Game Asset Garage Sale by:Foxhoarder

I’ve made assets for many fluffy games over the years, so I figured I’d make one megathread to share them for anyone looking to make more fluffy games. Just like I’ve said in the Modular Fluffy Project, you should always share your work even from unfinished projects so every fluffy project doesn’t have to start from scratch. If you’re making a game (or whatever else you’d like), use these freely, and remember to share your progress along the way!

To get started, here are the sprites I made for a fluffy game that was supposed to use the emotion circumplex as a model for a completely dynamic AI. The game was going to be tile-based so the adult sprites are 32x32 pixels and babies 16x16 pixels, and everything is done with no gradients to make coloring the fluffies as easy as switching the single color to another. These could work as icons as well for quickly readable expressions, too.

Fluffy Sprites All transparent

As a bonus, here’s a 32x128 pixel TV to go with the set. The glow effects are for putting in front of the TV to display when it’s on, with different colors to indicate what kind of content is running on it:
32x128 TV 32x128 glow 32x128 bloody glow 32x128 blue glow

Next up, backgrounds made for Backyard Fluffies, another project that died when it’s sole programmer disappeared and took the only copy of the source code with him. I cannot stress enough how important it is to share your files at EVERY step along the way to avoid the fluffy game curse!

First off, here’s the main shop screen. The shop for food and other fluffy supplies is on the left, the shop for fences and other hardware on the right, and exit in the middle.

Here’s the FluffyMart view. The shelves are for the items on sale, and the empty space between the wallet and buy button for showing your money and/or info on the selected item. At least that was my intention, but you’re always free to use or edit these as needed.

And here’s the same view for the hardware store:

The game was going to allow capturing fluffies in the wild, so here are backgrounds for an open field and a forest clearing to put traps in:

Here are the traps, to place on the center of the trapping screen. The sprung cage trap is in two parts so you can layer the rear walls behind the fluffy and front walls on top of it, and on the snare trap the caught fluffy is meant to hang at the end of the string.
BoxArmed
BoxTripped
HoleArmed
HoleTripped
SnareArmed
SnareTripped
CageArmed
Cageback
Cagefront

Here are the baits: Plain sketti, sketti with sauce, and a high quality sketti meal. All trap sprites are the same size and shape with a plate in the same spot to make it easy to place the bait sprites right on top of it.
SkettiSkettiWithSauceFancySkettiMeal

Here’s a map screen/hub for moving between locations.

Here’s a set of different colored pins to place on the map for visitable places.
redpinbluepinyellowpin

And here are some UI buttons.
newhandnewcleaningnewmapnewfoodnewtoysnewbuildingsnewoptionsnewtools

And now to the main event that’s most likely to help with the most fluffy games - the Fluffy Herder sprites! These should handle most of the graphics for anyone making a top-down fluffy game, so use them liberally - and of course remember to share your project files regularly!

All the sprites are split into lines, fluff color, and mane and tail color for easy recoloring. The sprites are all the same size, so when layered on top of each other they will always put the lines and extra bodyparts in right positions.

Walking fluffies
The fluffy walk cycle is, first frame (also used for standing still), second frame, first again, third, and then repeat:

Lines, always the topmost layer of a fluffy:
fluffyherder waddlelines1 fluffyherder waddlelines2 fluffyherder waddlelines3

Body colors:
fluffyherder waddlecolor1 fluffyherder waddlecolor2 fluffyherder waddlecolor3

And the manes:
fluffyherder waddlemane1 fluffyherder waddlemane2 fluffyherder waddlemane3

For pegasi, simply add wings on top of the other layers:
pegasuswings waddle 1 pegasuswings waddle2 pegasuswings waddle 2

For unicorns, the same horn sprite works for each frame, as the head stays still during each frame. The horn too is split into a topmost lines layer and a color layer to put below it. Warning - these sprites might be a pixel off-center though, so fix if necessary:
unicornhorn lines unicorn horn color

Running fluffies

The running is just two frames, alternating between the standing still frame and the running frame. For the running frame, here are the lines, colors, and mane:
fluffyherder runlines1fluffyherder runcolor1fluffyherder runmane1

As the head stays still during running, the horn from regular walking animation works here too. For pegasi, here are flapping wings:
runwings1 runwings2

Wounded/limping fluffies

The frames play in the same 1, 2, 1, 3 -order as in the walking animation. First the lines:
fluffyherder newlimp lines1 fluffyherder newlimp lines2 fluffyherder newlimp lines3

Body color for the limping fluffies:
fluffyherder deeplimp1 color fluffyherder deeplimp2 color fluffyherder deeplimp3 color

And the manes and tails:
fluffyherder newlimp mane1 fluffyherder newlimp mane2 fluffyherder newlimp mane3

Wings for limping pegasi:
deeplimp wings 1 deeplimp wings 2 deeplimp wings 3

Horn lines and colors for limping unicorns:
deeplimp horn 1 deeplimp horn 2 deeplimp horn 3
deeplimp horn 1 color deeplimp horn 2 color deeplimp horn 3 color

Falling fluffies

Lines:
fluffyherder tumblelines1 fluffyherder tumblelines2 fluffyherder tumblelines3 fluffyherder tumblelines4fluffyherder tumblelines5fluffyherder tumblelines6

Colors:
fluffyherder tumblecolor1fluffyherder tumblecolor2fluffyherder tumblecolor3fluffyherder tumblecolor4fluffyherder tumblecolor5fluffyherder tumblecolor6

Mane and tail colors. In the last frame the fluffy is so far that the mane and tail aren’t visible anymore:
fluffyherder tumblemane1fluffyherder tumblemane2fluffyherder tumblemane3fluffyherder tumblemane4fluffyherder tumblemane5

Horn for the falling animations. The horn is only visible for the first three frames:
tumblehorn1 tumblehorn2 tumblehorn3
tumblehorn1 color tumblehorn2 color tumblehorn3 color

Same for wings, thanks to the fluffy rotating as it falls:
tumblewings1 tumblewings2 tumblewings3
tumblewings1 color tumblewings2 color tumblewings3 color

Splashing fluffies

The water and waves:
splashing water1 splashing water2 splashing water3 splashing water4 splashing water5

The lines:
splashing1 splashing2 splashing3 splashing4 splashing5

The colors:
splashing color1 splashing color2 splashing color3 splashing color4 splashing color5

And last, the manes and tails:
splashing mane1 splashing mane2 splashing mane3 splashing mane4 splashing mane5

Unicorn horns for the splashing animation. They were notably more difficult because of how much the fluffies head moves around as it struggles:
splashing horn1 splashing horn2 splashing horn3 splashing horn4 splashing horn5
splashing horn1 color splashing horn2 color splashing horn3 color splashing horn4 color splashing horn5 color

And the wings, where only the last frame of the animation needed a tiny bit of color to keep the left wing above water:
splashingwings 1 splashingwings 2 splashingwings 3 splashingwings 4 splashingwings 5
splashingwings 5 color

Drowning fluffies

Water is the only part visible during all the drowning frames:
fluffyherder drowning wawa1fluffyherder drowning wawa2 fluffyherder drowning wawa3 fluffyherder drowning wawa4 fluffyherder drowning wawa5 fluffyherder drowning wawa6 fluffyherder drowning wawa7

Here’s the lines:
fluffyherder drowning body1 fluffyherder drowning body2 fluffyherder drowning body3 fluffyherder drowning body4 fluffyherder drowning body5

Body colors:
fluffyherder drowning color1 fluffyherder drowning color2 fluffyherder drowning color3 fluffyherder drowning color4 fluffyherder drowning color5

The manes:
fluffyherder drowning mane1 fluffyherder drowning mane2 fluffyherder drowning mane3 fluffyherder drowning mane4 fluffyherder drowning mane5 fluffyherder drowning mane6

Horn lines and colors, only visible for the first two frames before the fluffies head is submerged:
drownhorn1drownhorn2
drownhorn1 colordrownhorn2 color

Drowning pegasus wing lines and colors. The color of the wings gets completely submerged in just five frames:
drownwings1drownwings2drownwings3drownwings4drownwings5drownwings6drownwings7
drownwings1 colordrownwings2 colordrownwings3 colordrownwings4 colordrownwings5 color

dead fluffies
Lines, colors, and manes for the dead fluffy:
fluffyherder deadflufflines fluffyherder deadfluffcolor fluffyherder deadfluffmane

Horn, horn color, and pegasus wings:
deadhorn deadhorn color deadwings

Other sprites

Here’s the dogs lines and colors, The animation order of these frames is 1,2,3,2,1,4,5,4 and then repeat. Here’s the dog’s outlines:
Fluffyherder doglines1 Fluffyherder doglines2 Fluffyherder doglines3 Fluffyherder doglines4 Fluffyherder doglines5
And here’s the color:
Fluffyherder dogcolor1 Fluffyherder dogcolor2 Fluffyherder dogcolor3 Fluffyherder dogcolor4 Fluffyherder dogcolor5

Some blood splatters:
newnewblood1 newnewblood2 newnewblood3 newnewblood4 newnewblood5 newnewblood6

Hole, board with nails, and a broken bottle:
HoleboardBottle

The water sprites. The water is separate from the shore, so as long as the shore sprites are layered beneath the water sprites any overlapping puddles will merge together smoothly.
fluffyherder laketopfluffyherder lakebottom

Two bushes and a rock that never made it to the final version:
Bush Bush floweringrock

And finally, all the sprites and backgrounds from the Special Friends Dating Sim can be found in the games files so I won’t post them here. I hope these help any coder without an artist to get started, so good luck with your projects! And most of all, ALWAYS share your source files regularly so the curse won’t get you! :blush:

37 Likes

Thanks man! Though, I don’t do games DX.

1 Like

wow! How cool are those sprites! I wish I could use them for my game but I don’t know how to program, do you make sprites for leisure or to earn money? I would like you to help me with sprites for my game but I don’t want to bother

2 Likes

Thanks! I did these just for fluffy games, because they’ve been the dream of the fandom for ages. I’m glad to have made the two finished ones, too. :blush:

3 Likes

I just remembered that I’d made some sprites for the Fluffy Castrator game too. Real life got in the way so @Zaraishu couldn’t finish it, but it’s another simple game concept that someone with programming skills should be able to help with. Contact me if you’re interested!

First off, here’s a rough placement guide for the model parts, with one closed eye and one ruined testicle just to show their placements:

The hand:

Foreleg grasping the hand:
Foreleg

The main body of the fluffy, trashing about as the fluffy tries to protect it’s no-noes. It can be used in one piece if the whole piece can be bent and stretched, otherwise the top part can be made into one stationary piece and the bottom half part into a moving one, with the hand covering up the seam:

Head:
Head

Ear:
Ear

The construction of the face is still open, as the project first needs a coder to decide what’s the best way to go about it.

If masking is possible, here’s an eye. If not, the same results can be achieved by making eye-shaped holes onto the head and placing the eyes behind it:
Pleadingeye

The shine for the eyes, layered above the pupil:
Pleadingeyeshineright

And the pupil itself. Ideally the eyes will be darting between the knife, the no-noes, and the player throughout the game:
Pupil Large

Eye clenched shut as the fluffy screams. A blinking/sobbing eyes could be done too, but once again, I’ll first wait for a programmer to tell me how they’d like to do it:
Screamingeye

And here’s a muzzle, on a separate layer because it goes a little over the eyes.
Muzzle

For mouth, here’s a neutral and screaming sprites to get started. These can later be expanded with more expressions and movements as the fluffy begs for mercy. Some text, maybe with voices too, are bound to make this feel even more personal! :smile:
NeutralmouthScreamingmouth

Mane and tail, separated for easy recoloring:

Mane
Tail

Horn (for unicorns/alicorns):
Horn

And a rear leg. This is another part that’ll be up to the programmer in how to make it kick and flail about as the fluffy squirms about:
Rearleg

Now to the fun parts! Here’s the sheath:
Sheath
A lump:
Lump
Destroyed lump:
Destroyedlump
And the anus. This is bound to get some attention later too, but let’s get the castration working first. :blush:
Anus

And finally, here’s the scalpel to poke the fluffy with. More tools such as a pencil and a spork will be easy to draw once the basics are working.
scalpel

And of course, I’ll be happy to draw any other parts as needed. I just need a programmer first to actually get the game started. :blush:

6 Likes

Very impressive!

Your style really lends itself to this category of 2D assets.

1 Like

What is fluffy game curse?

1 Like

Lots of fluffy games get started, very few if any get brought to completion.

4 Likes

Thank you.

Not only do lots of fluffy games get started, but they all seem to end at the same point, and for the same reasons too: Whenever a breeder sim gets over the hardest part of drawing and animating the fluffies, move around and eat and sleep, THAT’S when the programmer, the single most important part of the project, just flat out disappears without a trace. Out of community, out of Discord, just poof and they’re gone, taking all the code, art, and hours of work poured into the project with them.

And then the next project starts, drawing its own sprites, making its own animations, and writing its own code all over again, just for the cycle to repeat. It’s why I created the modular fluffy project and urge anyone to share their progress even when they sincerely believe they’re going to keep working on it, because we’ve seen so many promising projects disappear just like that. Heck, there was another “Unnamed Fluffy Game” project that started, proceeded, and then died just like this while the Backyard Fluffies was still going!

So remember, don’t trust that you’ll share the code once you stop working on it. Share often, never be the only person holding the files, or you too might one day disappear without a trace.

4 Likes

I know a programmer or something, at least she seems very clever in my idea. Do you think she could be interesting ideas about the project?

Whichever project she’d be interested in, it’s worth asking. A game can work with even the simplest of art, but programming is the rarest and most irreplaceable skill of any game project!

1 Like

I know she has commissions. Can I send a link in private?

Sure. I don’t have much to commission with, but it’s worth learning about.

1 Like

Send message.

Couldn’t we just build a Visual Novel with something like tyrannobuilder ?
That would at least be something.

2 Likes

For visual novels, the RenPy engine is both free and without doubt the best there is. I used it to make the Special Friends dating sim, as the tutorials alone were so good that even I learned to use it fairly quickly. I always had the example game open in another window while scripting, so whenever I needed to know something I could simply ask the anime girl to explain it to me. :smile:

2 Likes

So why dont we ( as a community ) try that ?
I mean its not gonna be a fluffy sim but it’s better then nothing.
I think our best bet would be VN’s or learning to mod the sims.

Making a game from scratch for people who have to learn everything about making games might just be too big a task.

1 Like

Commission coders is a solution?

1 Like

In my experience there are competent programmers around, but the ones that pick up small amateur/hobby games along with a bunch of friendly souls from some community tend to flake out. These are usually not particularly skilled programmers, and they often either overscope and lose heart, or just find they bit of more than they can chew and slink away.

I think anyone equipped with a bit of patience could use an off the shelf solution like game maker, etc. along with video tutorials and learn how to set up a simple game.

Like you did with that visual novel solution.

Programmers write systems from scratch. No need for that to make a tiny fluffy game.