Sam Adams Gaiden II - Mirk & Greentea (Author:Oculus)

Samuel Adams Gaiden II
by Oculus

continued from Part 6

~What is a Fosterfluffy?~

You want to know more about the Fosterfluffy, and why the white Pinkyfluffy said that they were the best breed in the world. At the current moment, Sam seems preoccupied with Giuseppe about acquiring a Pinkyfluffy for himself, so you approach the white pinkyfluffy for more information. ( >>45397 )

“Yes, kind mistah?”
“What is a Fosterfluffy?”

The white fluffy smiles. He fully understands that his two languages, Italian and fluffspeak, are a little incomprehensible to you, and thus, he would not be able to articulate the point on his mind. Instead, he goes to a cabinet. With a meticulous use of his mouth and hooves, he carries a number of photos and documents, as he places them on the table for you to peruse. The photos shows various pictures of a boy with his pet fluffy. You then read the document and learn that the Fosterfluffy was the name given to a rare, but specific designer breed of fluffy. The breed was made rather recently, and it is possible that the team behind the fluffy breed may produce more of the designer fluffies in future. ( >>53274 )

You can really feel the love that the boy has for the designer fluffy he had. The document mentions that the boy was a victim of child abuse, while the fluffy was found abandoned. That fact was unusual, given the rather remote and controlled status of the Fosterfluffy breed. It is unknown as to how this specific fosterfluffy breed ended up abandoned. Nevetheless, the foal bonded with the child, and has proven to be a good companion animal. The discrepancy is too strong at the moment. You learn that the boy, as well as the few fluffies of the Fosterfluffy programmer, are currently based back home. Since you’re in an ABAP building, it is obvious what the next step is. ( >>53412 )
“We’re going to Spain.”

Wait.

WHAT?!

“You heard me. We’ll be staying in Italy for a few days. We’ll then head to Spain by plane.”
“Can’t we just use The Door? I’m pretty sure, with how advanced fluffies are in Italy, they absolute have their own version of The Door.”
“Well yes lad. As a matter of fact they do. But see, after what happened the past few times, and with how you ended up in an alternate reality because of the usage of the Door, I think it is safer if we actually travelled ‘properly’ for this one.” ( >>56187 )

Sam is already passing you the documents, including a sick leave. As you take the documents from Sam, you voice a thought on your mind

“I’ve been thinking of leaving my job.”

Raising an eyebrow, Sam asks “Oh really?”
“I think, no matter how much you may buy off my boss, my friends are work are already starting to suspect that I am spending more time gallivanting with you over fluffies.”
“But that’s a bit sudden, don’t you think?”
“Nah, I gave it a good long hard thought. I think I’ll tend in my resignation once we get back from Spain.”

Sam looks at you. There is a slight air of guilt in his face, fully aware of how much he took your enthusiasm for granted. He then offers, “If you want, I could find a vacancy at ABAP. Or help you find work.”
“That is what I’m thinking of.”

Sam gives a sheepish smile. Trying to get his mind off the conversation, he starts talking to you about the various landmarks in Italy.

~

You are currently in your room at the Holiday Inn in Rome. You’re surprised Sam has gotten you a cheaper hotel ticket this time round, but he mentioned that the reservations for the other hotels were booked. Also, the hotel in question was next to some good locations for sightseeing. It is late at night. In his room, Sam is currently attending to two pinkyfluffies he acquired from ABAP Italia. ( >>56677 )

As for you, you look out, across from your hotel room, and see Rome come alive. You see the Italians walking about with their usual lives. You see the occasional cat and dog. And along with all this, you see the Pinkyfluffies, some moving in orderly herds, some as tight knit families, and some with their human caretakers. The Pinkyfluffies have become a veritable part of the Italian culture. It feels too surreal, given how simplistic and childish that fluffies could be back home. But then you remember the time you saw the Fluffy city that was built by Mangoalie, KMEB and Renaissance fluffies. While the Pinkyfluffies integrated themselves into Italian society, the concept was rather similar. ( >>51689 )

And yet at the same time, you can’t shake off the feeling that maybe, you ARE in another parallel dimension, and Sam was lying to you this whole time. Or perhaps, and more insidiously, the Pinkyfluffies were from another dimension, but their history merged with the natural timeline of your world. After all, the influx of Mutagen fluffies in the 1980s world of the Postfluff was out-of-place, suggesting an invasion of sorts. ( >>56408 ) But, what if the Pinkyfluffies were truly native to your timeline, independent of said shenanigans? Just their intelligence and versatility alone would question and challenge most popular perceptions of fluffies, especially in the English-speaking world.

Its getting too much to think about. You switch off the lights, and lad down on your bed. And after a good while, you close your eyes.

~

You’re in the void once again

You’re not sure how you got back here. The last thing you remember was falling asleep in your hotel room in Rome. You didn’t go through any of the fluffy teleportation devices, or was near to any fluffy like the Fluffsplosion or Squeakyfriend breed, so it feels unusual. Sam mentioned that while Pinkyfluffies were capable of breaking the laws of physics, they have not done so to the level of achieving teleportation. That, and they are a somewhat practical breed, so spacetime manipulation would not be beneficial to them.

“Hello again, old friend.”

A ray of light shines upon a familiar face. The figure of a wizened old man seated on a rocking chair. A face that you thought you would never see again.

“Sam.”

But not the Samuel Adams you know. The elderly Sam from the reality where he worked for Hasbio. Or, as the Mr Adams-you-know would call him, “the evil Sam.”

“I thought we weren’t going to meet again. And how did you even manage t-”

S W A G

An amorphous shape flies across your face. A blob of uncertain consistency, it hovers beside Hasbio Sam, before reforming itself, and becoming the recognizable face of a Fillialcacophony fluffy. Remembering the events of the First of April, you have already deduced what is going on.

“So you did have hand in all of this.”
“I suppose. Though to be more exact, its more Mac’s doing here.”
“Mac?”
“Macavity. Thats the name of this Fillialcacophony fluffy. He tends to act on his own a lot.”

You’re getting impatient, as you raise your index finger towards the Hasbio Sam.

“Why did you bring me here? Why are you fucking with my mind?”

“Well, you wanted to know what a Fosterfluffy was. There’s not many fosterfluffies in your world to introduce you, but there is something about the Fosterfluffy in my world, which is why I got Mac’s help to enter your mind.”

~

Hasbio Sam snaps his fingers. Within moments, you find yourself in a dense forest. Or to be more precise, sitting on a tree branch. Fighting against gravity, you grab on to one of the branches. In doing so, you get a glimpse of what the Habsio Sam wanted to show you.

A fluffy society had hollowed out some of the trees in this forest, complete with makeshift ‘windows’ in their homes. A town ‘crier’ is making announcements, reminding everyone to be on their guard for ‘scawy munstahs’. A blue stallion, with red facepaint, wooden armour, and a brave look in his eyes, ventures out of the limits of his society, perhaps to investigate a disturbance. ( >>53237 ) It reminds you a lot of the Fluffy city that the Hasbio Sam showed you.

“Is this related to that fluffy city?”
“No, this is something else. This is the capability of the Fosterfluffy. It seems to be a trait that keeps happening, despite Hasbio’s attempt to prevent it. Sometimes we make them too unintelligent as biotoys, and they do not perform their job. But when we make them too intelligent as pets, even with the fluffspeak, they end up doing things we don’t want.”

“But why would you not want this? The Pinkyfluffies in Italy seem to go on fine living independently of humans, and even benefitting them.”
“Your reality is not the same as ours. But I have other things to show you.”

Sam snaps his fingers again, and everything goes dark.

~Mirk and Greentea~

Hasbio Sam then claps his hands once. And you find yourself in a licensed fluffmart. There are the various types of fluffies on display

But you see a breed of fluffy that is advertised as brand new, released from Hasbio. Unlike other fluffies, especially of the types you recognized, this particular fluffy has more of an equine body, snout and shape. You feel like you have seen this kind of Fluffy before. ( >>31060 )

31060 - artist_mirk cute doodle hugbox realism safe

“Is that a Fluffus?”

Sam is beside you. You wave around at the surroundings and realize that this is all a ‘hologram’.

"One thing about dreams is that, constructs need not be physical. I can conjure up various images and memories here that you can view, but not interact with. This is why I don’t need to use a VR device.

And no, it is not a Fluffus. Its a Mirk."

“Another one of those rare breeds?”
“Yes.”

You observe the Mirk fluffy. An optimistic individual, he goes to the fluffies that are being sold as ‘snake food’ and tries to encourage them. He does the same for a pillowed fluffy. ( >>31063 , >>31070 )

“He seems incredibly chipper, despite the rather dire situation these fluffies are in.”
“Indeed. A pity this was a limited release product.”

“What the hell do you mean by ‘limited release’?”

Instead of answering your question, Sam snaps his fingers.

~

You find yourself in a room. A woman is lying on the bed, covering herself with a blanket, sobbing uncontrollably. Her green haired fluffy walks around her, before nuzzling into her face. The woman, who as suffering from depressions, finds comfort in her pet fluffy, and cuddles with it. ( >>46967 )

“Thats endearing. And I’ve never seen this fluffy before.”
"A Greentea. Like the Mirk, only a few of these fluffies were ever made.

Sadly, as with many breeds in my world, they’re not fully cherished."
“How could anyone hate fluffies like these?”

“You’d be surprised.”
And within moments, you hear the voices attack you, like an incoming wave. ( >>47781 )

"Pour acid on the shit rat "
"Kill it "
“Put it in a blender”
" Fucking cancer "
" Someone please kill this little fucker. "

Like a torrent of pure negativity, the cavalcade of emotions calling for torture and abuse overwhelms you. Covering your ears and closing your eyes, you cry out.

“STOP IT, PLEASE!”

~

You open your eyes again, and find yourself in a laboratory setting. You see Chip, the fluffy of the Mirk breed, and Matcha, of the Greentea breed. Both of them are preserved in two seperate vats of fluid, both of them, long dead.

In realization, you raise your voice at the Hasbio Sam, who is still by your side.

“DID YOU-?!”

Hasbio Sam holds his hand up, as he explains, "No, they lived full lives. But, because they were so rare, and they had their own genetic markers, we had to requisition their corpses upon death for study. The creators of this breeds might never come back, which is why they are so unique.

In the cases of the Waggytail, KMEB and Carpdime, enough fluffies were produced of each breed that a budding Hasbio engineer or amateur breeder could attempt making new versions of recreations. ( >>30543 , >>56610 ) Its why the Carpdime breed was an influence on the AIDS and FierceDeityLynx breeds. But in the case of breeds like the Mirk and Greentea, there were too few of them, and they were never continued."

~The Culling~

You care little for what Sam has said. In your mind, both fluffies had belonged to owners and had happy lives. However, instead of a dignified death and burial, they were taken away from their owners and place in vats by Hasbio, as if they were property. Clenching your fist, you make your protest to Sam.
“You can’t just treat fluffies as products!"

"But they are. They are property of Hasbio Inc. Well, at least in my reality.”
“Fluffies have rights!”

“I’m aware. But that’s your reality. In mine, they don’t. We, at Hasbio, own them, And if we want to recall a defective product, we can, and WILL do so.”

In full utter contempt and disgust you sneer at him, your eyebrow raised, as you harp on that word he said, “What do you mean, ‘defective’?”

Hasbio Sam’s face is emotionless. He delivers his lines and thoughts as if they were facts

"Sometimes, an executive at Hasbio may feel that a certain breed is a liability. Other times, a creator may dislike the work he has done, and call for a recall of the breed.

In times like those, that is when we do a product recall."

~

And within moments, you see the horrific sight of hundreds of fluffies of the famous Quickhorn breed, hunted by exterminators, caught, and then liquated. Some humanely, some haphazardly. In some cases, ground up for more biomaterial. ( >>24279)

As the sight of blood, guts and gore flood your eyes, you see an image of a younger version of the Hasbio Sam, overseeing the carnage. The face of the younger Hasbio Sam becomes that of an older Sam,. But the carnage remains, this time, with a newer breed of fluffy undergoing the process of being recalled, and culled. ( >>56711 )

You grab Hasbio Sam by the collar. He’s a frail old man, but he has invaded your mind.

“Why the fuck are you showing me this?!! WHY?!!”

"It is a reality of Hasbio you have to accept. Your reality has it lucky, where fluffies were better treated and have rights, but even in your reality, the early generations of fluffies were liable for recall, and with it, culling.

This is the reason why you will not see another Aichi or Quickhorn anywhere, where it is for sale, or in the wild. It is a fact in both of our realities. Unless someone has preserved it somewhere illegally. As it is, we now have to recall the Fluffycommissions breed, because of a defect."

Sickened by what he has shown you, and knowing full well what your Sam has said, you rebuke him, and declare to his face,

“Sam was right. You ARE evil.”

Hasbio Sam’s face remains emotionless.

"Abuse will always happen to some unlucky fluffy. Even in a kinder world. Its why people like Muffin continue their work in the care and adoption of abused fluffies like pillowfluffs. ( >>55900 ) And soon, you will meet Coalheart fluffies, and one of the earliest fluffy shelters. ( >>6904 )

But the coin is always two-sided. And this is reality of Hasbio that you must understand."
"I don’t give a fuck about it!!”

And with every breath in your body, you cry out, “JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!"

~

You are awake in your bed in the Italian hotel room. It is only 4am.

You look around. You say the word.

“Fillialcacophony.”

Nothing. No “swag”. You’re safe, for now.

You bury your face in your hands, and you start to cry. The privacy of your mind has been invaded. And even though the fluffies you know fare better, a lot of what the Hasbio said is undoubtedly true. You fear what else he might have in store for you.

END OF GAIDEN

continues in Part 7

10 Likes

Pastebin entry: SAM12 - Samuel Adams Gaiden II - Pastebin.com

I hesitated on reuploading this, as I consider this to be the worst written part of the Sam Adams Guide that I’ve done. It was written at time when I was struggling with the intended narrative flow for the next part, when I realized that it would be better to attempt another gaiden. These experimental side-stories, or gaiden, seems to be useful for exploring themes and ideas that I prefer to leave out of the “main” Sam Adams parts or features.

The Sam Adams Guide is a complex derivative meta lore series, it does not aim to give a comprehensive history of the booru. Rather, its meant more to be a tribute series, as well as a loveletter to hugbox. As such, I am not planning to cover every artist (though I will try to cover as many significant hugboxers and neutralboxers as possible). However, I feel that the series should also discuss some matters relevant to the booru, owing to its metafictional nature. This gaiden was written at a time when a severe event happened that, in my opinion, marked the coming demise of the booru.

Some notes on this gaiden:

• In case it needs to be spelled out, a fluffy breed is capable of teleportation if the artist the breed was based on has done animation.
  • Macavity is less evil and more of a chaotic neutral presence. Also, and while I didn’t intend to use him further initially, Habsio Sam seems to be shaping up to be the antagonist of my series.
  • I hope this will be the only time I use the abuse tag for this series. Also, while it is uncharacteristic for a primarily hugbox series to discuss abuse, I feel it is necessary, given the hugbox story that Part 7 will pay tribute to.
  • if enough people dislike this chapter though, I will delete. Mirk & Greentea, while they may have not conributed much, may deserve a better tribute
2 Likes

I either forgot about Mirk and Greentea or never even heard of them. Makes me think just how many people I don’t know about.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of artists that are now forgotten, especially if they did only a few pcis, or if they deleted their content before major attempts at archiving. And with the death of the booru, its even more likely a lot of people will be forgotten. Mirk caught my interest due to how unique his designs were, and Greentea’s hugbox had the first comments from Carpdime in over two years of absence.

2 Likes