The Harwell Homestead p8 [by Luciferthefluffyreaper25]

(Hey all I’m back after a nice relaxing weekend with another chapter in the exciting story of Atlas and the Harwell Homestead! Hope yall enjoy this softer chapter after the last ones brutality!)

Steven and I took the rest of day to set up the saferoom for my adopted fluffies and maybe the outside ferals to visit as long as they behaved and treated my fluffies well. It was a lot of hardwork nailing down each soft padding peice and adding all the electic outlets to prevent the fluffies from getting into it. After interupting their game of huggie tag we took them to their new saferoom where they’d often spend most of their day in.

“Angew wove safewoom daddeh!” Angel chirped as she ran around with Orange Peel who was in silent awe of this massive fun room built soley for play.

“Fank ‘ou fo’ dah safewoom daddeh guawdian wub keepin’ babbehs safes!” Guardian said cheerfully as it meant he could relax a bit more as no fluffy could possibly break down or even open the door to the saferoom meaning no one got in or out without me or Steven.

“No problem guys have fun I’m gonna clean up and then check on the outside fluffies then I’ll come back and play!” I said happily to them as Orange Peel and Angel continued their game of huggie tag as they giggled and pranced about the new room.

Steven then pulled me aside before I went outside. “Hey man I hate to he a bother but what are we gonna do about it? Like are you sure it won’t get out?” He said sounding almost nervous and scared.

“Steven that door is 6 inches of solid Steal, my grandfather used to keep his Ammunitions and explosives in their and unless that shitrat as access to high-grade military serious putty (thermite) we are fine.” I say softly.

“Are you ok man you’ve been a bit shaken up since that night in the forest…?” I say as he was looking out towards the herd out the back window.

“Y-yeah… I-I’ll be f-fine…” he said with a semi fake smile.

“Hey look man your welcome to stay here as long as you want besides having a semi doctor here isn’t the worst.” I say with a smile as I go to the door.

“Y-yeah and I don’t have any experiments running so I-its fine” he said snapping out of his gaze.

I made a mental reminder to check up on him more often now as something seemed off about him. I as I was thinking my thought process was interupted by a yell.

“Nu appwoach munsta daddeh, hewd nu wan’ any twoubwe” A toughie fluffy said as I got closer to the fence.

"Hey bud its ok I contained the monster he won’t hurt you guys anymore, I came to check up on you guys. " I say softly as I kneel next to the fence gate.

“Nu smawtie fwend wime say nu wet munsta daddeh into hewd wand” he said with pufffed cheeks.

“I have some sketty treats” I say as I pull a packet of sketty flavored treats from my back pocket as a bribe, causing the toughie to immediately drop his guard and run back to get lime who glared at me disapproving.

Lime still looked very grizzled, now sporting a small eye patch as well as several scars on his legs that the monster gave him.

“You bwing sketty treats? What about dah monstah?” He says sounding disgusted by the offer of my bribe.

“I told you bud he is locked away far away from you guys I promise, besides we put a massive fence around my house no other fluffies can get in or out, so your other herdmates are being slowly rounded up” I say to Lime.

“Look bud I know your upset about what happened and I know your mad about it but believe me the monster in a lot worse shape than you” I said as I shaked the bag of treats.

“Aww wime heaws am wies mistah, wime needs pwoof wiff own see-pwace” he says to me with no emotion on his face.

“Sure I’ll show you proof” I say pulling out my phone to show the two fluffies the picture of the mangled creature that was once the scary monster fluffy. The toughie upon seeing it immediately screes and lets out a scardy poopie as he began to run from the fence.

“Wow dat munsta am cobewed in wot of boo-boo juice…” Lime said sounding almost impressed by how fucked up the monster looked.

“I told you now can I come in and check on everyone?” I said still holding up the treats.

“Wimes wants fwee tweats fiwst” he says confidently.

“How about two so your herd mates all get one too?” I say to Lime.

“Wime wikes dah deaw mistah” he said in agreement as I opened the door and put the two treats in front of him.

“Ok there you go bud enjoy” I said as I walked away to check on the rest of the herd.

"I walked around giving the rest of the herd the treats I promised as I inspected any of the new foals that were recently born.

I then came upon a mother who seemed to nervously look at me and then looked away, and soon after that I was approached by Lime.

“Mistah that mawe hab issue…” he whispered to me.

“Issues in what way bud?” I quietly whispered back.

“That mawe nu wan’ to take cawe of poopie babbeh, dah dummeh mawe make othah mommahs take cawe of hew poopie babbeh…” he said sounding dad.

“Oh then refuse her access to food unless she feeds all of her babies, use your toughies to enforce that.” I say encouragingly to him.

“Wime’s toughie nu smawt, fwuffy onwy wanna to hab speshuw huggies an’ hab gud feews” he said with a grumble.

“Oh i can get you some better ones. Just remind everyone you all live hear because of you, without you they will be kicked out and hunted” I say with a grin.

“Unless you die of old age in which you must elect another smarty friend to lead the herd your the boss, got it?” I say to him.

“Yes wime am dah boss” he said witj a serious look on his face he trotted over to the toughie, who had a red main and a blue coat and beganto give instructions.

I watched from afar as I watched the toughie try to blow off Lime off as he continued to flirt with a mare before Lime used his good hoof to hit him in the balls causing him to scree and crumple onto the ground. A minute later the toughie got up and unexpectedly charged at Lime with murdererous intent while Lime had his back turned, but I quickly stepped in putting my foot in the way causing him to slam full speed into my foot. While he was stunned from the inpact I quickly picked him up preparing to make an example of him. He let out a loud screee was he was picked up,

“SCREEEEEE! Bad uppies put toughie down!” It shouted as the rest of the herd took notice of the event unfolding in front of them.

“I want to remind you all that you only live here because of your leader, his agreement keeps you all fed and safe, don’t you dare attack or challenge him, as long as he is a good and fair leader you all will live happily here, that goes for you toughie listen to your leader and you may get rewarded and get to keep your balls that is if your leader allows it” I say looking at lime.

“Nu take toughies speshuw wumps” the toughie said with a whine as he struggled against my grasp.

“Toughie can keep dem fo’ nao if fwuffy wistens to wime” Lime says to the relief of the toughie.

“Ok but remember toughie you’ve been warned be a good fluffie” I say as I gently put him down and continue to check out the rest of the herd.

After I finished checking up on all of them I finished up and checked on Lime again, he was healing but still shaken from the attack.

I then went and checked my yard for any more ferals that could’ve miraculously gotten in but I found none so I decided to head inside. I walked into my house from the backdoor I heard the soft gentle snoozing of Steven from the living room, I walked in to check on him and saw he was curled up hugging a pillow so I carefully set a blanket over him as I noticed he looked a bit cold. After I went into the saferoom to let him sleep soundly and to check up on my own fluffies. As I entered the safe room I was greeted back cheers of joy before they all resumed playing.
It was nice to watch them run and and play, even guardian seemed to finally relax as he happily played with a ball while Orange Peel and Angel played with blocks. I spent probably 3 or 4 hours just watching those little guys just happily play before my stomach growled. It was therapeutic and relaxing in a weird way that I never expected, as I got up I said goodbye to the three and then headed to the kitchen to find Steven awake and sitting at the table looking at something at his phone.
“Good morning sleeping beauty~” I say teasingly to him.

“Haha Atlas” he said as he rolled his eyes.

“So whatcha up to Steven?” I ask looking into the fridge to grab a beer while I ponder what to eat.
“Or more importantly what do you wanna eat?” I say as I crack the beer open and take a swig.

“Uh um just a recipe I was thinking of making” he said not looking away at his phone.

“Oh do tell I say excitedly cuz I’m starving!” I say.

“Oh um just a simple potato soup” he said getting up to grab ingredients.

“I love that shit! Need any help from me?” I say to Steven sitting down in a chair at the kitchen table.

“No I can handle it” he said confidently.

After a few minutes of looking at my phone I get a light tap on my shoulder.

“Can you grab the potatoes and the pot from the top shelf…” he mutters to me.

"Aye aye captain independent~ I say teasingly.

As I grab the bag of potatoes and the pot her requested, it dawned on me. I’m like a half a foot taller than Steven like I’m 6’3 give or take but hes like maybe 5’4 or 5’5 at the most. It’s kinda weird it took this long to realize that but I guess that goes to show how detail attentive I am…

“Here you go chef!” I say imitating a hells kitchen competitor jokingly causing Steven to roll his eyes with a chuckle.

“Good job you donkey, now fuck off with you” Steven said back to me in his best Gordan Ramsey impersonation.

After going and filling the food bowls of Guardian, Angel, and Orange Peel I went out to feed the herds food trough. As I walked back inside I was greeted by the wonderful aroma of potato soup and cheddad cheese.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw the table set with some bread, two bowls of hot soul and the pot on a coaster along with a plate of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
“Wow man that looks great!” I say as I sit down across to the proud looking Steven.

After adding some of the cheese to my bowl I went to town, it was a delicious meal after a hard day’s work. After going back for a 2nd and then 3rd bowl Steven started to relax a bit, it seemed removing him from the constant work environment seemed to be doing well, besides I am financially set for life as long as I don’t go out and buy any two million dollar mansions or fancy yachts.
After dinner Steven excused himself and went off to go shower and change clothes, but as I walked by I freel I heard something I shouldn’t have heard.

“God I’m a fucking idiot… Why don’t he get the signs I keep putting out when will he get the hint…” I hear him say behind the thin bathroom door as I passed by.

I was confused by this and maybe thought it was him self reflecting but who knows I might ask him about it later though I didn’t want to interupt him and I still needed to check on the fluffies of my own. To my surprise they were all already asleep curled up together so I decided I’d just check on them in the morning.

Soon after that I went to sleep but not before messaging Steven that I’d be asleep and if he needs anything to just wake me up. As I drifted off to sleep I felt happy for once, surrounded by those who care for me everything was right with the farm for once, no monsters to handle, no death crawling close to me, just peace and inner tranquility but I know it won’t last for long. It never does…

(Hey all thanks again for reading this chapter of my story, this time around I wanted to add towards the fluffy companionship with people but also add towards the people relationships as often I never see those talked or visited much as fluffies are often the entire focus of the stories so i figured I’d try it out. Tell me what you think of it anyway peace out!!!)

First Chapter | Next Chapter | Previous Chapter
6 Likes

DAMN LIME WAS SO PISSED OFF THAT HE TALKED RIGHT,or maybe is bc of the trauma?

1 Like

Well it was half me forgetting to translate it… :stuck_out_tongue: but also he is a old and wise fluffy so he is smarter than most, but he is a goodish leader or about as good of a leader as a fluffy can be

1 Like

God nothing better than ending the day with a good big pot of potato soup, my family likes to do a creamy type thats like 5 ingredients away from clam chowder and i seriously cant get enough of the stuff.
Sometimes tells me that steven swings the other way, hopefully it turns out well for him, seems like a good guy if just a little crazy.

1 Like

Welp steves gay and into atlas. I hope this relationship goes well!

1 Like

Tbh it may happen i put the pre-work there but i want it to be natural and over a long span of time, i do use random odds to determine some events as not having control of everything is kinda fun to write with

1 Like

Need ideas for the love blossum? Hmu

1 Like

I think I know where I’m headed rn but I’m honestly just leaving it to small flirting and goofs as of rn just because I do wanna add fluffyness into the story to add conflict or solution