Last Hope Chapter 5 part 3 The Labyrinth (FluffySadist)

First
Previous
Next

When I woke up I could feel Monica lying beside me, looking I saw her still sleeping and decided just for a moment that I’d continue to rest with her. I couldn’t believe what we just did! Even thinking about it now, it still felt unreal. After a few minutes of resting Monica finally started to wake up, and once she did we looked at each other and started to blush. After that I stood up stroked her back and spoke.
“Gud mownin’ sweetie!”
“Gud mowin.” Monica says
Monica stands up, and we both passionately hug and kiss each other than after that Monica looks at me and speaks.
“Am a woud moanah 'ou know that.”
I chuckle and speak.
“Yeah Souw noticed that.”
Monica chuckles than speaks
“Dah othew’s am pwobabwy waitin’ fo’ us, nu time to waste.”
We gather all of our things as we leave the room, once exited we don’t see anyone so concluded they were already at the governors building. starting to head there we stopped at a market stall just to get something for breakfast and once finished we arrived, entering and seeing everyone already packed and ready to go. Laius with an unamused expression speaks.
“Took ‘ou wong enough, thought I had to go an’ get ‘ou mysewf! Wewe weabin’ dah Seah say’s dah twip am goin’ to take 3 day’s minimum.”
We all leave the governors building and start heading to where we were told to go. And with me walking in the back I saw Merlin also there, and he saw me and almost instantly he had a smile a mile wide, he walks over to me and speaks.

“Wow Souw Mewwin couwdn’t bewiebe 'ou two actuawwy did it!”
Dammit he knows, 3 days of Merlin’s horrible nonstop jokes I have to listen to now! I speak.
“Yeah su!”
Merlin raises his eyebrow as he speaks.
“Did it feew gud!”
“Yeah…” I say
As we continue walking Merlin keeps pestering me trying to get as many details as he can. After a few more minutes of this we finally arrive at where our journey will start. There I saw a giant tunnel with signs covering it conveying to turn back and city limits, also there I saw Greybeard and the captain with Laius going up to Greybeard and speaking.
“Guess dis am goodbye fwend. If we nu come back in week seaw dis tunnew got that.”
Hearing that the tunnel would be sealed if we didn’t come back put me on edge. Thinking about this place being a tomb is something I didn’t want to think about. Greybeard speaks.
“Gud wuck Waius, ‘ou an’ am comwade am doin’ Motow a gweat honow.”
And with a sigh Laius is the first to enter followed by us, all into the abyss. At first the tunnel was pretty empty and peaceful, with us using torches and lanterns to light the way. We all basically went in a straight line with the occasional curve thrown in and at once we did see something pretty interesting around an hour in, something that looked liked a giant metal snake and when one of the guards mentioned it to The Seer he spoke saying something about a ‘train’ or whatever.

After a few more hours of walking we got to our first divide in the path telling The Seer he speaks.
“Dis am dah fiwst dibide pwetty simpwe compawed to dah west just head wite.”
walking towards the right we continued and as we walked I heard something the sound of… Whimpering, looking to see where it came I looked behind seeing Willy in the back with his hoof in his mouth and tears rolling down his eyes, going up to see what was wrong I speak.
“What’s wwong Wiwwy?”
Willy who just started noticing me begins to wipe his tears as he speaks.
“Miss housie!”
Hearing that I give Willy a hug as I speak.
“yeah Souw to… A wot. Buh nu wowwy soon weww be home an’ ebewythin’ wiww be bettah. Souw know it.”
Me saying this seemed to have calmed Willy down and things continued. As we kept coming there came more and more divides in the path and we kept entering smaller and smaller tunnels. Being in these dark cramped tunnels I had no idea witch direction we were going or even how to get back if I wanted to. I felt something, a mix up dread and anxiety that same type of feeling I remember having when I overlooked the ruins of Chicago for the first time.

After what felt like forever Laius had decided it was time for us to rest for… I have no idea what time it is but I guess night? We laid down a bunch of makeshift sleeping bags with there being a few on guard duty. I was sat right next to the Seer and with me curious and him just relaxing I asked him a question.
“Hewwo Seah, Souw was wondewin’ why wewe 'ou kicked fwom dah Owdew?”
The Seer looks at me keeping his calm expression he speaks.
“‘Ou know Souw dewe was a time whewe we took that ‘schowaw’ wabew a wot mowe sewiouswy an’ it wasn’t just a wie. Back den dah Owdah was a wot mowe diffewent, dewe wewe a wot mowe points of biews on aww sowts of things. I was dah weadah of dah coopewationist faction, a faction that wanted to wowk wiff dah just wecentwy cwowned Maximus. We thought maybe if we opened up to dah west of dah wowwd we couwd hewp make things bettah an webuiwd. If onwy things had gone diffewentwy…”
The Seer say’s the last part with a tone of sadness as he sighs. Having even more questions I speak.
“What changed, how did things get to dah point whewe 'ou wewe exiwed?”
The Seer responds.
“Can bwame dah Gwandmastah fo’ that. He was dah weadah of dah supwemacy faction. a faction dah had gained massibe popuwawity an’ was abwe to secuwe dah Gwandmastewship. Seah wemembah wite when dah cuwwent Gwandmastew’s owdination cewemony was finished. I saw wookin’ out window. Wookin’ down at his suppowtews who wewe puwgin’ anyone dey deemed ‘thweat’ he had wook of puwe ebiw somethin’ fowebah buwned in my memowy. When I stawted awguin’ that dis was wwong an’ that dis wasn’t what dah Owdah was founded as I guess that was enough to deem me a ‘twaitow’ an’ I was beaten unconscious an’ when Seah woke up I was missin’ my eye’s, sebewaw scaws on my body, an’ I was nao in a pwace cawwed Bweadbasket.”
Hearing all of this I was silent I couldn’t believe what I’ve been told. Looking over to the Seer was was going to tell him goodnight but when I saw him he was already asleep so lying down I sleep.

When we all woke up we all had a short breakfast before it was back to walking 1/3 the way there. As we walked I was pretty surprised we didn’t run into any Order resistance, was that passage that secret? Continuing I could start to feel our path starting to descent down getting deeper and deeper underground and the air getting thick with dust making it hard to breath. As we continued to walk I flinched for a second as I heard a loud noise but brushing it aside we continued walking. After a bit of this I started to have the feeling somebody was watching us, after the loud noise I kept hearing this like something coming from the vents I kept thinking like this until we made the most perplexing and dreadful discovery… Down the hall we were in I could see a room and unlike all the others light admitted from it… And several fluffy shaped silhouettes as well. Fin

Thank you for reading my story! I’m trying out a new way of formatting and would love some feedback on it! I hope to have the next part done in at least a week. And of course constructive criticism is appreciated.