The Pack (18) week 10 aftermath (Shadowfox)

Log- week 10 end.
Well, I hope your people like that footage, Dave. Glory bit his tongue pretty bad- gel helped, but thats gonna be sore for a while, as will the bruise under his jaw. Might have a bit of a concussion. Rook chipped one of his canine teeth, bruised his nose and strained one of his forelegs pretty well. Aurora has a black eye currently swelling and inflammation to her left fore hoof and ankle thing pastern. Foxfire is the one who is worrying me. Already knew those bat wings were a lot more fragile than the feathered ones, but… Had to actually call Katy in for that break. She’s splinted and sedated in a run with Marnie to keep her out of trouble for tonight. Bruises and abrasions to her belly, and… She’s not happy, even with the pain accounted for. Fox is by far the most, well “fluffy” of the Pack. Wants everyone to be her friend, eternal optimist. She can fight, but… she’s at double disadvantage against the more aggressive ferals Asher brings in. She’s smaller than most of them, and she has to be pushed into wanting to fight. She’s out until that wing heals regardless, but… might keep her out of the vid fights for a while longer.

I told you there were temperament issues. She’ll be fine eating out of a bowl until she hits maturity and we can try to work out breeding, we’ll see if her offspring share the issue. If she’s cross fertile with anything else I have or Bill sent me at all.

Pepper is still doing her best with her litter and the walnut alicorn. Seems a little frazzled, but on top of things. Her ‘munsta babbeh stiww babbeh!’ spiel took a little bit of a hit when Foxfire was moved into the run next to hers, but Marnie smoothed things over with a tentative “Dis munsta nice munsta. Fwiend tu Mawnie.” She’s mediating, hesitant and timidly, but mediating. Helps Foxfire is too sedated to pull her usual level of enthusiasm. They might well become through the chainlink friends. Gave each of them a foam ball to push around, they’re all happy.
Both the surrogates dragged themselves to the barrier between their runs and have been ignoring everyone else. Lots of babble and chatter as they watch the TV. Both of them are swollen to near immobility, but as long as they can get to food and water I’m going to overlook the mess on the floor. Floors are meant for easy hose down anyways. Beds were taken in favor of rubberized foam pads. Once the babies open their eyes, we’ll move them over to the pen in the playroom.

Cotton candy and Margarita are managing with their little litters. I’ve decided the foals are going to be moved to a playpen in the office when they’re weaned, even if I already have a couple ads out about soon to be available foals. Anyone who wants them earlier can do so by appointment. I’m not planning on selling until at least 2 weeks so we have open eyes and visible mane/tails, and Pepper’s are staying until at least 4. She’ll be well into pregnancy with the second litter by then, should make things easier.

Asher dropped off the next delivery. The mated pair with the white/ grey stallion and the white/ orange mare I kept out, she’s due in a couple weeks. Also kept a decent pink mare out. Well, decent colored. The whining about her lost foals is going to tick me off fast. The foals Asher and his dogs corral go straight to the local Fluffmart bins, so they’re a little better off than any that end up with us or his other regulars, she should be grateful. Meh.
Shut her and Hot topic in room B, let him give her more foals. Maybe it will shut her up. Taffy finally stopped muttering about wanting “Speciw fwiend Cott’n Candy” back when I put him in with the grey and blue mare from the last shipment. Their colors should work well enough together, we’ll see what we get.

And, Kal? Thank you ever so for fluffy sitting on Saturday night. It went quite well for a first date, I don’t know why George is giving me so much heck for the idea. Applebees isn’t that bad when I haven’t gotten out at all recently.

Oh, and Jacob needs to massively cut hours until he gets his school work caught back up. He
recommended another of his classmates to pick up the slack, she’s coming by for an interview next week. There is just enough wiggle room in that part of the budget to add in another part timer if she stays under 20 hours a week, plus the hours Jake is giving up for a while. (Plus whatever shifts I pull off Randy for showing up hours late and barely doing shit. Beware, Randy!)

First Chapter-The Pack- because what we need is more fluffies bred to eat other fluffies. (1) by :Shadowfox
Previous Chapter- The Pack (17) Week ten feeding footage (ShadowFox)
Next Chapter- The Pack (19) Week 11 - a brief interlude (Shadowfox)

10 Likes

Foxfire really isn’t fit for hunting. Perhaps with proper training she could be a friend/guard for domestic fluffies

3 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

pretty much. Foxfire is a sweetheart, and enthusiastic, but a ruthless killer she will never be.

1 Like

I wonder how they’d fare against the rare cannibalistic mutation. Probably best to work their way towards it, theat would be the true test of their mettle

1 Like

That is a question. Whether they would recognize the cannibal as a fellow hunter or mistake them for prey. And how badly it might go. Cannibals
are traditionally a teeny bit sturdier than normal, but these aren’t as far beyond normal as they seem to think sometimes.

2 Likes

Fighting cannibals would surely be a problem. They are aggressive and are used to attacking fluffies to kill. At least as of right now, demonfluffs are not skilled enough. I can see them winning 4v2 with bad injuries and possibly Foxfire ending up with a permanent trauma. A 4v3 might be a barely-won fight and a 4v4 is their loss

1 Like

yeah. in their defense right now, they are young. they are still nearly two weeks from the earliest breeding age - barring any chemical/ hormonal assistance. The boys might become more of a cohesive fighting force with practice.

1 Like

For sure, they have great potential. If Aurora were to get over her ego, that would contribute a LOT too

1 Like

It would, wouldn’t it?

1 Like