The Pack (16) Week 10 Tuesday (Shadowfox)

Tuesday-
I actually got to sleep most of last night, by benefit of pouring enough formula into Pepper’s foals to make sure she’d have enough and adding the bottle baby to her burdens for the night. Actual fluffy milk can only be to his benefit anyways, and she’s getting to the point she doesn’t need Marnie to help when the babies are all sleeping between feedings. Yay, sleep.

The Pack are all still doing well enough. Aurora is still sulking about no longer having anyone “play princess” with her, since Glory is still upset about the idea and avoiding her, and she hasn’t corralled her fucking ego enough to ask Foxfire to play with her instead. Foxfire is having entirely too much fun with Marnie doing everything she asks to ask to join that game again without prompting. And Rook is playing his own quiet little games when he isn’t trying to wheedle his way into being with me instead.

Ten more former “ferals” were delivered today. I say it like that because this time, two of them actually popped on the shelter website’s missing list, one of which was chipped, both of which had rewards posted.

Pity, she was a nearly perfect Sweetiebell under the mud and filth, would have been interesting. The good will from the local fluffy enthusiasts and general community is worth it right now, though. The cash rewards were also decent when I handed her and the dapple Shire over to their owner all cleaned up, but I called the guy who delivered them and had words anyways. Asher apologized for the mistake and offered a free shipment later this week for my trouble, after I pointed out that he could get the rewards if he checked for chips. He’s not a bad guy, just got a little careless. I wouldn’t even care so much if it wasn’t for the chances of blowback if I kept someone’s missing beloved pet or prize show fluff for breeding or worse, the footage of them being eaten ended up on the web. (Btw, Asher also offered another shipment free if I agreed to dinner and drinks. So, Dave, I’ll need someone to cover next Saturday night.)

That said, I pulled three decent possibilities out of the remaining eight, checked for any obvious pregnancies (surprisingly, none), and dumped the rest in the outdoor pen with the leftovers. Two new mares, one new stallion, bringing that side of the breeding to five and three, seven and three if I keep the surrogates as breeders after the implanted demonfluff litters are born.

I’ll set up another video tonight. I’m debating whether to limit the number of feederfluffs the pack is dealing with at once. The three fighting back last time did a bit more damage than I was happy about, but the pack wasn’t used to hunting like that. With how much bigger most of them are than the ferals Asher brings us, it’s hard to remember the Demonfluffs are all still young. Still at least two weeks from breeding age, possibly two or three months from full maturity, and the next two litters of potential breeding partners aren’t even born yet. I know the larger fights are what the target audience is asking for, but I’m not sure the Pack is ready for that yet.

The best plan I have right now is seeing if I can get the boys to try breeding standard fluffy mares in a few weeks when potential interest starts. Might have to get Katy’s help in setting up a method of artificial insemination if that runs into issues. Bill’s last set of notes suggests even he isn’t sure whether they’d be crossfertile at the best of times, with a better than fifty fifty chance that any resulting offspring would essentially be mules. Still worth the experiment. I don’t really want to risk the girls with pregnancies so early. Aurora might be fine, since she’s maturing slightly faster as well as being substantially bigger than the others, but Foxfire will absolutely not be ready to carry a litter yet. Might wait until Katy is certain she’s hit her full growth.

So somewhere between two and eight months until the first bred litters (as compared to the gene modded test tube embryos Bill sciences up in a lab) are born, a month past that until weaning, and then we’ll have sale product of the Demonfluffs. Probably between Halloween and X-mas. Until then, it’s whatever we can get out of the feederstock breeding and possibly running daycare services. I’m already trying to lay groundwork on setting up to sell the better foals when they’re weaned. And working out a set of pairings for the next set.

Per Katy and her lessons on Fluffy anatomy, they share both the gestation period and reproductive cycle with rabbits. Ovulation occurs with breeding and they can get pregnant again as soon as they whelp. If I breed the current dams in two weeks, that means they’ll have two weeks off nursing before the next litter whelps. The two mares I pulled from this batch weren’t pregnant or with foals at heel, at least not when they got here, so I’ll get them bred tomorrow when I have time. If I keep the pattern, we’ll have foals every two weeks in a continuing cycle. Any that don’t sell soon enough after weaning can just move into the feeder herd. Dams will go in the larger cages, studs and any that need isolating in the smaller wall cages. Extra large litters or dams good enough to use as foster mothers for others can stay in the runs. One month to whelp, another to wean.

Jake already managed to name the newest stud. Black earthy with this bright reddish magenta mane. “Hey, Randy, check out Hot Topic here!” “Squee! Ho’ topi’ wub nyu namsies!” “Oh, fuck, sorry Shadow!”

To be fair, I was debating writing Spencers on his cage tag. So our current three studs are Bubblegum, Taffy, and Hot Topic. Bubblegum is a pegasus the dusty rose/pink color of Double Bubble, with a white mane, Taffy is a magenta unicorn with this blue/ almost purplish maybe periwinkle mane and tail.

little shorter than the last, but no good place to end it reasonably with the next bit.
First Chapter- The Pack- because what we need is more fluffies bred to eat other fluffies. (1) by :Shadowfox
Previous Chapter-The Pack (15) week 10 log, Monday. (Shadowfox)
Next Chapter- The Pack (17) Week ten feeding footage (ShadowFox)

10 Likes