Wawa's Victims (Toy Castle) (Artist: SqueakyFriend)

With the story itself finished, I can finally post these without thinking about spoilers!

These are kinda like chapter illustrations for the Toy Castle side story, Wawa’s Visitors, depicting each chapter’s namesake/fate!

1. Mayflower
mayflower2

2. The Herd
herdmate

3. Coward
wawavisitorfinal

4. “Friend”
starved visitor

5. White Pegasus
snowcone visitor

6. The Unforgivable
wawa death

38 Likes

ooohhhhhhhh these are all so beautiful!!

3 Likes

Last one gives me ‘crabs in a bucket’ vibes.

1 Like

Very nice.

To me the first and last pictures, that feature water, are wholly congenial to your style.

2 Likes

Plot twist for the first one: it’s actually the reflection of a fluffy looking into the water, upset because it can’t give huggies to its ‘wawa fwend’, which is its reflection.

1 Like

Reflections don’t leave air bubbles.

Though sadly not canon, and a very horrified expression for just being unable to hug something, the funniest part about this idea is that you literally can hug your wawa fwend in Toy Castle and it will hug back … then use that hug to drag you down and drown you, because of course it will, so a reflection hug would still be fatal. Can’t trust anything in that dang castle.

It does however sound very cute, so I might end up doing something with that idea.

1 Like

Ah, but there is nothing sadder than a fluffy that can’t receive huggies!

Actually, more than one fluffy has died trying to give huggies to its reflection. There was one classic in particular where the fluffy’s owner put the urn with the fluffy’s ashes next to a mirror or something like that. Can’t remember the artist tho.

Really?
Are there fluffelgangers there?

I really imagined Wawa as thinner, still super fluffy as that’s your style but at least like 30% thinner than he is in the last pic. Re-watching the fight scenes with snowcone in my head with them both being giant fluffy meat-balls makes them a touch more silly and a little less epic in hindsight lol. Love your style and your writing as always.

1 Like

Let me tell ya, drawing a fight between them and making it look suitably non-silly was not easy. They can still be pretty lithe beneath all that fluff (I imagine it’s so poofed out they look a lot fatter than they are), but close-quarters fighting still looks like two cotton balls mashed together.

Reflections can be deceiving, so if you count mirrors and water reflections as fluffelgangers then yes! From Wawa’s Visitors chapter 2:

As they looked for a way to cross the shallow stream safely, Smarty refusing to let his pregnant mate wade across the water, the tired Blueberry was talking to her reflection. It consoled her and listened to her sorrows until she leaned down to thank it. When she did, the waves raised and cradled her head before suddenly grabbing hold, dragging her face below the surface. The other fluffies panicked; both stallions grabbed hold of her tail and pulled as hard as they could, but by the time they tore her free from the water it was too late. Blueberry had been drowned.

And from Toy Castle chapter 8:

Snowcone approached the water and looked down at the clear surface, faced with her own reflection. (…) Below the surface swam thin fishes, and Snowcone eased somewhat as she murmured. “Hewwo, fishy fwiends.”

Mimicking the words, her reflection tilted its head with a thin smile, and Snowcone scrambled away from the water.

Been reading toy castle for my technical demo. Great story, I really can feel the fear.
Now, as for reflections go, I love playing with them in creepy ways too, but unfortunately nothing fluffy related. I use them mainly under the whole “mirrors are portals to the lower astrals and the nethers” idea, so in the few things I use them (rps over other sites and a game I was working on 2 years ago) they are the highway for fallen angels and cosmic horrors and even damned or cursed characters.
I kinda grew on that idea ever since I had this odd experience one afternoon when I was eating chicken, kek

1 Like

Thank you! And if you have any questions on how anything would work game-wise, don’t hesitate to ask. I’ve given this silly setting too much thought, haha.

Reflections are just really good horror material in general. There’s so much you can do with them, the Silent Hill 3 mirror room comes to mind.

Another, older example I have when it comes to reflections is the mirror room in the original Splatterhouse.
Other one that fits better for what I thought for your story would be in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, except instead of some damage from the ambush, it would be an instant death