Where Fluffy Bodies Lie, Chapter Three (By Za)

Where Fluffy Bodies Lie

By @Za

Chapter Three:
Filicide

You are Smarty Strong Branch.

Beside you, your young daughter is asleep. No, she wasn’t your daughter. She was Fast Hoofsie’s daughter. The daughter of someone that, until now, you thought you had forgiven. He was your mentor, your smarty, and your friend ever since you were a little baby. He saved your life.

But then again, you remembered everything he had done. He tried to get your father to abandon you when you were a baby. He left you for dead in the forest, beside the corpse of your little brother. Your little brother, who wouldn’t have been killed by Shaw if it wasn’t for Fast Hoofsie.

Sunset Sky breathed softly, cooing in her sleep as she shuffled into a fetal position. Moonlight illuminated her candy pink fluff through the cracks in the hollow tree you were sleeping in. She looked so peaceful, so innocent. You wouldn’t be fooled. She was cut from the same cloth as a murderer.

You raised your hoof, placing it gently against the side of her head. One big stomp and she would never be able to hurt anyone. You could protect your family now. You could make sure what happened before would never happen again.

But… you remembered how warm and full your heart felt when you had rescued her from Shaw. You remembered the way she’d tell you every night how much she loved you before going sleepies. You had even given her a name just earlier today…

Your eyes began to pool with tears, and you couldn’t blink fast enough to get rid of them. Your tears stained your brown fluff as they trickled down your face. What had you become? You were more monster than fluffy. What would your daddeh think? Or your mummah? Or… your brother, that you had almost drowned so many forevers ago. You wished you could take that back. You wished you could have freed him from that tree and saved his life. You wished you could carry him around on your back to help him play huggie tag with his friends one more time.

And yet your hoofsie remained raised over Sunset Sky’s head. Why couldn’t you lower your leggie and just… go to sleep? This was your daughter.

You couldn’t hurt her.

No, you didn’t want to… but you had to.

No…

You needed to clear your head.

You reluctantly lowered your hoofsie and stepped out of the hollowed-out tree stump you called a home. The night was brisk, stars glistening overheard to shine some light down into the clearing. With a slow, methodical trot, you walked to the smaller stump in the center where two toughies were standing guard for any monsters.

“Boseefus, Wenny,” you called to them from halfway across the clearing. Bocephus, a lean orange earthie, whipped his head over towards you immediately with a suspicious glare. His eyes relaxed once he noticed it was you, and not some big monster here to eat him. He then tapped Lenny on the shoulder. Lenny was a beige unicorn standing a head taller than Bocephus, and he was built like a stack of blockies. He slowly turned his derpy eyes to face you, offering a bright smile and fervent wave. Jeez, the things a broken horn could do to a fluffy.

“Hewwo nicest Smawty… S-Stwongie Bwanches!” Lenny greeted you kindly. You smiled sympathetically.

“Watch smawty nestie,” you directed them, pointing a hoofsie in the direction of your home, “smawty nee…” your voice trailed off.

“Smawty nee take wongest wawkies.”

Next Chapter ==>
<== Previous Chapter

9 Likes

Hey retards, I’m writing again. I just needed something to spark a fire back in me, and that happened. I got a comment on chapter two and the ideas came flooding back, so thanks to @BoonChi for that. Anyway, I still can’t guarantee I’ll ever finish Fallen Angel or Sawbones, but we’ll see where I’m at when this story is finished.

Short chapter, but I’m just getting back in my groove. Hope you enjoy.

2 Likes

Thanks for the chapter!

1 Like

Thanks for reading and for giving me a push to finish this story!