Dark Is The Night [By BFM101]

This is an idea thought up by @FallenAngel007, I’m not sure how canonical I want to make it to the Mongola Saga but as a one-off I didn’t see any harm in putting the two worlds on a collision course.

This takes place a little after The Start Of A Beautiful Friendship since that keep Jonathan and Scarlett in isolated territory, you’ll understand why in a moment.

“Stop wookin at Scawwett makin poopies yu fukin weiwdo.”

“I’m not looking at… My back’s to you Scarlett, I promise you.”

“Scawwett feew yu wookin at Scawwett poopie pwace, knyo yu hab bad finkie-pwace pwans.

“That’s fucking disgusting, why the hell would you even say that?”

“Tu make Jon uncomfowtabew.”

Jonathan tried to be angry but the little malicious giggle Scarlett let out was somewhat endearing. Chuckling with her, he turned to pick her up and put her back in the car.

“Alright, that’s enough fun for one night, let’s…”

PPPFFFFFTTTTHHHH

Scarlett let out a loud and wet bowel movement, not at Jonathan specifically, but in his general direction.

“Jesus Fuck Scarlett, come on.”

“Towd yu yu wan wook at Scawwett make poopies.”

“That doesn’t count, you tricked me.”

“Yu stiww wooked.”

“Listen here you little shit.”

The two of them laughed at each other, comfortable in their ease to rip the piss of the other. As Scarlett wiped herself on the grass, Jonathan took a look around their surroundings, it wasn’t perfect, the road had too few streetlights and too many trees for his liking, but he hadn’t seen another car come down this road in nearly two hours, for keeping a low profile, it was the best option they had.

“Alright, it’s getting late, we should hunker down here for the night. You wanna get in the car or you wanna tire yourself out first?”

“Scawwett gu for wawkies, nu am tiwed jus yet. Maybe ‘spwore fowest fow a wittew bit.”

“You can smell Fluffies nearby, can’t you?”

“Oh yeh.”

Jonathan rolled his eyes. “You know we aren’t gonna get rid of the dead Fluffy stink if you keep dribbling giblets over the passenger seat.”

Scarlett shrugged. “Scawwett kinda yoose tu it nyo.”

“Fuck it, just be safe alright, and I’m wiping you clean before you get in the car once you’re back.”

Scarlett rolled her eyes as well but she agreed to the terms and went darting off into the forest, following the scent of Fluffies nearby. After living the past 3 years as a self-taught cannibal she had a slighter sharper sense of smell, she could pick up a number of faint Fluffy scents, enough to know that a number of them, possibly a family, were in the area at least a day ago.

But they were all overpowered by a fresh scent, one that stunk of sweetness, the tell-tale sign of a fat foal, gorged on milk until their flesh was soft and tender. Perfect for a midnight snack.

Scarlett travelled deeper into the forest, by now the thick canopy of the tree tops was blocking out the moon, making it difficult to see, even for an experienced hunter like her. Hearing on the other hand, that worked just fine.

“MUMMAH! DUMMEH MUMMAH, WHEWE AWE YU, BESTESH BABBEH NU WAN PWAYS HIDIES NU MOWE, HAB WOWSTESH TUMMEH HUWTIES!”

A fat blue and yellow foal waddled around the forest, Scarlett could practically hear his engorged stomach sloshing with each heavy step. He was either too ignorant or too stupid to be worried about predators, since he was howling in all directions for his misplaced mother.

“MUMMAH! COME BAK TU BESTESH BABBEH WIGHT NYO! NU WIKE DUMMEH HIDIES, WAN HAB MIWKIES BEFOWE DUMMEH BWUDDA AN SISSIES STEAW IT AWW!”

Scarlett surmised that the other Fluffy scents she picked up were this fat fuck’s family, and since their scent was much weaker, it was likely this tubby twat had been abandoned. Scarlett was almost impressed that Fluffy parents had been smart enough to excise a bestesh bully from their family, this blue ballsack must’ve been quite the little shit.

Oh well, just meant less guilt on her end when she gobbled him up.

She snuck round behind the blue foal, still trying to be quite just in case but not too worried about making a noise over his fat jaw wobbling. Once she was completely behind him, she slinked out of the bushes, keeping herself low as the bloated babbeh whined and moaned some more, crying so loudly that he didn’t hear Scarlett make a sound until she was right behind him.

He only realised she was there once she bit onto his tail.

“Wha da…?”

“Gotcha.”

Scarlett yanked her head back and threw the fat foal into the air, he shook his stumpy little limbs as a spray of shit followed him like a trail in the air. The foal took a deep breath, ready to scream blood murder, only to stop suddenly when Scarlett caught him in her teeth, his top half in her mouth and his still shitting bottom half sticking out.

“NUUUHUUUUHUUU, BESTESH BABBEH NU AM NUMMIES, AM GUD BABBEH, AM…!”

CRUNCH

With one bite through his soft, fatty flesh, Scarlett chewed the foal in half, his shit-stained bottom dropped onto the grass, his top half stayed screaming until Scarlett chomped down and burst open his skull, swallowing the gooey deliciousness of his blood and brains.

As she happily savoured the tenderness of a fat foal, she heard something on the wind, something soft that made her Fluff stand on end but she couldn’t understand why. Scarlett looked around, trying to work out where the noise was coming from, and why it had gotten so cold all of a sudden.

Then from behind her, she heard it, a slithering, crackled voice, so close it was like it was being whispered into her ear, and yet so distant and far at the exact same time.

“Heyyyyy, we called dibbbbssssss.”

Scarlett turned to face whatever was speaking to her, and she found herself face to face with an impossibility. A creature, shaped like a human but taller than any she had ever seen behind, and made entirely out of darkness, it’s form seemed to disappear and reappear through the black of the night, seemingly at random, she couldn’t tell if it had two arms or six. The only constant were two white eyes on what she assumed was its head, and a bright red mouth carved into the monsters face with jagged teeth.

For the first time in her life, Scarlett shit herself with fear.

“AHHHHH, WHA DA FUK AM YU?!”

“We are…beingssssss. Creaturessss of sssshadow, harbingersssss of sssssupernatural deccccccimation. Neither of thisssss world or the nexxxxxt, and yet we are part of all worldssssss at the ssssame time.”

“…Da fuk dus dat mean?”

“We have many namessssss through our exxxisssssstencccccce, but our mosssst common isssss Draakssssss. And we say oncccce more, we called dibsssss.”

Scarlett looked down at the half-eaten fat foal still laying in the grass, she then looked back up at the dark figure, jumping slightly at their slight but noticeable change in form.

“Yu wan it? Fukin hab it, Scawwett nu am hungwy nu mowe.”

The creature made a noise that sounded like laughter, but wasn’t quite right. “And what issss to sssstop ussss from ssssating our appetite with you?”

Faced with the very real threat of being eaten alive, something Scarlett had some insider knowledge about, the red mare felt her fear dissolve to be replaced with anger. How dare this monster threaten to eat a Fluffy, only she got to do that.

“Yu fukin twy it mummahfuka, an Scawwett find whaeba yu caww a nu-nu stik, wip it off an fukin choke yu tu foweba sweepies wiv it.”

The creature’s mouth moved into what may have been a smile. “You sssspeak with bravado, we are not the firsssssst larger being you’ve facccccced before are we?”

One of the creature’s arms raised up, pointing itself towards Scarlett’s missing right ear. Scarlett’s memories of taking down Fing and how that almost went completely sideways for her flashed in her mind but she quickly shook them away and stared down the creatures once more.

“Yeh, an Scawwett gib dat big kunt foweba sweepies, su yu nu scawe Scawwett ee-da.”

The creature made another sound like broken laughter and leaned in closer, in the low light Scarlett could see the edges of its form pulsate and wave, constantly moving like liquid but never enough to disturb the creature’s whole body.

“Precccccisssssssely.”

“Wha?”

“You are ssssssso very different to the Fluffiesssssss we usssssually hunt, there isssss sssssssomething broken in you that doessssss not assssssk to be fixxxxed. Sssssomething twisssssted that doesssss not asssssssk to be normal, in fact it rejectssssssssss normal. We can ssssssssmell it on you, the cruelty, but not sssssssadisssstic, no it’ssssss benevolent, assss muccccccch as cruelty can be. You are an interessssssssting sssssspecccccimin, to end your journey here on a missssssssunderstanding would be… a missssstake.”

Scarlett eyes the creature, trying to work out what he was telling her. “Su… Scawwett can gu?”

“Yessssss, but heed our warning Ssssscarlett. We are creaturessssss of the ssssssshadows, we ssssssurvive on sssssseecreacccccy, there are precccccccioussssss few who know of ussssssss and fewer sssssstill alive to sssssspeak the tale. Do not reveal our exissssstence to anyone, not even your massssssster, the power we Draaksssssss have is not be ussssed by jussssst anyone, esssspecccccially thossssse who are unaware of the pricccce we require. Thissssss isssss the cosssst of your freedom, and we expect payment in full.”

Scarlett gulped, knowing this creature was serious. “Scawwett nu make anee tawkies bout dawkie-munstahs, pwomise.”

“Good, be well Ssssscarlett, and do not be offended when we ssssssay we wissssh never to ssssee you again.”

“Fukin same.”

Not wanting to risk herself any further, Scarlett took off running back to Jonathan. The creature watched her leave, smiling to themselves, they knew Scarlett would eventually tell someone of her experience with them, a story passed on through her friends and acquaintances, further pushing the legends and folklores of the Draaks to more and more generations.

Satisfied that their work was complete, the creature picked up the bottom half of the fat foal and swallowed it whole, savouring the small taster before setting off into the woods to find more food.

Scarlett arrived back at the car just as Jonathan finished setting up the backseat of the car with blankets and coats for a more comfortable sleep.

“There you are, was wondering where you got off to, you find your midnight snack ok?”

“Wha? Oh yeh, yeh fat babbeh, ee-see nummies.”

Jonathan quickly caught on that something was off about Scarlett. “You ok? You seem a little distracted.”

“Nuffin, jus tuu dawk, Scawwett fink see fings, finkie-pwace oba-du- it. Nu wan tawkies bout it, we’'s gu sweepies nyo.”

Jonathan knew there was more to her story, but he decided not to press and picked Scarlett up, carrying her into a soft pile of clothing he’d set up in the passenger seat while he lay down across the back seats.

“You sure there’s nothing you wanna talk about before we tuck in for the night.”

“Nu, nu it jus… fuk. Dis sound dummeh, bu du Jon fink munstahs am weaw?”

“Monsters? Where is this coming from?”

“Fowgit it, Scawwett knyw yu nu bewieve hew.”

“Hey, hey, hey. Sorry, you just caught me off-guard is all. Now do I believe in monsters? Well it depends on what type of monster you mean, are we talking about figurative monsters in which case the answer is yes, absolutely I do. My father was a monster, a lot of folk probably considered your father to be a monster, hell I used my knowledge of chemical reactions to blow shit up so I’m likely to be classed as a monster by some fucking shareholder on wall-street. So yeah, in that regard, I believe monsters to be real.

“An wha bout… WEAW munstahs?”

Jonathan could tell something had Scarlett spooked, and considering how fierce she was, that gave him some cause for concern. He paused for a moment, trying to think of the best way to word his answer.

“Logically I shouldn’t believe in monsters, there should be nothing indicating any existence of night-time creatures or vicious beasts. However, I also once believed that there would never be another animal on earth that would speak like a human and look where we are now with Fluffies. Anything is possible, it just depends on what you believe.

“Su, Jon bewieve Scawwett?”

“If you say you saw a monster in the woods, then you saw a monster and I’ll believe you. But even if I didn’t, never question your own judgement based on what other people think. Because that is a slippery slope that leads to madness.”

Part of Scarlett still felt uneasy, knowing that there was a monster out there, but Jonathan’s affirmation that she wasn’t crazy or overreacting did make her feel somewhat better.

“Can we gu sweepies nyo, Scawwett nu wan fink bout munstahs nu mowe.”

“Course we can, and besides, by this tome tomorrow we’ll have started our new line of work, you won’t have time to worry about monsters.”

Jonathan gave a light chuckle but noticed silence from Scarlett’s side, the little red mare had collapsed into a deep slumber, which to be fair, he couldn’t blame her for, between the Smarty herd at the shop and now night-time monsters, it had been a strange and hectic day for them both.

Taking one quick look outside to make sure they were alone, Jonathan wrapped himself in a big cloak and drifted off to sleep, only worrying for a moment about whether monsters were real or not, before tiredness took over all thoughts and turned them into dust.

Author’s Note - I almost called this Things That Go Bump In The Night, but I thought I’d hold onto that title for a longer series.

And now that I’ve said that, I think I know where to use it. But that’s for much later on.

16 Likes

Oh yessshhhh I love it :smiling_imp::+1: the tension and the draak’s speech. Nicely done. :blush:

Love how fat bestesh get his punishment once again :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Jonathan: “Also I’m reasonably certain my brother was frenemies with a tentacle monster badly pretending to be human. The only human thing about him was the opposable thumbs.”

1 Like

Question weren’t you the one who made them ?

1 Like