Last Hope chapter 4 part 8 The Seer (FluffySadist)

First
Previous
Next

The ride to Breadbasket was a long and quiet one, for the first time in months I could feel the coldness in the air and I knew fall had arrived. We spent most of the time either just playing cards or looking out the window at the endless rows of ruined houses. When we arrived at the city it looked a lot different than how I remembered it, the lush foliage that covered the entire city was now almost completely gone with it being replaced by large silos holding enough food to feed Breadbasket’s population throughout the winter. Stepping out of the carriage I saw Velvet approaching us but she wasn’t alone, also walking with her was a old blue Pegasus stallion with a dark orange mane and also wearing armor and having an eyepatch on the place where is right eye should be. When they approached us Velvet spoke “I’be god to hand it to dah dwibews dey suwe got us hewe in quite dah huwwy.” Velvet looks down for a bit takes a deep breath and speaks “Bewbet has some owdews fo’ 'ou… Souw I nee’ 'ou to find dah seah.

Heading into Breadbasket I knew what I had to do. Me, Monica and the person Velvet was with Laius who I was told was the leader of the fighter’s guild. Were all assigned to find this person named The Seer. I had no idea who they were but all Velvet told me was that they knew a lot about the Order Of The Mask and were considered very important. Meanwhile Merlin, Jay and Willy surprisingly were all sent to find and recruit Xerxes. When Velvet gave them there assignment to be completely honest I felt a little down I wanted to see him again. And lastly Velvet would go see the governor of Breadbasket to do a bunch of… government stuff… I didn’t really pay attention. Me and Monica were behind Laius who after a short while of walking spoke “Since hew Majesty seems to twust 'ou Waius won’t just weabe 'ou hewe, whiwe I do aww dah wowk.” The nerve of this guy! Doing all the work! I speak “hey! 'ou nu hab to be such a jewk!” Laius speaks as he walks “hey ‘ou maybeh see dis as a nothin’ assignment buh dis guy Dah Seah is not some nobody!” While Laius just looked annoyed both me and Monica look confused and becouse of that Monica speaks to Laius. “hey waius if wewe goin’ to wowk togethah who am dis Seaw?” Laius sighs looks at Monica and speaks.

“fwom what I’be been towd he was some high wankin’ fowmah membew, had wot of inside secwets. He must of done somethin’ pwetty bad to get fwown out. Most of dah wocaws see him as just a myff.” Monica responds “Monica nebah heawd of him an’ I was… Damn he bettah be weaw.” We continued follow Laius for a bit, it started to get darker and darker as we ventured deeper inside the city where there was no sunlight. Surrounding us where small dingy houses and homeless people huddled over small fires they type of place I’d probably go if I wanted to hide Laius speaks to us. “Watch out fo’ thiebes.” I gave a weak nod and we continued, it was almost pitch black now after a few seconds Laius finally stopped and spoke. “That has to be him!” Me and Monica went to go get a better view and the fluffy we saw infront of us let’s just say was… Unique. He was a old homeless earthie and he had not a single hair on his entire body with it being covered head to hoof in ritualistic scars. He wore a stained robe that resembled an Order robe and finally. Both of his eyes were completely gouged out.

“Am 'ou dah Seah?” Laius said with a slightly hesitant tone. The figure looked at Laius smiling at him showing his stained teeth the figure spoke. “Am that a subjectibe ow objectibe question?” The figure chuckles to himself as Laius looks annoyed and speaks. “Dis am nu time fo’ games! Am 'ou dah Seah!” The figure speaks “why yes! am Dah Seah. what do ‘ou wan’ me to see fo’ 'ou? Bettah mannews!” The Seer laughs to himself and Laius looking unamused speaks “Waius was towd 'ou wewe a fowmah membah of dah Owdah Of Dah Mask. Am that twue?” The Seer suddenly stops laughing and now has a slightly surprised but angry look and he speaks “who towd 'ou that! what am 'ou hewe to finish dah job!” Laius speaks. “Nu of couwse not! I was towd to find ‘ou. Wewe fightin’ dah Owdah!” The Seer looks slightly more calm and he speaks. “Weww am not in much fightin’ condition. Su ‘ou bestes’ be on am way!” At this point I decide to chime in with me feeling annoyed by this old fool! “Wook if ‘ou nu hewp us innocent peopwe am goin’ go die! Buh who cawe just sit hewe an’ wot 'way!” The seer looked upset for and few moments and than looked at me and spoke. “Wook 'ou wittwe punk fine! If ‘ou wan’ my hewp su bad cawwy me!” Taking a deep sigh I go over to The Seer…

As I was carrying The Seer walking back to the entrance, he kept making comments about me and trying his best to make me upset. Feeling at any moment I was going to lose me cool I decided to try to change the subject. “Why do dey caww 'ou dah Seah?” The Seer stops for a moment and thinks putting his hoof on his chin and speaks “why do 'ou think?” I speak “Souw nu know maybe as some sowt of mean spiwited joke?” The Seer chuckles and speaks. “'Ou know am a funny pewson Souw! Dah weason dey caww me dah Seah am that I can see what 'ou nu can. what’s not dewe… What’s outside dis pwain of existence.” Ok this guy is completely nuts! These insiders secrets better be worth it! As we continued we eventually got outside the entrance of breadbasket. There we saw Merlin, Jay and Willy and Xerxes! Also there were all the carriages lined up and Velvet telling me to come over. Putting The Seer down I head over and Velvet speaks. "Gud ‘ou wewe abwe to find him. things went weww wiff Xewxes an’ dah gobewnow. Nao we must head to seaside wiff haste. We nee’ Dwiscowws hewp an’ awso. Dewe’s somethin’ stwange goin’ on dewe… Somethin’ inbowbin’ Dawkwing. Fin

Thank you for reading my story! I hope to have the next part done in at least a week and of course constructive criticism is appreciated.