Double Cream (AMDk7)

An updated versions of @Pink 's blind albino fluffy Cream.
I felt the original version was a bit too stark and empty.
So i gave him a dog basket ( with dodgy dimensions) some toys and a stuffy toy to sleep with.

Do fluffies actually play with other things then blocks and balls ?

19 Likes

Enfie pals?

Hmm. dont think that fits in with Pink’s headcanon.

1 Like

I think it’s generally accepted that those toys are programmed in? At least in headcanons that go with biological mental programming for things like ‘skettis’ and fluffspeak.

1 Like

I can see them existing, I just can’t see drawing them

I’m just wondering because I’m getting a bit bored with drawing those in the background.
…or foreground as the case may be.

Especially not around Cream I don’t think he is the type for that sort of thing.

He’d be confused, and Peach would just cry over the ‘boxie-mare’.

1 Like

Well I can’t think of a 4th thing.

Maybe those dog chew toys ?
or cat toys to throw around a bit ?

3 Likes

They seem like they would be all about fetch. But I can’t recall ever seeing that used.

I only ever saw them stacking blockies , play with a ball ( run after it or chew it like a dog)
Run after each other of play hide and go peep. ( from a spoosh comic)

2 Likes

As somebody who prefers working with headcanons that have fluffies be taught lessons, I feel that overly relying on mental programming is too easy a handwave. Little is done is to explain how the programming is achieved, with some people are just content to looking at fluffies in the lowest light possible.

@Carpdime has drawn a fluffy chasing an RC toy car (as did Waggytail), a toy rocket, a dolly, a fitting puzzle and many others. And of course, there are also people who have drawn fluffies making art.

Heck, it also helps to look into why building blocks are recommended for children in the first place. While Art-anon may have drawn them as it was mentioned in the greentexts and it was a means of furthering the baby-like nature of fluffies, building blocks have been a part of children’s education for ages, with the idea that children learn ideas through play with such blocks. Even if a fluffy pony is neotenic and mentally stunted, I think they should at least be capable of learning to some degree.

Its just a matter of looking for art of fluffies playing with other kinds of toys. Or even more importantly, considering how fluffies may play with toys other than “the usual”. I mean, heck, @emotionalsupportfluffy just drew fluffies playing a TTRPG, something that Marcusmaximus did previously.

2 Likes

Rattles and other sound toys like bells, toy pianos/xylophones, hoofdrums. Crayons made for mouths, washable non-toxic paint, chalk, play-doh. Frozen teething rings, stacking rings, mobiles. Mirrors, a fluffy-modified see and say, cloth picture books, talking books. I’ve seen suggestions of texture and scent books for pillowfluffs, I think a regular fluffy would enjoy them too. Simple food puzzles like a box with a treat inside or a Kong. Destructive enrichment like toilet paper tubes, newpapers, and other fun to tear trash.

Okay I pondered up more alternative toys than I thought. Really anything suitable for a baby or young toddler that doesn’t call for hands, and toys a small dog can enjoy.

3 Likes

All sounds very useful.
I’m just a bit bored of drawing blocks of balls in the fore or back ground
And different toys gives the fluffy in question more of a back story and personality.

1 Like

Those are the most classic toys, but I could see fluffies playing with cars, dolls/action figures and so on. Fluffies playing with He-Man (and cutely misunderstanding the war against Skeletor) would be just adorable. :blush:

2 Likes

Yeah i can see all of that too
Fluffies playing with transformers, that be cool too
And an injoke cause Transformers are a Hasbro IP.

Rambo might have a favorite Tf toy now. >.>

Edit: I can also imagine Rambo liking Skeletor, because Skeletor is blue just like Rambo.

1 Like

All these are great! I tend to think of a fluffy’s mentality as going up to that of a small child, but I do agree that most pet toys would work great for a fluffy

Definitely. I actually think its a bit sad that not enough people actually explore the concept of fluffy play. But I feel that its also a product of stereotyping or thinking of fluffies in only one particular way.

Well every little bit helps I suppose
I drew Rambo playing with Transformers and MOTU.

I think that with some luck and perseverance we can push fluffies forward.
Though I am not fussy and generally like most things with fluffies in them.

Edit: i also put a Simon Says in there.
I think thats a really simple game fluffies would take too with gusto.