Typical day at East Side Fluffy Day Care (artist: Carpdime)

A drawing of the day care center that Avocado goes to.

Hope this post works!

113 Likes

Am happy to see this posted here as well!

This is incredibly useful! And definitely different from how I imagined it. I’ll try to reference this when I revise Chapter 5.

7 Likes

Aww. its adorable.

4 Likes

Those two fluffys kissing eachother good bye or so freaking cute! I love this picture.

6 Likes

I’ve missed these slice-of-life pictures! I’m so glad there’s a place to see them again. :smiley:

8 Likes

Welcome Carp, good to see you here. This piece here is profoundly detailed and talented.

8 Likes

Oh great and powerful Carpdime thank you for this gift!
Also why is the eating room so close to the nap time room?

5 Likes

food coma

7 Likes

I wonder how shelters are financed, they seem to be very well equipped

4 Likes

@Armer_Irrer Assuming no economic collapse and a larger population that can afford an industry catering to the care and upbringing of a secondary sentient species, a smaller daycare like this would do about as well as a small-scale kindergarten. I should point out that this is an independent daycare not owned by the government, corporation or other larger private entity. I imagine Hasbio could sponsor their own daycares or, alternatively, a religious-based educational group like the Lasallians could have their own independent daycares with their own programmes.

Its something I plan to explore later in Avocado, where Avocado will spend a year in a larger and more “structured” daycare with better amenities and has the license to issue certificates to gifted fluffies. However, it would seem more “sterile” compared to the smaller daycare depicted here.

5 Likes

Hm, not to sound harsh but “it’s like that by definition” kills the suspense of disbelieve.
But religion is a good point and I especially think that the comparison with a child care is apropriate.
But I still wonder what would happen in the real world. Assuming no sudden dramatic rise in cruelty “because they are sold as soap” or the like.

2 Likes

I included it because some fluffy fiction centres around a level of dystopia. As some people have pointed out, fluffies are depicted like a luxury product - they are difficult to upkeep and maintain, and they have a lot of necessities. Either times, they are depicted as a pest, being capable of reproducing at an absurd rate that makes looking after “all” of them impossible… Other times, like in the case of the PETA raid or the Fall of Cleveland, they either are viewed as an incomplete product, or were involved in some event that tarnished their reputation.

I included the definition because I want to be clear about where I am standing with the canon that I am using to write Avocado and his world. In the world of Avocado, fluffies are currently not an invasive species, no are they a luxury toy, they are a sentient pet animal with flaws that was previously marketed as toys (and may still be by certain people).

Thats the overall approach I’m going with my story on Avocado. I think fluffies have some appeal as a domestic pet, but I also think they need to be flesh out a bit more. Also, fluffies interest me as a sentient pet because their existence raises some interesting debates.

4 Likes

How has the entire daycare not turned to chaos surrounding the blue Fluffy at the bottom eating spaghetti?

4 Likes

I think Carp has his own answer, but I’ll assume they have developed strict spaghetti eating times. Perhaps centered around good behaviour, or a strict schedule like here

A more morbid thought of mine is that some of them may know that too much sketti is actually a bad thing.

4 Likes

I’d work here.

1 Like

Just wondering about the hole on the fence. Eek!

3 Likes

I ended up referencing that hole in Avocado’s story a bunch of times. It does get patched up, but one way or other something happens that causes an opening to happen again, whether its some intruder breaking into the daycare, or wear & tear.

3 Likes

So I’m not the only one. I was thinking that somebody was bound to have noticed how mares were getting pregnant without permission. That would lead them to that hole in the fence.