hunt without over-site.

2 Likes

I meant in terms of finances.

Frozen FIAC can last more than one week in the machine, and need cheaper containers. They may actually turn a profit.

2 Likes

Wasn’t Scootaloo the first version? With the swirly eyes?

They were made on purpose I thought.

1 Like

Yeah, I know what you meant, cool as Häagen-Dazs. But I was just pointing out that, despite my opinion on FIAC, not all of those foals are short-lived pet store rejects.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’ve got to agree there. If you really knew what was in their food, and was completely uncomfortable about feeding them other fluffies, you just wouldn’t do it.
Ignorance is bliss as they say, whether they that’s wilful or not.
I’ve always thought that the truly dedicated would make sure their fluffy was fed only the most appropriate food and avoiding stuff that was bad for them or was high in fibre etc

Oh yeah……I definitely see what you mean about Chaos and Fluffies. I literally have a tamagotchi mass burial somewhere in my old room. I was a bad owner

2 Likes

Scootaloo wasn’t the first, at least not as far as I know, but it did popularize it. I also use that as the series bible for cannibal fluffies. Based on that story, they were an accident created by a mutation that the scientists thought would die out from the gene-pool which was why the scientist was so surprised to see one in the wild.

3 Likes

Weirdly enough, I have a story called The Cecotropic Diet in which an owner begins to feed her fluffy with faeces after reading about it online and that fluffies have rabbit genes and can healthily eat their own poo.
Fermenting that crap sounds disturbing and I have IBS

2 Likes

@Captain_Emo - IRC, and I can’t check right now: fermenting whole plant foods as a form of pre-digestion is the ideal first stem, then as a cost-saving measure you can have them eat pasturized poop (dealing with bacteria, parasites, whatever). The idea of fluffies eating poop to survive (willing or not) is pretty well established, and I did note other animals as inspiration.

It was an industrial themed piece.

IIRC meat is supposed to be hard to digest, so if you went that route for fluffy kibble being easy to digest because its fluffy you’d need to combine with another idea like “fluffies rot really fast.”

1 Like

Shit, they rereleased the retro Tamagotchis. They even made a Pac-Man Tamagotchi.

A Fluffy Tamagotchi would be the absolute fucking shit. Full on “SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!”

2 Likes

Honestly, if they made Fluffy Tamagotchis I would go poorer quicker than I normally do in the middle of the month.
Id be an attentive owner until they began huffing for Sketties

3 Likes

Here: Excerpts from Assisted Fluffy Digestion (by Chikahiro)

Got a link to yours? That sounsd interesting.

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, fluffies and Tamagotchis is a neat idea. Y’know, seeing how fluffies react to Tamagotchis.

Ooh, or maybe a fluffy getting a Foalagotchi.

2 Likes

Too lazy to read all this, somebody summarize

2 Likes

Here it is for you to check out :slight_smile: it’s not exactly Hugbox and I had this idea that people who see poor diet ideas would be likely to inflict it on fluffies

2 Likes

TLDR: some of us think fluffy cannibalism is good, some of us think it’s bad.

Sorry this keeps happening. I think I might just take a break from commenting altogether.

3 Likes

If cows knew they were so delicious they’d ask for bbq brisket too.

3 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t care if my tamagotchi asked me for Huggies and Milkies in public they’re getting it as I’d be the best owner I could be, it’s such an amazing idea.
I can imagine a fluffy would really believe that it’s a tiny animal inside.

3 Likes

They’re only Foals for like a couple of weeks, and in the standard version they die in one week either because they starve, are removed from the machine and culled, or a blade in the can severs their spine.

That, and the cost of production, is what keeps them from being profitable in any way at like$0.25 to $5.

The vending machines in Japan that sell live puppies and kittens cost $100 on average, and are a short distance from the animal shelter they come from and rotate back into if unsold. Said shelter is subsidized by the government and donations, not exactly a megacorporation profit scheme.

3 Likes

Most animals will conduct cannibalism to varying degrees.

I think elephants and humans are extreme outliers.

1 Like

*pops in to check notifications *
*there’s yet another ridiculously extensive debate in the comments *

what the heck

4 Likes