Tuft and Family ( By: MossyFluff )

Theme Week Submission

“Almost in response to the miniature Bonsai Fluffs breeders of larger sized Garden Fluffies started to create their own trend in a similar vein. Creating living tableauxs onto their backs owners tended and added onto the already pain resistant breed. This created the happy and wildly viral combination as shown above. Tuft’s owner happened to also own a small family of microfluffs and had the brilliant idea of having them be a permanent fixture onto his back. Even more endearingly Tuft seems to have been “adopted” into said family and is incredibly loving and (more importantly) careful with them. While many other similar owners have tried this with mixed results Tuft and his family remain the poster child of this new movement.”

• An excerpt from “Garden Fluff Fancy”

Luckily I came back from my self imposed break to this mini theme week so of course I had to jump on it. Wanting to experiment more and also pay tribute to the Garden Fluffies originator, KMEB, I tried to synthesize their style with my own. I also added collage elements along with my now usual watercolors. I’m not crazy about the font but I know my own handwriting is atrocious and barely readable so I had to make do.

Also added below are some process photos so enjoy!

49 Likes

7 Likes

Add a link to the mini-theme post. It will be easier to track your submission

5 Likes

8 Likes

Squee? Squeee! I love it! The mixed media approach makes this a real special treat :slight_smile:

4 Likes

aww this is cute your fluffies are just so adorable and the white around the watercolor is the best part

2 Likes

Excellent work as always, very beautifully done

2 Likes

Thanks! I try to always make it pop as I know my amateur coloring can always make it muddy.

2 Likes

Much thanks. I think the break did me a world of good.

5 Likes

don’t worry you’ll get better at it

2 Likes

Thank you! I was actually directly influenced by your great Hipolyta and Napolean comics.

3 Likes

Oh dear, I hope I haven’t cost you any brain cells! I tag those “wall bitingly stupid” as a goal…

3 Likes

Those brain cells were well spent I’ll tell you.

4 Likes

love it :heart:

2 Likes

For a second I thought it was a big fluffy with regular sized fluffies on his back.

Then I thought, you can go bigger.

3 Likes

Its really beautiful in your style :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Much thanks :heart:

2 Likes

The idea definitely came into my head and I was tempted but the pure aesthetic of microfluffs prevailed.

2 Likes

You are very welcome
Not only is the fluffy adorable but you’ve included microfluffs, a personal favorite of mine.

2 Likes

I’m flattered. I feel like my work is chicken scratch compared to yours :sob:.

1 Like