Maple's Adoption Event! [By Maple]

“Welcome to the Maple St. Public shelter! We have so many available fluffies just waiting for loving homes!” A chubby man with poofy red hair greets you at the front desk. “Come with me and we’ll get you introduced to our shelter residents!”

He leads you down a corridor to a door labeled “ADOPTABLE”. “These are all our adults, they’re all fully vaccinated, trained, and housebroken. Any of them catch your eye?”

A soft sobbing grabs your attention. In a kennel by the door is a strange looking fluffy, mottled green and brown. He quietly whimpers to himself, head on his hooves.

“Ah, that’s Wizard, he’s actually green. We got him from another shelter, one that didn’t recognize that he’d had a bottle of hair dye dumped over him. It will grow out.” He steps over to the cage. Wizard lifts his head, green streaks making their way down his cheeks where his tears have washed the dye out.

“Mistah… fin Wizawd’s daddeh?” The fluffy asked.

“Sorry bud, we didn’t. We might find you a new daddy though!”

Wizard returned to his sobbing, muzzle buried in his hooves.

“He’s still holding out hope of his old owner coming for him, poor thing.” The man shook his head sadly. “Below him is Buddy.” He pointed to a pink alicorn rolling a ball between his hooves. “He doesn’t talk much. He’s a rescue from one of those greetings foals company, we found him laying in the gutter. He was trained to only say a specific phrase, anything else and he would get punished.” Buddy looked up at you, curious. You gave him a small wave and he waved a hoof back before going back to rolling his ball around.

“Anyway, we have a few more in the play area.” He led you across the small room where a few fluffies played. “Hi ladies! Do you all want to introduce yourselves?”

A white pegasus with a muted blue mane perks up. “WUNA CAN! NAMSIE AM WUNA, AND DIS WUNA’S FWEND WU-”

“Luna! What have I told you about that!” The man snaps. Luna shrinks, flattening her ears down.

“Sowwy mistah.”

“Luna here has a bad habit of changing other fluffies names. A problem if you have multiple, so I’d recommend she be a solo pick. She also is banned from most of the local daycares.”

“Dey nu fun anyway.” Luna mutters, stomping off towards the blocks.

“Am mistah working fo new fwens?” A brown earthie with a pink mane asked. “Mabwe am guud fwend!”

“This girl is Mable, she’s still getting over the death of her last owner but she’s a very well behaved fluffy.”

Mable nodded. “Daddeh gu foebah sweepies, an Mabwe miss him bewwy much. Buh Daddeh nu want Mabwe be sad foebah, Daddeh wan Mabwe be happeh.”

The man bent down to pat her on the head. “That’s right honey.”

“If mistah nu wan Mabwe, mabbeh wan oddah fwuffy?” She pointed with a hoof to where a lavender unicorn was cowering with her face hidden by her hooves.

“Yeah… she’s a feral, doesn’t have a name yet. She’s awfully shy, she lost her foals to abusers, we found her in an alleyway with a minor head injury. Don’t worry though, there’s no major damage and she’s been cleared for adoption. Hey sweetie!” He called to the shivering mare. “Don’t you want to say hello?”

The mare didn’t uncover her face, mumbling a quick “hewwo” from under her hooves.

“If you’re up for the challenge I’m sure she’ll be a wonderful pet. She’s incredibly obedient, took to litter training like a pro.”

You pause, looking over the gathered fluffies. The man notices your indecisiveness and chimes in.

“We also have some foals, if that’s more your type.” He leads you out of the room and to a bulletin board with pictures of fluffies pinned to it. “These are the fluffies being fostered outside the shelter. We have a litter of interesting foals needing homes.”

He pointed to a picture of a sea green alicorn with a long blue mane surrounded by her foals. “This is Siren, she’s got a unique mane. Very long and never tangles, though I’ve heard it’s not the best texture. Most of her foals got it as well, and they’re alicorn friendly if that matters to you.”

He pointed to the first foal, a deep blue unicorn colt with a grey mane clipped short. “That’s Bluejay, he’s got her mane. Brave little guy, bit of a trouble maker.”

“Next to him, they yellow pegasus with the mint green mane, that’s Feather, she has a normal mane.”

“On the other side, the two grey brothers, the yellow mane is Lighting and the blue is Rain. Quite the pair, they have to be adopted together. They have her mane as well.”

“The green alicorn is Kelpie, she’s not up for adoption through us. The breeder who owns her father has her up for sale though if you’re interested.” The man sighed heavily. “Wish I could afford her, she’s a work of art.”

He put his finger on the light blue pegasus with a white mane. “This one… I’m sure he has a name, but the owner got really cagey when I asked about it. I think he’s available as well? I’ll ask if you’re interested.”

You peer closely at the blue pegasus, he’s almost cropped out of the picture despite being positioned between his mother’s hooves, as if their owner was hiding something about him.

“And that’s basically our stock! We have another feral family in the back but… I think they might have a one way ticket to skettiland if you know what I mean.” He elbowed you in the ribs playfully. “The mare is a real piece of work, and her foals are really no better. If you really want something like that…” He trails off, looking over his shoulder to see if anyone is around. “I could be convinced to accidentally put her up for adoption if you make it worth my while.” He winks.

“Anyway, enough chattering from me! Who’s going home with you today?”

And now to break character, anyone want these fluffies? I felt kinda bad leaving them in limbo, especially Lizard, so I want to offer them out to y’all! No rules, no requirements. These will be your fluffies to shove into whatever box you want them to be in. First come first serve, who’s still available and what they’re from will be listed below.

If you do anything else with them, please tag me! I’d love to see it!

Lizard- Taken
Buddy- Taken
Luna (original)- Taken
Mable- Taken
Unnamed Mare- Taken
Siren’s Foals:
Bluejay- Taken
Feather- Taken
Lightning & Rain- Taken
Kelpie- Taken
Carpet Muncher- Taken
Unicorn Mummah and foals- Taken

5 Likes

ohhhhh im real real tempted to ask for Lizard Buddy and the unamed mare- oh they’d make a lovely trio if they can get along

1 Like

As the one responsible for the genesis of the story which is concentrated sadbox, I’d like to lay claim to Mable.

2 Likes

How come you’re giving these fluffs up? Too many to want to do stuff for?

2 Likes

Honestly I’m torn between Buddy and the lavender unicorn… but I’m starting to lean more towards. Would it be okay if I had him if he isn’t already spoken for?

2 Likes

Someone find Lizard’s original owner!

3 Likes

I’ll adopt Buddy if no one else will.

2 Likes

Let me Snag kelpie, I bet she’d make a great pal for my alicorn colt Oreo

2 Likes

Ill take carpet muncher

1 Like

I’ll take Mable, if that’s alright! I read her story and it made me cry so I wanna give her a nice home ^ ^

1 Like

I have plans for the pointy twats if I can have them

1 Like

may i get luna please? im looking for a mare, so if luna is not available id like the unnamed mare

1 Like

I’m so sorry y’all, had a flare up and am doling out fluffies now! Should be updated in just a moment.

1 Like

She’s all yours!

2 Likes

Because this is more popular than I expected, I’m gonna say you can have one of these. Because you asked first though I’ll give you the choice!

1 Like

i dont really have further to go with any of them and it seems a shame to leave them all in literary limbo.

1 Like

all yours!

2 Likes

All yours!

2 Likes

They’re all yours! have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

All yours!!

1 Like