We have a phone call for Ruby! (artist: Carpdime)

Although it takes a bit of time to finish, I enjoy doing set pieces like this where I can portray and convey story points about the daycare friends. This piece features a few of the things referenced in Ruby and Becky’s stories. Links to the references are below which also serves as a convenient catalog of some of the related stories and artwork:

53 Likes

Eee I LOVE it! I would pay for you to illustrate a book like this. This is so, so good and it’s straight up marketable.

5 Likes

Beautiful and incredibly well done, as always.
Like Fluffus said, these could be illustrations in an actual picture book.
Pieces like this really help get to know the everyday life of the characters more.
I also love all the little details, like the to do list.

2 Likes

Super interesting and successful choice to desaturate the highly detailed bedside table/nightstand.

You clearly put a lot off effort into using detail level, color and focus points like the human and the fluffy to guide a specific reading of this picture. You are using some dang advanced composite techniques here, you legend you.

3 Likes

Also using the color yellow, starting with the guitar, as a vertical/diagonal composition “band” across the picture center is >> chef’s kiss <<

2 Likes

Aaaand I can read the list if I zoom in. Geeeez… you thought of everything!

2 Likes

Beautiful composition and I love the angle. I bet this took DAYS of work. Excellent job on the lighting as well.
Lovely as always.

2 Likes

Amazing love the details of the room :sparkles::+1:

1 Like

This is the type of art that you can view for hours on end and still find something new about the piece and I absolutely love it :sparkles:

1 Like

Your art is fantastic and, better still, has never stopped improving. Thanks for sharing your work.

1 Like

Great quality! Amazing talent!
Would you like to have a booth at FC-CON in my ongoing comic? We need more hugboxers.
Details here: FC Convention! (FC-CON) By BloodyBoots