Foals of a bad mummah #1 [by purplegem]

Hoping to get some more practice in soon but here is page 1 of my first comic, Foals of A Bad Mummah. It will detail the lives and stories of foals born and raised by bad parents, with all kinds of different endings (all/any kinds of boxes) for the foal characters as they grow up and go through their lives. Feel free to critique my fluffy anatomy, as I’m wanting to get better at drawing non-humans :purple_heart:

NEXT>>

222 Likes

ooooooooooo nice i wonder where this will go

9 Likes

Interesting start, already hate the mother. I can imagine some justified endings, some bittersweet, some potentially even infuriatingly realistic.

I’m in to see where this goes.

14 Likes

Great job - cute cute art and I hate mummah already!!

5 Likes

amazing job

6 Likes

Great work! Especially the coloring! Agree they domestic/house fluffies?

8 Likes

thank you :purple_heart: yes they are domestic and have an owner, who will appear soon :wink:

7 Likes

Where’s dose this bitch live I’m going to knock some sense In to her that is bright green not shit green

5 Likes

Oooooh, a fat blue bestes babbeh! :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see more! Hope the green lad gets adopted and the others starve :pray:

7 Likes

Hopefully we’ll get to see the mare reformed in the end. Yeah, I enjoy the splatter and mayhem of an Abuser comic, but I do want to be happy to see Neutral/Hugboxer ending… although, I would like a good Horror-stricken mare being reformed. That way, relapse is less than likely to happen.

3 Likes

Gorgeous art, excellent facial impressions. Also the last panel is heartbreaking.

5 Likes

Would have thrown my shoe on the mare by now .

Love your designs. :+1:

Cant wait to see where it goes.

4 Likes

Nicd

2 Likes

Your fluffy anatomy looks fine to me! If anything, I’d say the wings look more attached to his scruff than his body? That’s easily fixed by adjusting the angle though.

I will say I read those panels the wrong way first though. The panels are laid out to read left-right from top to bottom, so it’s weird to arrange them in a way that requires arrows, if that makes sense.

(That said, the comic works just as fine ignoring the arrows, haha. Mom hears “mummah?” and instantly knows the little brat wants milk, gets huffy when he doesn’t listen to her explanation.)

2 Likes

I like the art style.
Seems like their cheeks are indicative of how well-fed they are.

You know what would have been really savage? If the mummah instead of answering normally just added a passive aggressive line to the mummah song like “buh nu wub ugwy gween munstah babbeh dat am awways intewwupting mummah

Sarcasm like that would not only go against the very essence of the ‘mummah wub babbeh’ song, but I feel it would be a bit too smart for a fluffy to come up with on the spot. But maybe in a weirdbox universe…

2 Likes

Be glad you’re not stomped or eating shit, a drop of milk is better than no milk

2 Likes

A fluffy showing favoritism?!
No choice but to torture her.

2 Likes

She’s bad, but could be worse. At least she’s not giving foweba sweepies and she is actually going to feed her.

2 Likes

It would be interesting if the “bestest” foal had health problems due to being grossly overfed, leading to its demise either directly because of its poor physical health or because it’s too fat to run away from danger. Of course the mother would be too stupid to understand that it was her fault for causing the foal get to that stage, because fluffies only think milk/food = “big and strong” and have no concept of moderation.

On a different note, something I’ve never really seen explored in “bestest baby” stories is the perspective of the second-best, in this case, the yellow baby. I would like to see how that foal feels about the situation. Does it strive to be seen as an equal to the “bestest”, or does it take the side of the “poopie”?

3 Likes