Last Hope Chapter 3 (FluffySadist)

First
Previous
Next

A thunderstorm raged in the night. Those barbarians left anything in their wake ransacked and destroyed. I was running going in between the rubble and corpses a battle was fought here not so long ago. Looking up even when it was dark out you could still see the silhouettes of what was left of the metal and glass ruins of the skyscrapers of Chicago with the darkness making them look like jagged edges. Trying my best not to be seen I was Heading to our current outpost ready to receive my next assignment. After negotiations with Sarina leader of the One Great Herd fell apart I was told by Knight Captain Wern to report to Knight Commander Gavin for new orders. When trying get some more context from Wern he was vague saying that my next mission was not be ‘off record’ or whatever that’s supposed to mean. Once I arrived at our outpost things looked grim the place looked like a hospital there were multiple rows of beds with soldiers and knights sitting wounded from combat. Arriving at the Knight Commanders office I entered and once I saw Gavin he was looking over papers with a stressed look on his face but once he saw me I gave him a salute with him getting up and giving one back than speaking “Knight Jay good you’re finally here close the door and sit down.” Hearing Gavin’s words I close the door and sit down. “Jay I’m going to keep this simple were losing this war bad. With negotiations falling apart well be overrun by these savages in what a month!” Gavin slouches him acknowledging all of this has just seemed to have made him look even more stressed. “Because of this I’m giving you a special order do you understand?” I respond “Yes sir!” Gavin speaks as he opens his desk. “You are going to travel to the ruins of Detroit now known as the Kingdom of Motor once you get there you are going to recruit these 4 warriors and bring them back here.”

Gavin pulled out 4 drawn images of fluffies. The first was a black and white stallion Pegasus he had a dark brown mane plus being pretty muscular and having several scars on his body on the image the name Soul was written. The second was of a older fluffy stallion unicorn with a silver coat and light gray mane in addition wearing a light blue wizards robe with a pointy at of the same color on the image was the name Merlin written on it. The next an orange stallion with a small tuft of purple hair he looked different from the other two he was a lot larger with both fat and muscle guessing from his almost nonexistent mane but still having a grown body he had a less severe form of sensitive baby syndrome and of the image was the name Willy. And the final image was of a fluffy they wore a large white robe and white mask with the name Monica on it. “How are these people going to help us?” Gavin responds “In most cases I would have never asked you to do this Jay but desperate times call for desperate measures. All I’m allowed to say is the fluffies on these images are said to be powerful hero’s that go and help people or at least that’s what our intel suggests. And I wasn’t the one who suggested it was top brass who told me to plan this mission. Do you think you can do it Jay?” I speak “I can do it sir but how am I going to get there though? getting to Detroit would take 2 weeks at best And that’s just getting there!” Gavin speaks “Who said you were going to walk there?” I give a shocked look. “No you can’t be serious sir!” Gavin sighs “Desperate times call for desperate measures she is fully fueled and ready to go you are to report to her bridge at once.” I prepare to leave to the bridge Gavin speaks “Jay there’s a reason I choose you for this assignment out of everyone in this order you were always the best with forming connections with fluffies. And as a little extra if you’re able to convince them top brass told me there will be a promotion waiting for you when you get back. so do well Knight my The One guide you” I and Gavin salute and I leave heading to the bridge once I’m out of the room Gavin sits at his desk and speaks to himself “I wish you luck Jay these fluffies may very well be our Last Hope.”

[Pov Switch Soul]

It was a bright and warm summer day at Green Roof. It had been two weeks since you left Stablelot and to say a lot has changed would have been an understatement. Once the rest of the Kingdom heard of my fight with Xerxes and DarkWings betrayal Suddenly everyone knew my face. It seemed like now I couldn’t go a few feet without someone coming up to me and telling how much of an honor it was to meet me. one time even a mother even came out and asked if I could kiss her newborns forehead! I was back at Merlin’s house sitting and relaxing. Merlin was at work I asked him about the treasure maps once we got back to Green Roof he said we would eventually but he was tight on money. Monica and Willy were outside I thought joining them but decided just to stay inside since my body was still sore from all it went through this past month. Who knows maybe once I feel better I could find a place to work and help around this house but I wondered where would I work? I was thinking than I heard a knock at the door getting up and openin- “MISTAH WOUWD ‘OU WIKE TO INBEST IN STOCKS ONWY STAWTIN’ INBESTMENT OF 500$ IT WIWW BE 100% GUAWANTEED TWIPWED WIFF 0 WISK!” I shut the door instantly ugh scammers Merlin a few years ago fell for a scam like this once and gave them his address now these people come every few day’s with a different pyramid scheme. “MISTAH?” The scammer call outs I respond “GO 'WAY!” The scammer continues knocking I hate it when they do that. So I just wait than abruptly they stopped and heard what sounded like running. It was strange most of the time when they refuse to leave all I have to do is tell Willy to ask them to leave and there gone. But Willy was outside I could here them running trying to go back to relaxing I did for a few seconds than I heard a knock on the door. It was different though unlike the scammer it was much more powerful and I heard what sounded like scratching… Getting up curious I head to the door and open it unknowingly about to see something completely unbelievable.

Infront of me was not at all a fluffy. This creature had the head of a bird with a yellow beak and there head was covered white feathers and on there front feet were sharp talons there body was also one of a brown cat with them also having brown feathered wings. There back feet were cat paws and they had a tail. On there body they were wearing chainmail armor with a white cloth covering it and having a symbol of a gold talon on there chest. They carried a sword on there back and were looking right at me. I immediately ran going to my room terrified trying to find Excalibur the Stranger speaks “Wait! you have to understand I mean you no harm!” I grab Excalibur and point it at them “WHO AN’ WHAT DAH HEWW AM 'OU!” The Stranger takes a deep breath and speaks. “My name is Jay I am a Knight of The Knightly Order of Talon or it’s more common name The Order Of Talon I have come seeking you Soul.” I speak “HOW DO 'OU KNOW SOUWS NAME WHAT AM 'OU!” Jay speaks “Let me explain you see I am what is called a puffy or puffy griffin you see were a lot like you in many ways and different to me and my people mean you no harm. And for you’re second question I know you’re name because you’re fame has reached far out this Kingdoms borders and when my superiors heard about you and you’re associates they decided to send me to come recruit you’re help in our war.” I speak completely flabbergasted “WHAT!”

[20 Minutes after Jay sits Soul down giving a explanation of The Order of Talon and Puffy Griffons]

You’re having a drink with Jay things have calmed down after some time processing all that was going on so you decide to ask a question “Souw was wondewin’ since 'ou hab a cat body do 'ou hab bawbs o?-” Jay speaks before I could finish “Soul don’t not even go there. C’mon let’s stop procrastinating this is important will you help!” I speak “Souw nu know iww hab to speak wiff dah othews Jay. youw situation sounds pwetty diwe buh Souw just finished quest 2 weeks ago nao Souw hab someone showin’ up out of dah bwue askin’ fo’ Souw an’ Souw’s famiwy to twabew to somepwace Souw nebah heawd of!” Jay speaks “I apologize sorry for my bad timing bit ill tell you this The Order Of Talon when we ask others for help we pay them well. I speak. “Su ‘ou wan’ us to head to some pwace cawwed Chicago Souw got that. Buh 'ou stiww haben’t towd me who ‘ou am fightin’” Jay speaks " I was hoping not to bring them up but since you asked they call themselves The Reborn there an army of bandits and slavers we knew about them for awhile before they attacked. They were created a lot like how you’re nation was but united by a warlord named SteedHeart who when uniting all the gangs declared himself their emperor. They didn’t bother us at the beginning so we didn’t bother them that was until they launched a surprise invasion 2 months ago. When they first attacked it was a bloodbath we lost almost half our order now we barley hold with reduced ranks and some volunteer warriors.” Jay says that last part with a bit of sadness and looks down. I remember he mentioned something about negotiations and I was curious so I asked him “did ‘ou mention somethin’ about negotiations?” Jay speaks "Oh about that you see Chicago isn’t just a city of puffy griffons the city is around half puffy half fluffy. While most of the puffies are loyal to us. The other half of the city the fluffies are mostly loyal to a mare named Sarina she is the leader of The One Great Herd. And to be honest puffies and fluffies had a lot of distrust and didn’t interact much. But when the invasion began we made a plea to Sarina that if we didn’t get any help if we fell. She would fall after and they actually listened. negotiations started for The One Great Herd to join the war but recently things have fallen apart and probably aren’t going to go anywhere so I was sent to come find you to help us.

“Jay aftah heawin’ aww of dis iww hewp ‘ou. Souw nu know about dah othews iww hab to speak to them buh weww see buh am not goin’ to fowce them. An’ fo’ anothah question wet’s say we aww come wiff ‘ou what wiww we be doin’ to hewp?” Jay speaks “I don’t know I wasn’t told but it will be 100% important. And Soul you have no idea how thankful I am to hear you say that you have no idea how many lives you just saved by helping us.”

[Jay has joined the party!]

I speak “how am we goin’ to get dewe?” Jay speaks. “Oh don’t worry about it’s best just for you to talk to you’re family about what you just agreed to do” Suddenly the door swings opens as Merlin runs in not seeing you or Jay but speaks excitedly heading towards you’re room “SOUW 'OU HAB TO SEE DIS DEWE’S A GIANT BAWWOON WIFF A SHIP ATTACHED OUTSIDE!” Merlin enters and sees you and Jay he freezes for a moment than speaks “WHAT DAH FUCK AM THAT!” Fin

Thanks for reading! I can’t wait to write about Chicago I have a lot of ideas for the region that I think are going to be interesting to write about! I hope to have the next part done in a few day’s and of course constructive criticism is appreciated.

1 Like