The Pack (22) Log notes, Week 11- calm before the storm(Shadowfox)

Week eleven- 22- Tuesday/ Wednesday / Thursday.

Busy week. Ignore the whinging from the exam room when I have to stick my head in there, keep track of all the new foals, Interview potential new part timer.

Jacob’s little school friend,Genevieve is… barely a couple shades under what Dave thought I was. She’s…uh… eager? So ridiculously excited at the idea of getting a job “working with Fluffies!” Her parents won’t let her have one, but she’s saving up to get one the moment she’s out on her own. She has done volunteer hours at the shelter across town, but was applying for a job at Fluffmart for paid employment before Jake told her about his job. (Something about this involving more baby fluffies and less Karens.) I’m willing to give her a trial run and dump her into scut work in the kennels. I’ll just keep her scheduled set so she doesn’t work when the Pack is hunting until I’m certain how much of that side she can tolerate. (Dave, emailing me the single word SUS does nothing for our professional or familial relationships. I might not be her level of hugboxer, but I’m not about to join any of your Forums. Especially not that one with the neon background.)
Katy just ended up crashing in my room while I dealt with morning stuff. I think the littlest new foal is settling in, even if she is still the runt of the litter. She’s nursing, she’s managing. Sunshine is doing well enough. Doesn’t really seem attached to her litter- no ‘mummah songs’, no protective hovering- but she’s feeding them. Seems confused about the fact they are hers at all. She’s actually the best around itty bittiest and the other two yellowish ones, maybe because they’re closest to the same color she is?
Pepper, on the other hand, is near bouncing around now, all “Babbehs, babbehs, babbehs!” Her foals have all opened their eyes, now, and I can just about make out tail colors from the fuzz growing in. She did spend a moment extra cooing over the little red pegasus colt when she noticed the green of his tail, something about “wook wike speciaw fwiend Howwy”, before she looked sad and then went back to fussing over all of them. The teal colt is getting a nicely complimentary pale green mane, the yellow unicorn filly has a pretty red, and the little red and orange unicorns just look like color swapped versions of each other. The really dark red earthy has a light grey tail. That mustard colored earthie, on the other hand, now has a bright purple mane- somebody’s probably moving outside in a month or so. The walnut alicorn colt is getting what looks like a really nice shade of teal- looks amazing against his coat, actually, nearly matches his eyes. And Pepper is still looking after him and the grey like they were her own. She’s also singing at the foals in the next run, since their mummah isn’t—I just had an idea, considering I already need to run constant monitoring…
Alright. Pepper is in with Sunshine, there’s more than enough room in the run. Put down a bigger mat for them and the foals. Pepper immediately started cuddling and making friends with Sunshine- who perked up at the contact and hugs- and then proceeded to pick up and groom every one of the foals. Singing off tune the entire time. Within an hour our curly mopped offbrand yellow and pink pegasus was occasionally humming in the direction of her litter. Success! Possibly. At any rate I don’t have to worry about the itty bittys getting shorted on maternal affection. She might only be feeding her…9, now? But Pepper is really getting into her swing with this whole mothering thing. Taken the “all babbeh are good babbeh” shit to heart, and added a great deal of ‘the more the merrier’ to it.
I kind of want either like five of her or to find a way to just put her in charge of all the foals. But even with the better food, feeding more than ten is probably out of reach. Thoughts to ponder…(okay, I know there is a solution to that. When I find the right candidates.)
At any rate, I went in for broke and ever so carefully put Myra on the pad with them. She’s a very happy soon- mummah now, with Pepper distributing love and huggies to her and all in her reach.
Pepper running away from home to get babbehs was a really stupid idea, but. (A) She seems to have learned a bunch of lessons about how horrible outside is for fluffies and babbehs. (B) Wherever she got her idea of mothering from, she is good at it. (C) Her last owner’s loss, my gain, it seems. Hope he has a new, better behaved fluffy and isn’t letting them watch ‘Babbehs.’
Bwaha. Three happier mares, two of which will probably be nagged and shamed into taking better care of their litters over the following weeks. Only one run that needs to be cleaned out around foals! Slightly more work feeding them separately, but eh. I’m still planning on moving the demonfluff litters out to the pen in the playroom once their eyes are open. We’ll see where everyone else is and work out details then.

Katy had just gotten back with takeout to give the ittybittys one more look over before she went home when Myra started labor. Pepper and Sunny were both cheerleading on this, which improved Myra’s morale, if nothing else. We got five living foals out of this again, three stillbirths. I thought for a moment the little almost Luna colored bat winged alicorn was going to make it, but no luck. The two clawed foals from this litter were also born dead and under developed. One of them had what looked like scales down the back, that longer tail nub, and two horn stubs- Katy said Bill was watching one of the later MLP seasons again and mentioned trying for Kirin. (Clearly with great success. /s)
Going off what Katy says and her brother Bill’s copious notes and emails about these and the previous litters, there seems to be a real issue with whatever slice of dna being used to splice claws into the mess that is fluffies, and a slightly lesser issue with the bat wings. We did manage another living bat winged pegasus in this litter, which both of the Gregories are thrilled with. Little midnight blue, bat winged pegasus, plus three alicorns- red, black and pale blue- all with the same longer tail stub the last foal, a black unicorn, has. All five of them seem to be doing well and are adorable. They have the same rubbery covered hooves that the other litter did, which seems to be the precursor to something similar to the cloven hooves Glory and Rook have. Bill’s fancy talk aside, I’m really interested to see if the high percentage of Alicorns remains a thing when they’re breeding naturally and not directly out of test tubes with made to order DNA. (Bill, I know that’s a massive simplification and “inaccurate to the full process”. I don’t actually need the full explanation of the process again. You keep your records and I’ll keep mine.)
So fourteen! I now have fourteen demonfluffs to look after. Ten of which are so damn cute- Fine. Eleven of them are so damn cute, counting the one half asleep and near purring at my feet. I moved one of the actual fluff beds under my desk for him.

It’s been alright. Luring out feeder fluffies from the pen is probably going to be trickier this week- Not sure about the most recent additions, but there are still those few from the first week that are very aware of what happens out in the playyard. I’ve got an idea that should work well enough. I’ll get that typed up and this log finished after I get the boys fed properly.

Edit right before log post- evening
There is going to be a damn reckoning for this, guys. I’m serious. Hanging up on me and ghosting my calls will do you no good against my wrath. I know where every single one of you lives.**

First Chapter - The Pack- because what we need is more fluffies bred to eat other fluffies. (1) by :Shadowfox
Previous Chapter- The Pack- (21) Week 11. A special footage post by George and Kal.-
Next Chapter- The Pack- (23) Shadow's week 11 footage, part one (Shadowfox)

12 Likes

ice cream

2 Likes

That edit gives me strong angry mummuh shadow vibes

2 Likes

Ha ha ha- yeah those guys are going to regret this. I see they’re all trying to run and hide, forgetting a-Shadow knows where they live and b-Shadow also controls their work hours and even lives there now, so they’d have to quit AND move out of town to try to avoid her wrath.

For a pair of abusers, they are especially dumb.

2 Likes

man those guys just were not smart in general
guessing that they were the “smash it with a hammer” type of abuser rather than the clever psychological ones

1 Like

I am the storm that is approaching Provoking Black clouds in isolation I am reclaimer of my name Born in flames I have been blessed My family crest is a demon of death! Forsakened, I am awakened A phoenix's ash in dark divine Descending misery Destiny chasing time

By the way, great fucking story. Holy shit, the writing and plot also the world building is good as heaven!
1 Like