What artist would you really like to come back to the community?

I wanna see wolfarm_sparks makes a comeback

2 Likes

Twistee. Magow-Magow. Gr1m_1 (I know he’s around, but would like to see a lot more).
They were the Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse during the Booru’s golden age.

Shafer_Araks, whose awful fluffy visages somehow communicated true despair.

Gardel. Hugboxing_faggot. Ginger_Fig. The dude who wrote “Not all pillowfluffs are happy fluffs”.

3 Likes

@Gardel is here, fortunately. Twistee is active but only as a write.

2 Likes

A lot of the artists I covered in the Sam Adams Guide are artists I’d love to see again, especially the hugboxer ones who put in a lot of effort into defining fluffies and their world outside of an abuse/sadbox context.

Of course, KMEB and Marcusmaximus are both artists I want to see back. I actually had the plaasure of meeting Marcusmaximus last year, but he got very busy IRL apparently. KMEB has been the most fascinating to me, and the reason why I’m putting so much effort into Aww Staw Supah Fwuff, which is my “official” tribute to him.

Since so many people are not included in @WhalerTom’s list, I’ll list out the artists who I’d love to see come back, especially the hugbox ones, in no particular order:

Waggytail: Okay, Waggytail is the one I’d admittedly love to see come back the most. If Carpdime is my biggest inspiration in fluffies, Waggytail is my biggest inspiration as a hugboxer.

Squeakyfriend: I’d put Squeakyfriend on the same level as Waggytail. Squeakyfriend has the distinction of having illustrated a children’s story for the booru, and while he defined his art as “cutebox” as opposed to hugbox, it was pretty much the same thing. Squeakyfriend had A LOT of rgeat ideas, and I need to get round to reuploading them. He also had a pretty cool game idea called the Toy Castle

PeppermintParchment: Another hugboxer/sadbox I’d love to see come back. I always wanted to see a resolution to Kegstand and FIsher.

Phantomfluffy: I kind of want to see him continue Fluffy Neighbours. Plus his take on a breeding mare with many teats accounts for their ridiculours reproductive rates as opposed too “too many foals, too few teats”

Fosterfluffy: Fosterfluffy was the biggest recent hugboxer and was active since at least 2019. I really genuinely hope he’s around.

Meh: I wrote my own resolution the NISC story, but I am kinda curious as to how Meh himself would have continued the story.

Mutagen: Same with @mutagen and Postfluff

GRANPA156: Same with Granpa and Seabreeze.

MrPaint: Same with MrPaint and his Smokeyverse

FierceDeityLynx: As mucha s FDL mentioned he does not plan to return to the fluffy pony fandom, I still feel that, if anyone should finish Plum’s story, it should be FDL himself

Yehdoo: I really love Yehdoo’s design of her fluffies. While long legged, they had puffy cheeks, and were definitely fluffy.

Gowdie: Gowdie was like Muffin before Muffin existed.

As for artists I have yet to cover:

Bluefluff: I really like the cute stuff Bluefluff did. And he was a kiwi, much like Waggytail

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your extensive, well-informed and thorough answer. I’ll revisit some of the artists you mention.

2 Likes

I really recommend them since people tend to focus so much on the abuse-centrics but gloss over the hugboxer/neutralbox ones. Its part of the reason why I am doing my Guide story, on top of my other tribute work.

Another good starting point is the christmas pic Kerosine did. (which reminds me - I need to comm a followup)

2 Likes

Well, since i am not from the booru times, but joined after it, i have 0 clue ho those people are. :frowning:

4 Likes

Micron for me because no one could top their weird box, I kind of regret that I didn’t download much of their artwork before the booru shut down.

4 Likes

Still here

4 Likes

Surprised nobody mentioned fwuffe, whatthefwuff and PETN yet

3 Likes

I’d really like to se what MarcusMaximus is up to these days. On the rare ocassions I do art, I base my fluffies off his. Coalheart too. I just loved his designs.

2 Likes

If by Fwuffe you mean Fwuffee, she settled down with Mutagen. From what I understand, they both really moved on from fluffies.

@WhatTheFluff actually joined the site not too long ago, though I understand that they may be busy.

~

Marcusmaximus has mostly been working on his webcomic. That said, he mentioned he got into some IRL last year, which he hasn’t been online. That said, and regarding fluffies, Marcus did come back to the booru last year, shortly before its demise. One of the drawings he did was of Carpdime’s Avocado:

I am holding out for Marcus’s eventual return but, I do think he is prioritizing his webcomic first before he goes back to fluffies.

~

Coalheart stopped quite a while back, but, he did draw two fluffy pictures quite recently.

The above is one of them

7 Likes

Thanks a lot for the update!

2 Likes

Well, it worked before. ahem
I would really like to see Agatha_Nurmi return.

5 Likes

FierceDeityLynx, Shaferaks and MarcusMaximus

2 Likes

Shady ended up so big-in-the-head that they tried to make people reach payment goals on their Patreon to get insider access, then release on the booru. Watched that one happen and got to hear Aichi and Menthol lamenting about it in a group Skype call over the audacity of it.
Not charging people money for Fluffies was really an unspoken rule at the time, because it was seen as “bad form” with a community as small as ours was. It was like a neighborhood where everyone helped everyone else, then one of 'em decided to start charging for their time. The concept was feared to start an arms-race to see who would begin monetizing their content and leading to a mass extinction of good-enough content since nobody wanted to pay.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty much exactly how the event was explained to me.
It’s made me wary of what to allow, here.

4 Likes

Dude, it set so many of us on edge when it happened. I was talking with Menthol just earlier today about it and even he said that “It was smart, he was looking to take advantage of an untapped market.” and I’m still glad that it hasn’t gone that far yet.

4 Likes

How does it feel to have your wish granted?

2 Likes

Shaferaraks

2 Likes