Cherry and Brian, Chapter 8.5: Rewards For Protection (Star-The-Alicorn)

On their way inside, a human scooped them up quickly. “Oh my god little dudes, you’re all beat up! Let’s get you to the nurse.” The one who picked them up rushed them to the nurse’s office and set them down. From there, they were patched up, given sketti treats to cheer them up, and were bombarded with questions.

“Why were you two beating up another fluffy? Care to explain?” The fluffies told their story.

“An’ den, Wemon said meanie wowds to Chewwy! An’ give huwties! Su Switchy haf to sabe Chewwy. Sowwy fwuffies got in fite, nice hooman.” Switchy explained. He hung his head in an apology.

Sigh I’m gonna need to call your owners, you two. I’ll be sure to bring Lemon in too and call his owner as well. He’s the worst behaved one here.” The employee reached for the phone, and Cherry gulped. He was sure he’d be in trouble.

“Hello?” Brian answered as he juggled the phone and a rather large box. “Hold on, lemme put this down-” He nearly dropped it, falling on the ground with an “Oof!”. Gavin was heard giggling.

“Hello sir, sorry to interrupt your time. Your fluffy was just caught in a fight with another stallion. He’s been patched up already, no serious injuries.” Brian heard the nasally voice of the employee on the phone.

“Oh god dammit, Cherry.” Brian muttered, shaking his head. He let out a long, suffering sigh.

“What did he do now?” Gavin asked. “Now’s the worst time for him to misbehave, we’ve got like half our most valuable stuff still outside.”

“Exactly! That’s why the little brat did this, he must have known.” Brian sarcastically grumped. Gavin patted him on the shoulder in sympathy and Brian immediately felt better, his face heating up. “He got into a fight with another fluffy at daycare. He got hurt but he’s ok now.”

“Oh, the poor dear!” Gavin put a hand to his mouth in empathy for the alicorn, not seeming to notice Brian’s blush. He knew Cherry was going to get in big trouble.

Brian listened to the rest of the employee’s explanation and his jaw dropped. “Apparently Switchy got in the fight too?” Brian exclaimed. Gavin’s eyebrows shot up to his hairline.

“Really??? He’s never misbehaved like that before. I wonder what came over him.” Gavin mused.

“I don’t know, but we’re gonna heave our most valuable shit into the house and pick them up ASAP.”

Meanwhile, at the daycare, Lemon had been smacked with a sorry stick and placed in the time out corner. The little earthie sat there, sniffling as the fluffy behavior manager of the daycare loomed over him, tapping her foot. Lemon looked behind him to glare at Cherry, who sat in the middle of the room, smug.

“Stoopi Chewwy! Wipe dat gwin off yoo face! Yoo am wucky hooman am hewe!” Lemon snapped. The behavioral manager cleared her throat and gave Lemon another smack on the butt. “OWWIES! Otay, otay! Wemon stahp tawkin’ nao.”

After Lemon’s owner came to pick him up and apologized to Brian and Gavin, Brain went over to talk to Cherry.

“So, you go into a fight?” Brian raised a brow, glaring at Cherry.

“Y-Yus… But Wemon stawted it! Wemon give huwties to Switchy su Chewwy haf to sabe him! Huu huu, pwease nu spank Chewwy! Chewy sowwy!” Cherry pleaded, tearing up.

Brian’s heart melted at the alicorn’s genuine remorse. He’d just been protecting Switchy. He sighed. He couldn’t punish Cherry for that. He gently scooped his fluffy up, reassured him he wasn’t in trouble, and went over to Gavin.

“Well, now that we know it was self defense… I don’t think they should be punished.” Gavin whispered.

“Me neither. But we should make it look like they are so we aren’t accused of encouraging this behavior.” Brian answered. He glanced over at the behavioral manager. She squinted, hands on her hips. She was not happy about the trouble this had caused her. Gavin discreetly nodded.

Brian whispered to the two fluffies. “Ok little guys, you’re not in trouble, but we’re going to pretend you are because this lady here is not happy with all the fighting. This is just pretend, okay? You’re not getting the sorry stick or anything.” The fluffies nodded.

“Alright you two, in the corner! You’re in big, big trouble.” Brian barked. The fluffies, even though they knew they were ok, flinched at the tone of voice and slunk over to separate corners.

“Yus, Bwian…” Cherry muttered, and sat down in his corner. Switchy gave a fake sniffle and sat down in his own.

Everyone waited five minutes, then the fluffies were allowed out. The two alicorns were taken to the car, placed in their fluffy seats, and they drove off.

Brian turned up the radio, and ignored the giggling at his tone-deaf singing. He turned around from the driver’s seat, and asked “Hey, since you guys got all banged up at daycare and protected each other, how about some ice cream?”

Cherry and Switchy’s gaze whipped to him, then Switchy’s to Gavin’s to ask permission. Gavin nodded, and Switchy grinned as Cherry cheered. They soon pulled into a drive-thru ice cream place, which included a few flavors for pets; And some for fluffies too.

There was spaghetti (Fuckin’ gross), apple, strawberry, grass (DOUBLE gross) and some other fruit flavors. Brian didn’t dare offer the fluffies chocolate; From the reading he did and a few funny videos he’d watched, fluffies got drunk off their asses on chocolate. While it would be funny, he didn’t want to deal with drunk fluffies while he was moving into his crush’s house.

Cherry chose a scoop of spaghetti with some bits of tomato as a topping, and Switchy chose strawberry with some whipped cream. Brian chose his usual favorite; Chocolate with gummy bears (He kept it away from the fluffies) and Gavin chose sherbet with sprinkles.

While the fluffies cooed over their “Bestest cowd nummies”, Brian leaned back to talk.

“Now guys, I want you to understand that this is not a reward for fighting. This is to help you feel better after a bad day and reward you for protecting each other. I do not want you to start fights on purpose thinking that this is what will happen after.” Brian explained.

Gavin turned his head to look at the fluffies. They were listening, their ears pricked towards Brian. Good boys.

“And remember what happens if you start fights on purpose, guys…” Gavin glanced at Switchy. Switchy sheepishly lowered his ears and nodded.

“Fwuffies get sowwy stick.” Switchy confirmed. Gavin nodded, reaching back to ruffle both fluffies manes.

“Good boys.”

(Sorry nothing happened this chapter; In-between chapters tend to be that way. Moves the story forward without needing to be actively in the story.)

First chapter: Cherry And Brian, Chapter 0: Cherry's Backstory (Star-The-Alicorn)

Previous chapter: Cherry and Brian, Chapter 8: Daycare Disaster (Star-The-Alicorn)

Optional bonus chapter: Cherry and Brian, Chapter 8.9: Mini Tantrum (Star-The-Alicorn)

Next chapter: Cherry and Brian, Chapter 9: Morefluffies Disease (Star-The-Alicorn)

15 Likes

Awww. My heart xDxD

4 Likes

I love it! I can’t wait to see more of these two!

4 Likes

Wait wasent switchy the one to protect cherry

4 Likes

Thanks!! This all started as a one-off drawing of the two to practice fluffies and turned into my favorite fluffy story to write.

3 Likes

Yep! But Cherry beat up Lemon too to protect Switchy from him. They both protected each other here.

3 Likes

It’s Cherry and the Brain,
Yes, Cherry and the Brain,
One is a fluffy,
The other can’t spell his own name.

6 Likes

WHEEZE
Dear god, I just noticed that. Wrote it while I was sleep deprived, whoops :laughing:

4 Likes

Goddamn, I counted as I corrected; I misspelled Brian’s name a grand total of ten times. I think I must have derped while writing this.

4 Likes

It’s okay. Sleep deprivation comes for us all

3 Likes

Just one question. How many chapters are there gonna be?

4 Likes

I’m honestly not too sure. There are gonna be at least a few oneshots after the story is done, but dw, it’s about to start getting good.

3 Likes

Okay so the fruit one the grass strawberry apple i have drank the grass flavor is just gone

1 Like