"Wun Wub, Wun Heawt" Part 2 by NobodyAtAll

Part 1

You make your way back from Flufftopia to your apartment, carefully holding the carrier containing Marley up to your chest, while Marley peeks out at the world around the two of you with an adorable look of wonder on his face. He’s probably never been outside the store before, and even to a fluffy as chill as him, it’s exciting.

You enter the lobby and make your way into the elevator. Marley suddenly looks worried as the elevator starts moving.

“Don’t worry, little dude. This is called an elevator. It’ll take us up to my… sorry, our home. I’ve already got a saferoom set up, you’re gonna love it.”

Marley coos as you stroke his fluff.

You are Marley, and you’re having the best day ever!

Your new daddeh is very nice. His eyes are all reddies, and he smells a bit funny, but he’s your new daddeh, so you love him anyway.

You were a bit scaredies when you and your daddeh went into the big scary moving room, but he told you it was just taking you to your new housie and that calmed you down.

Now you’re in your daddy’s housie, and he’s taking you to the saferoom!

“Here it is, little buddy.”

He opens the door and… wow.

It’s soooo big!

There’s a big soft bed, and a litterbox, and a nummies place, and toysies! Lots of toysies! Blockies and balls and stuffy friends! There’s see-through tubies even a big fluffy can walk through, even a big “cawstwe”! You know you won’t be able to play with all of them at once, but that’s alright. There’s no need to rush.

This is the best saferoom ever!

Your daddeh shows you around the room. When he gets to the litterbox, he starts explaining about good poopies going in the litterbox, but you tell him you already know. (All fluffies sold at Flufftopia are taught about this.) You waddle into the box and make the poopies you’d been holding in to prove it. Your daddeh is very impressed.

After the tour is over, he steps out of the room, and tells you he’ll check on you in a bit. You start playing with some blockies, stacking them up, before you start to smell the funny smell that came from your daddy, and you hear your daddy cough a few times in the next room.

You step over the fluffy-proof gate, sit down on the couch (still in view of the saferoom) and, lighting up a spliff, start reading a book that Mark lent you before you left the store: So You’ve Decided To Get A Fluffy: A Beginner’s Guide To Fluffy Ownership, by one Dr. Deston Faucheuse. You’ve never heard of the guy, but judging by the quotes on the back, it’s gotten rave reviews.

It’s surprisingly thick, but there turns out to be a lot of things first time owners don’t know. There’s three entire chapters on all the mistakes new owners make: breeding their mares too young (which apparently causes something called Bitch Mare Syndrome), being too generous with treats and rewards (the fluffies come to expect being rewarded for doing the bare minimum), holding the sorry stick wrong (there’s a guide on how to hold it properly, to minimise the damage done).

You pause when you read one particular passage.

“Most owners make the mistake of adopting only one fluffy. This has been proven to be very harmful to the fluffy’s psychological development. Fluffies are, by nature, social creatures, hardwired to crave social interaction and companionship, and interaction with only their owner is not sufficient. Especially if their owner spends a lot of time outside of the house (such as at work), away from the fluffy. The social deprivation this causes may push the fluffy into the dreaded wan die loop. I highly recommend that you adopt at least two fluffies of the same age, or that you take your fluffy somewhere where they can interact with other fluffies of their age. Ideally, you should be doing both of these things. Although, if you do choose to adopt multiple fluffies, I suggest that you choose fluffies of the same sex, or fluffies that have been neutered or spayed, otherwise you will have to keep an eye on them constantly, lest you find yourself with more fluffies than you can handle!”

Well, shit. You don’t have a job, you don’t really need one after your parents died, but you do spend a lot of time outside the house, and you don’t know if Marley is chill enough to not go into a… what did the guy call it, a wan die loop if you leave him alone for a few hours.

You know what to do, as you walk over to the saferoom.

“Hey Marley, we need to go back to the store real quick, dude.”

Marley stops playing with blocks and looks up at you.

Chirp. Mawwey goin back tu stowe? Daddeh nu wub Mawwey nu mowe?”

“No no no, it’s just that we forgot something.”

You carefully place Marley back into his carrier, and make your way out.

As the two of you enter Flufftopia, Mark looks up.

“You’re bringing him back already?”

“Nah man, I was reading the book you gave me, and it says I should have another fluffy to keep Marley company when I’m not around. Also, do you know if there’s any fluffy daycare around here, or meetups, or something like that?”

Mark looks relieved.

“Oh, well, there’s a few daycares in the neighborhood, and I’m part of a group that arranges playdates at the local park, we’ve got a page on Fluffbook.”

“…What the hell is Fluffbook?”

Mark explains. Apparently, it’s a new social media site for fluffy owners. Made for arranging playdates, posting cute pictures of fluffies, helping relocate unwanted fluffies to new homes, and returning lost fluffies to their owners, as well as an “adult” section for those who are looking for fluffy studs to breed their mares. They’ve got a strict policy against abuse. You make a mental note to make an account when you get home. First, you need to pick out a new friend for Marley!

You and your daddeh are back at the store. Daddeh told you that he’s going to get a new friend for you, so you don’t have to be alone when he’s not around. You’re happy to hear this. You did miss the other babbehs, and you’ll be happy that one of them will be coming to live with you!

You walk down the same aisle you met Marley in. You want to get a fluffy of the same age as him, preferably one from the same pen, so it’s someone he already knows and gets along with. And you want another boy fluffy, to prevent any accidental pregnancies. You don’t want to neuter the little guys, because the idea of taking anyone’s balls away disgusts you, and you might want them to be studs when they’re old enough.

It doesn’t take long. You find a fluffy whose colors are just as good as Marley’s.

He’s a unicorn colt, with purple fluff, and a green mane and tail. Usually, a unicorn’s horn is the same color as the body, but this fluffy’s horn is green, like the mane.

Thanks, doc!

“Hey little guy, I’m looking for a second fluffy, do you want me to be your new daddy?” you ask, stroking his purple fluff.

Peep! Nice mistah be nyu daddeh? Babbeh wub nyu daddeh!” he coos.

You ask Marley what he thinks.

“Puwpwe babbeh am gud babbeh. Vewy gud fwend of Mawwey, awways shawe toysies. Chirp.

Well that settles it. You wave Mark over, and in five minutes, you’re at the counter, the two fluffies cooing and hugging each other in the carrier, while Mark is ringing up your purchase of one more fluffy, plus a second fluffy bed, and some extra food and bowls. The first bed is big enough for two fluffy foals, but you’re sober enough to think ahead, and the book said fluffies grow fast. Then you just have to register the details in the system, and name your fluffy. Fortunately, like with Marley, you knew immediately what you were going to call him.

“Piccolo.”

Part 3

24 Likes

Marley seems like a total bro. I can tell that I’m gonna like this fluffy.

9 Likes

really like this story so far, i hope piccolo and marley get allow while having diffrent personalitys

3 Likes

Yeah, Piccolo’s going to be more like the typical fluffy: full of energy and cheer, but I’ll try not to make him Generic Fluffy #14685348843. The great thing about starting a story with foals is you don’t have to have their entire personality decided at the beginning. He’ll be a foil to Marley, who is as chill as a fluffy can get without locking the bugger in the freezer, and takes pretty much everything in stride. Though Marley is still a fluffy, and there are some things fluffies are hardwired to react to intensely, like the exuberant reaction to the promise of sketties.

4 Likes

daily dose

3 Likes

God dammit, is there no escape?

2 Likes

No escape from your daily dose
images (1)

2 Likes

2 Likes